New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I was driving at 80kmph when I heard something blew form my engine, then i found my car dead and can no longer have it started

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    starting the engine is not possible when your timing belt breaks down. I remember my uncle had his pajero serviced changed the timing belt since he already reached 80K km, instead of using an original timing belt bumili cya ng replacement lng and while he was driving at 80kph there was a "toktok" sound and the engine shutdown. when the mechanic opened the engine naputol daw yung timing belt and tumukod yung mga pistons kaya full overhaul ang ginwa.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    yes it wont start anymore. it happened to me some years back with my car

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Yep same with my L300...biglang may parang nasagasaaan na softdrink can na sound pero malakas!!...Then yun, baluktot yung camshaft,putol mga valves. 12k gastos replacement lahat at surplus!! pag all orig abot mga 30k siguro..

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    how to know if your spelling is broken?

spell check heheheheheeheheheh

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You can also open the timing belt cover. It's made of plastic and is usually just held by two bolts. It is on the same side where the fanbelts of your vehicle are.

If you cannot see the belt anymore, then its broken.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    To add, if you have an interference engine, you'll need to overhaul it as well. Top overhaul yata tawag dun.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    don't wait until your timing belt gets broken and makes your day as well as your pocket miserable. have it replaced religiously at certain mileage/time intervals as recommended in your vehicle manual.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My uncle just snapped the t-belt on his Lancer itlog last Thursday. Yup, it's overhaul time.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by al00399 View Post
    starting the engine is not possible when your timing belt breaks down. I remember my uncle had his pajero serviced changed the timing belt since he already reached 80K km, instead of using an original timing belt bumili cya ng replacement lng and while he was driving at 80kph there was a "toktok" sound and the engine shutdown. when the mechanic opened the engine naputol daw yung timing belt and tumukod yung mga pistons kaya full overhaul ang ginwa.
    same what happened to me more than 3 yrs. ago Ginago yung trabaho ng mga lintek na "siraniko" na yun sa Banawe. Orig parts pa man din binili ko,.. wala rin!

Fortunately, hindi naman nasira mga valves.... no need to overhaul... kaya nakahinga ko ng malalim (casa ko na pinagawa ehh... para may warranty... na-holdap nga lang ako sa presyo! ) hehe!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
how do you know when your timming belt is broken?