New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wala ka bang compre insurance? sakit yan sa ulo kapag ganyan...

pati ba bumper palit? mukhang gasgas lang naman...

oo nga pala... kung sa casa ka nag estimate mahal nga (honda pa).

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    malaking tama yan ah...

if he's telling you na you're overcharging, personally, i'd give the operator the finger and ask him why the hell would he complain, one his employees did damage to your car due to reckless imprudence and as such, caused damage to your car.

and that kind of damage, hindi pwedeng pukpok back to shape, lalo na for the affected suspension components, so it will really cost a lot. after all, you're not going to gamble your safety with substandard labor and parts (which will definitely be cheaper).

sorry, badtrip lang talaga ang mga ganyang incident :D

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    pati ba bumper palit? mukhang gasgas lang naman...
    i think so. from the pic, it appears to be ripped off its underpinnings, which btw means that some internal parts need to be replaced also.

about the operator, i bet he would say it's too expensive even if you said the estimate was php500. it's all a game to them - stand firm and tell them they need to pay for a quality job.
    Last edited by empy; January 21st, 2005 at 11:50 AM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    anak ng teteng o...overcharging? batukan mo. :fire:

5. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    if i were you, just get the police report and then hand it over to your insurance company. they will be the one to run after the other guy.

i would accept nothing less than casa costs and original equipment. don't take any B.S. from this guy. you are the victim, don't even put out a single centavo pare. your insurance and your lawyer will take care of the dirty work.

andy

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yup... let you're insurance and lawer do the hunting.

It's not your fault and you've been inconvenienced by them so they have no right to bEEtch about it IMO.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    overcharging?... eh kung sila na magpagawa nun? laki ng tama, siguradong malaki din ang gastos... loko pala sila...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    As far as I know, there is a certain age for a vehicle to be accepted by insurance companies for casa repairs. If your vehicle is quite old already, most insurance companies just bring them to their certified repair shops. Check the terms and conditions of your insurance to be sure.

Its a good thing though that nothing bad happened to you. Worst possible case that coud've happened was a head on collision. Nothing really beats defensive driving.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    anak ng! grabe talaga yang mga operators na yan! sila na nakabangga eh babaratin ka pa nila? kung may lawyer at comp. insurance ka, then good. pwede mo pahabol yan. dapat nga palit ng panel na yan like another forumer here suggested..di pwede pukpok yan since manipis na ang mga kaha ng mga cars ngayon unlike nung dati na matitibay talaga.

nung nabangga car namin dati..sa front left door yung most of the damage..ang solution is to replace the whole door (which they did, nga lang ang tagal..) then repaint. we shelled out mga 13K since may pinasama pa kaming ibang damages to the car, like yung mga dents and stuff kaya umabot ng 13K.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    yup, defensive driving talaga.

minsan nga lang, kahit super defensive ka, there would still be stupid drivers who'll mess up your day.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
help with my Civic's damage