Due to wear and tear, my transmission is about to undergo a overhaul, but according to HONDA CASA, they won't replace parts by parts, all they have to do is replace the whole old transmission with a re-manufactured a/t transmission coming from there plant. Which would costs around 45k on transmission alone, labor and ATF not yet included. Do you think it's too pricey?

I've got a friend mechanic who told me to buy a rebuiding kit and he'll be the one to repair the worn parts co'z he's got 2 past experience from a civic already.

I told the CASA "what if i'll just buy a rebuilding kit alone and we'll do the job", they told me that they don't sell rebuilding kit alone co'z they need to know if the clutches needs replacement too, which is not included in there building kit. Only rubbers, o-ring and strainer are what's included with the rebuilding kit.

Can anyone refer a shop which sells rebuilding kit outside casa, so that i can minimized my spending. Or any other alternative solution with my transmission problem.

thanks