New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Mga bossing,

I am planning to have a complete machine overhaul (tama ba yon term?)of my 1995 TD42 (Nissan Safari). I wish to restore my vehicle to its original specs. Kindly recommend a shop located in QC. May I also know how much will I spend.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    O'larry

Mukhang interesting ang project mo sir! I have some suggestions.

1. It is very important that you get a technical manual of your vehicle. So you can measure and determine the service limits of your engine components

2. If your engine is not yet blow by and no unusual noise is heard yet I suggest you re schedule your project until this signs are present.

3. You can canvass usual culprits like cylinder liner/sleeve, piston ring set, valves, valve guides, valve seats, valve seals, main bearing, oil seals and conrod bushing.

4. Have you done a top overhaul?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    O'larry

Mukhang interesting ang project mo sir! I have some suggestions.

1. It is very important that you get a technical manual of your vehicle. So you can measure and determine the service limits of your engine components

2. If your engine is not yet blow by and no unusual noise is heard yet I suggest you re schedule your project until this signs are present.

3. You can canvass usual culprits like cylinder liner/sleeve, piston ring set, valves, valve guides, valve seats, valve seals, main bearing, oil seals and conrod bushing.

4. Have you done a top overhaul? T.O.can give you useful insights on the condition of your piston ring and cylinder wall. More or less

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    try mo rin magpost sa 4x4ph.com....marami ring naka patrol dun...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    larry,
    bakit mo naman e-overhaul kung wala naman problem?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Doing unecessary work on an engine can just open up a can of worms.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    big engines like the safari, basta well taken cared of will last up to 300k above kilometers.

tama mga suggestion dito, if it does not show any signs of a broken engine better keep it that way lang. know somebody before he sold his safari na pina overhaul to the tune of 80k daw inabot. ewan ko lang kung ano=ano pinalitan at saan pinagawa.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wow!!! 300k kms. sana umabot td42 before overhaul.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Salamat sa mga inputs mga bossing.

Gusto ko lang ibalik sa original specs. Wala naman nararamdaman yon aking sasakyan na "sakit." Nagpa-top-overhaul na ako late last year (1st week of November, 2005).

Susundin ko po mga payo niyo. "If it aint broke, don't fix it" (tama ba?).

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    may nabago ba sa performance nun na top-overhaul?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
overhaul