New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Thanks for all the concern guys, I'm touched that so many answered just overnight.

The taxi operator is R&E, they're based in Caloocan, huge company. If you see yellow taxis around the city with E&E and R&E logos kanila yon. After hitting me, the taxi actually hit another cab behind me, head on. The passengers had to be brought to the hospital, but no one died.

As for me I brought it to ERL Motorwerx in C. Benitez. They've done suspension work on my Civic before and I was happy so that's where I had the car towed. At this point I'd like to say that my Civic is stock, no modified suspension or rims, as you can plainly see.

The taxi operator's representative, Mr. Miralles, offered to have it fixed in their own repair shop. Of course I declined. He told me that if I bring it to the shop I choose it might take time to pay me because of paperwork, red tape, and all that BS. I agreed, as long as they pay me right?

After a week ERL sent me the estimate, P47,600 daw. A co-worker of mine who saw the pictures said that the estimate sounded just right. I sent the estimate and pictures to Mr. Miralles, and I kept calling him everyday to follow up. He'd answer his phone but he kept saying his bosses weren't around. Then he told me to just go to their office and speak to the manager/owner and plead my case. I went all the way to Caloocan, I asked a friend to accompany me. After we waited for an hour, Miralles came and said neither their manager nor lawyer will meet with me, their offer is P12,000, take it or leave it. He said if I'm not happy I can sue.

Our car does not have comprehensive insurance, we're supposed to sell it this year.

I'm thankful that my coompanion and I were unhurt, metal can be repaired or replaced, flesh and bone is another matter, but I still can't help but feel angry about this matter. I've always wondered why some of my relatives kept migrating to other countries, now I know why.

So is P47,600 way too much? What do you guys think?

Thank you for your replies and concern.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    lugi ka doon sa 12k imho. tangna talaga dito sa pinas bulok ang systema.:mad:

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    47,600..too much??
    i believe it's just enough.
    you can say na nakamura ka pa doon since you've been a previous customer of the shop.
    and it's far from 130K-repair of the city in the previous post.

12K will be enough for a paint job..
    iyon lang siguro ang gagawin nung R&E if ever na sila ang gagawa sa sasakyan mo.

12K wouldn't be enough.
    they should even cover expenses like renting another car while your car is in a shop.
    the fact na iniwasan mo iyung taxi nila..
    sila lang ang at-fault doon.
    damn them! :mad:

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    12,000 for that kind of damage?! to hell with them, next time, always have comprehensive insurance kahit na malapit na ibenta car mo, just in case na may ganon mangyari (huwag naman sana) insurance na lang mamroblema diyan.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    PhP12,000 and take it or leave it? :swear: eh labot pa lang yata yun eh.

Sabi pa mag sue ka? Ano naman ang defense nila dun? Im not familiar with the insurance law sa Pinas. Pero sa US, you can take it wherever you want or the shop of your choice. Tinatakot ka lang yata nun about the lawsuit, demanda mo na lang. Pero malay mo, makuha sa lagay ang judge.

Goodluck kapatid.

6. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Useless sila i-sue. Mas talo ka dito sa oras at gastos. Why dont you try bringing this story to media para mapahiya sila in public.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nyak. malaki-laki gastos nyan. mahina na siguro 30k.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Grabe yun ah. Yes I think the practical choice now is to have your car insured with a comprehensive policy to shield you from these mishaps.

12k take it or leave it is a rude policy but unfortunately our government, which we pay a huge tax to, is also as lame in executing the law. How can 12k cover for all the cost. As for the 45k repair, look for a trusty yet not so expensive shop to restore it. If you bring it to a Honda shop, they will definitely whack your pocket to submission.

In Chinese belief, the car took the brunt of what could have happened to you physically so remain to be thankful ... and take the expense as the money in exchange of this.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    i would find a lawyer friend and sue them. Tapos make sure that included in the settlement is that they pay for the lawyers fees.

the first thing you do is make sure that naka-blotter ang incident and that you would like to charge the driver and the taxi company with frustrated manslaughter or whatever it is called.

ipakulong mo ang driver tapos demanda mo yung taxi company.

andy

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sana may police report ka rin nyan...

and, talagang iba pa rin ang may comprehensive insurance... sakit ng ulo kapag wala kasi... kasi kung may comprehensive, pwedeng sila ang mag asikaso nun para sa iyo.

pero ok lang yung estimate. 12K o kaya repairshop nila? baka kung ano-ano pa ang ma nenok sa kotse mo nyan.

or as wildthing said, hanap ka ng friend na lawyer para samahan ka. dapat kasi madada o kaya nakakasindak na kapag ganyan.

kung wala pa ring mangyari... sabihin mo sa kanila baka gusto nila kumalat ang istorya na ito sa internet at malugi sila. haha.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
help with my Civic's damage