New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    aah, so scub pala tawag dun..
    yea, maingay nga, how about performance-wise? di ba mga nascar cars walang mufflers? hehe.. seriously, ano po yung ibang nakikita ko na makintab at malalaki ang butas na muffler? freeflow yun? e yung parang tubo lang na parang walang chamber pero malaki rin butas? whats the difference? (kakahiya na, ang engot sa ganitong mga bagay...)

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if you can live with the noise on a daily driven car, go for it

but i prefer custom mandrel bent pipes mated with a JASMA spec muffler... ganda ng tunog with the performance gains!

First mods? Sound system... DIY lang, so did a LOT of research and asked a LoT of questions in Forums like this.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    so...am i on the right track, iluvdetailing? hehe..

i called nodalos, nagpa-consult...so far, dami na plano building up in my mind... mahal nga lang..

Your doing the right thing, the internet is your friend. Just do it one at a time. What are your planned mods? Make a list of mods you want so that you can set a goal... that way it would be easier for you to plan ahead. And regarding performance mods, do you want an N/A or a turbo charged engine?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Actually the first thing to do when you are deciding to modify your car is what will your car be first? Performance? Audio/Entertainment? Porma?

If you want performance, you have to upgrade the engine, brakes, suspension, wheels, etc. You will also have to keep the weight down so you cannot install big subwoofers, etc. Also some bodykits and big wheels do nothing but slow you down (aside from looking good).

If you want audio, you can keep the exterior nearly stock and concentrate on your speakers, amplifiers, enclosures, head unit, etc. You might need to install some additional soundproofing and foam to eliminate excessive vibration and road noise.

If you want porma only... well, I guess you already said you dont want it.

If you want performance, you have to upgrade the engine, brakes, suspension, wheels, etc. You will also have to keep the weight down so you cannot install big subwoofers, etc. Also some bodykits and big wheels do nothing but slow you down (aside from looking good).
    That would be an expensive upgrade.

Why not the best of both worlds?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ILuvDetailing
    That would be an expensive upgrade.
    the actual list of "things to do" would depend on the budget. Its almost criminal negligence if you have a 200hp output engine in your sentra and stock brakes to stop it, right?

Anyway, with most n/a type upgrades, a simple brake pad upgrade would be good enough.

The long list of possible upgrades for performance is meant to maximize the performance potential of the sentra & the ga16de engine.

Why not the best of both worlds?
    Well, having 150 pounds of audio equiptment in your car will defintely slow you down. Reducing a Sentra's weight by (even) 50 lbs can increase your speed, enough to gain a full car length starting advantage in a quarter mile drag race.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; March 10th, 2005 at 05:17 PM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Here's something I picked up from the nissan casa years and years ago.

The ECU of the GA16DE engine found in the model 1992 Nissan Sentra is programmed differently depending on the transmission that was fitted to it. The A/T version was programmed to have slightly more torque at the lower RPM range than the M/T version. They said it was done this way to offset the power losses from the A/T tranny. It was also said you can swap engine ECUs from the A/T to a M/T version car and gain some lower end torque without affecting max output HP in a M/T tranny Sentra.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    hmmm..nice info..
    lets get back to my previous questions though..hehe.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Car Modding, pano simulan? pls help