New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    My car was hit by a taxi that drove into the incoming lane, the driver fell asleep. The cab hit me halfway, striking the left rear door, hitting the tire which blew up, and going on until the rear bumper. I'll try to post pics. My rear left suspension sheared and my car had to be towed to the police station.

How much do you think the damage is worth?

Please let me know what you think, the operator thinks I'm overcharging.

Thank you.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    baket ka overcharging daw?magkano ba ang quote sayo ng suking talyer mo?
    ?

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    lokong taxi driver yun buti hindi kayo nag head on bro, buti na lang at medyo naka steer ka ng konti :mad:

Will the operator pay for the bills? Damn taxi drivers, falling asleep while driving, pwede mo demanda yun.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hindi ko alam ang labor rates sa pinas but that's a lot of work - replace (wag kang papayag na masilya lang) rear door, rear quarter panel (this is a PITA), rear suspension...repaint rear door, quarter panel and bumper, possibly blend onto front door, roof and trunklid - a good painter would probably end up spraying half of the car.

not to mention replacing any mechanical components, suspension, one rim + tire, etc. the good news is that it probably won't have frame damage.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    just to give an idea, honda casa repaired the damage on this car for ~P130k

i don't remember whether the fender/door were replaced but the car was back looking new ... it was hit by a speeding tricycle with a stupid unlicensed driver who lost control when he avoided hitting another vehicle

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    yikes....solid sideswapped...buti na lang oks ka lang pre....

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    naku! malaking tama yan!!! i use to be an estimator sa casa... get it estimated muna sa casa... para sure ka... umatras yung gulong mo sa wheel well eh...

sori to say.. but masama po tama mo.. quarterpanel.. pinakamasakit na matamaan na panel since ndi po sya bolt on. as much as posible.. try to retain the old quarter panel.. basta wala butas if honda tries to tell you that they want it replaced tell them try to fix it muna.. kahit sabihin pa nila.. plasma cutter gamit nila and all.. pag quarter panel is replaced.. ndi na parang original yan since cut and weld na.. kahit pa mahusay yung latero and pag pinutol yan masmadali kalawangin kesa sa rapainted panel. and dami papalitan sa mechanicals.. sa ilalim po

bali sa visible sa pic.. ang masusugest ko lang po palit and repair isbut ndi ako sure kung repairable pa yung iba coz of pic ko lang nakita)

replace:
    door panel
    lh rr door side moulding
    lh lower side skirt
    rr bumper cover
    lh rr bumper cover moulding
    1 pc mag wheel
    1 pc tire
    1pc mags center emblem
    lh rr mudguard
    mechanical parts(suspension)

tin job and paint job on:
    lh quarterpanel
    lh runningboard

but the important thing is malayo kayo sa pahamak since sa sides lang tumama

good luck po Cal. hope you get this fixed with no problem

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    gusto yata ng operator masilya lang. Pero wala ba silang insurance para magbayad ng damages?

Rear Door: $551.68
    Rear Bumper: $121.00
    Alloy Wheel: $299.00
    Tire: $54.00
    Quarter Panel: $522.00
    Door Moulding: $58.53

Sub-total: $1,606.21
    Plus labor, paint, any other parts that I missed, and suspension damage, if any.

Sigurao mga $5,000 total kung andito sa US yan. Imagine kinyo's damage, 130K na pala yon!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nako, mukhang aftermarket color ka pa. bwiset talaga mga ganong tsuper!!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
help with my Civic's damage