New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Hybrid View

1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    i have a jasma muffler on my car. meron sya silencer and I want to try what it would be if it was taken out. di ko lang alam kung pano. meron sya apat o tatlo na screws that seem to connect it to the muff. pero even if i take it off di pa din matanggal silencer. design lang kaya ung screws na un. has any one ever tried taking off the silencer on a JASMA muff. pano kaya? thanks

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    can you post a pic?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    You need a metal hook to latch to the inside of the silencer, and you need to give it a good, sharp "yank". In other words... i-bigla mo para lumabas.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    i'll try to post a pic tom...pero niky mhen.. if i do that will i still be able to put it back ... just in case maingay masyado... reason why i want to take it out is because baka nakaka restrict ng airflow.. wala lang try ko lang without it... saka para malinisan na din...will i be breaking somthing that wont allow me to put it back just in case i yank it off.. thanks

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    give it a shot bro pero check mo din kung hihina ang hatak. May purpose din ang restricting design ng muffler. Baka maging siyento-beinte ka. lol

6. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by gowthead View Post
    i'll try to post a pic tom...pero niky mhen.. if i do that will i still be able to put it back ... just in case maingay masyado... reason why i want to take it out is because baka nakaka restrict ng airflow.. wala lang try ko lang without it... saka para malinisan na din...will i be breaking somthing that wont allow me to put it back just in case i yank it off.. thanks
    with a sufficient sized hook (strength/length) try to pull it out after a good drive (hot!)... it does restrict flow but not that much unless you're running a big turbo and high pressure. if you have a 4 banger NA, depending on the size of your pipe; you might wanna keep it in there to help out with the back pressure. as far as cleaning... it's always gonna be black so why bother with a detailed cleaning. unless you got thick carbon residue, i would just scrub it down and hose it off.
    hth!

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    seinto bente ..hehe. ciguro i just want to experiment . pero before i do it gusto ko malaman kung if i take it off mababalik ko pa kaya sya ng maayos. without welding o ano man.kung baga plug and play.hehe

jasma muffler question