New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    i have a jasma muffler on my car. meron sya silencer and I want to try what it would be if it was taken out. di ko lang alam kung pano. meron sya apat o tatlo na screws that seem to connect it to the muff. pero even if i take it off di pa din matanggal silencer. design lang kaya ung screws na un. has any one ever tried taking off the silencer on a JASMA muff. pano kaya? thanks

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    can you post a pic?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    You need a metal hook to latch to the inside of the silencer, and you need to give it a good, sharp "yank". In other words... i-bigla mo para lumabas.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    i'll try to post a pic tom...pero niky mhen.. if i do that will i still be able to put it back ... just in case maingay masyado... reason why i want to take it out is because baka nakaka restrict ng airflow.. wala lang try ko lang without it... saka para malinisan na din...will i be breaking somthing that wont allow me to put it back just in case i yank it off.. thanks

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    give it a shot bro pero check mo din kung hihina ang hatak. May purpose din ang restricting design ng muffler. Baka maging siyento-beinte ka. lol

6. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by gowthead View Post
    i'll try to post a pic tom...pero niky mhen.. if i do that will i still be able to put it back ... just in case maingay masyado... reason why i want to take it out is because baka nakaka restrict ng airflow.. wala lang try ko lang without it... saka para malinisan na din...will i be breaking somthing that wont allow me to put it back just in case i yank it off.. thanks
    with a sufficient sized hook (strength/length) try to pull it out after a good drive (hot!)... it does restrict flow but not that much unless you're running a big turbo and high pressure. if you have a 4 banger NA, depending on the size of your pipe; you might wanna keep it in there to help out with the back pressure. as far as cleaning... it's always gonna be black so why bother with a detailed cleaning. unless you got thick carbon residue, i would just scrub it down and hose it off.
    hth!

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    seinto bente ..hehe. ciguro i just want to experiment . pero before i do it gusto ko malaman kung if i take it off mababalik ko pa kaya sya ng maayos. without welding o ano man.kung baga plug and play.hehe

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    As long as it's not welded in, you can put it back.

As for power... it depends on how your system is matched. With a well-matched system (very free-flowing), taking it out will lose you some midrange torque and give you lots of top-end. If the system is too free-flowing, you'll just lose power... period. If the system is still somewhat restrictive, you'll see power from midrange to top-end.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    thanks sa reps guys.. but i i realy want to experiment on my end. but before i do it i just want to know if i would be able to put it back without any problems if ever i take it off..or do i have to go to a muffler shop to put it back.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    by the way nice car niky..been eyeing on a lynx rs as my next 2nd hand car. ganda eh. and versatile ung looks nya pwede kahit ano occasions.and no mods needed ..just replace the mags with bronze or black pwede na.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
jasma muffler question