New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    [SIZE=3]peace!
    just wanna know what mods can i do with my car, although i dont plan to make mine a rice burner (no offense to ricers, compact cars aint really built for racing in my opinion) di ako karerista, gusto ko lang mas lumakas at bumilis than stock cars, saka matanda na kotse ko, gotta keep up with the times...hehe..

o yea, saka i heard na mas tatagal ang engine life pag maganda ang airflow e..so anyway,

im driving what used to be my mom's 1991 Nissan Sentra II, 1.6L, ECCS, DOHC. yung supersaloon na automatic (see matic pa? definitely not for racing! hehe ) im more of a city driver pero twice a month, im using NLEX or SLEX...

im planning na kabitan ng 4:1 headers, intake system at siguro a fuel saver... eto po ang katanungan ko:

1. where to get headers? someone reffered me to CPM Mufflerhaus, ok ba yun? ano yung Nodalos? ano yung mandrel bends, etc.? how much usually and cost plus installation?

2. where to get and what to get, intake system. is SIMOTA ok? i think KNN is better, pwede bang Simota ang tube tapos KNN ang filter? ano benefit ng cone-type sa drop-in-airbox type? how much usually?

3. anyone here my experience with fuel savers like KHAOS, etc.? what about yung kinakabit sa fuel lines? effective ba mga to?

so yun...sana lang po matulungan nyo ko, mas ayos kung masasamahan nyo pa ko magpagawa ng mga to.. hehe!
    budget ko, mga 8thou, plus 8thou sa sis ko (share kame car e) so any opinions would be a big help! la talaga ko alam sa modding e

p.s.
    my 1974 corvette stingray ba sa pilipinas??

salamat salamats![/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by bobo_d_wiseman
    2. where to get and what to get, intake system. is SIMOTA ok? i think KNN is better, pwede bang Simota ang tube tapos KNN ang filter? ano benefit ng cone-type sa drop-in-airbox type? how much usually?
    If you have the cash go for KNN. I think auto_xer sells knn products you can PM him for prices.

3. anyone here my experience with fuel savers like KHAOS, etc.? what about yung kinakabit sa fuel lines? effective ba mga to?
    Sir we had a really extensive discussion regarding that controversial product, try to search it, I think its under the car talk section. IMO Khaos is just marketing hype, with no conclusive data to back it up.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Kung di ka karerista wag kang mag 4:1, lalo na matic, how often do you get to reach really high RPM?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    4-2-1 nga dapat, and don't get an extremely free-flowing exhaust tube and muffler combo, as it will KILL your torque.

If I were you, I'd spend the extra 2000p for the K&N, it's worth the security.

I'd think twice about doing ANY exhaust mods beyond a mild header and muffler build, as ATs suck gas really badly with exhaust mods.

The best fuel saver you can get is good tuning, a good (synthetic) motor oil (not any lower than 5w30, 0w are dangerous to use on really old engines...), good tires and light mags.

Yes there is a 74 Stingray here, but it's very hard to catch. The owner is part of one of the Classic Car groups that go up to Tagaytay on the odd weekend.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    im driving what used to be my mom's 1991 Nissan Sentra II, 1.6L, ECCS, DOHC. yung supersaloon na automatic (see matic pa? definitely not for racing! hehe ) im more of a city driver pero twice a month, im using NLEX or SLEX...
    am sure ghosthunter would disagree with this... he had a blown sentra matic before...

1. where to get headers? someone reffered me to CPM Mufflerhaus, ok ba yun? ano yung Nodalos? ano yung mandrel bends, etc.? how much usually and cost plus installation?
    try to get mandrel bent headers. they have smoother "bends" than regular ones.

cone-type... better airflow! but be wary where it is placed since you want cold air to be sucked into your engine rather than hot air coming from your radiator fan (which'll just negate the better airflow).

just a bunch of BS.

======

btw, try to do your mod one at a time... like install first a new air filter... after a month headers... then freeflow mufflers... etc...

6. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    1. 1.6 engine mo, get a 4-2-1 branded headers, you can get surplus, bakal ang headers di naman madaling masira. branded ones are definitely better than locally manufactured ones... no replacement for R&D

2. If your budget can accomodate it get KNN, yes. you can use it with a simota tube.

3. forget it!!! these gadgets don't work PERIOD!

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Its hard to maxmize the power of an automatic car coz its being controlled shift. Unless you turn-off the O.D.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    am sure ghosthunter would disagree with this... he had a blown sentra matic before...
    correction: blown sentra series2 M/T before...... later... a blown 99 Corolla matic

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by bobo_d_wiseman
    [SIZE=3]peace!
    just wanna know what mods can i do with my car, although i dont plan to make mine a rice burner (no offense to ricers, compact cars aint really built for racing in my opinion) di ako karerista, gusto ko lang mas lumakas at bumilis than stock cars, saka matanda na kotse ko, gotta keep up with the times...hehe..

o yea, saka i heard na mas tatagal ang engine life pag maganda ang airflow e..so anyway,

im planning na kabitan ng 4:1 headers, intake system at siguro a fuel saver... eto po ang katanungan ko:

so yun...sana lang po matulungan nyo ko, mas ayos kung masasamahan nyo pa ko magpagawa ng mga to.. hehe!
    budget ko, mga 8thou, plus 8thou sa sis ko (share kame car e) so any opinions would be a big help! la talaga ko alam sa modding e

salamat salamats![/SIZE]
    The 1992 Nissan Sentra 1.6 ECCS is not a bad car to start modifying. I might be more than ten years old but it does have good points.

The GA16DE engine is responsive to basic I/H/E mods. The B13 chassis is lightweight (as compared to B14 and newer models of the Sentra). There is a number of stuff that are compatible for the car (if you are willing to spend).

Headers - I recommend getting 4-2-1 headers. I got mine from Nodalos way way back.

Exhaust - I also upgraded the piping to 2 inches and replaced the stock resonator with a freeflow version. The muffler was replaced with a freeflow muffler with a 2.5 inch end pipe.

Intake - I used a K&N cone filter that bolted on to the air sensor assembly via an adapter. A better setup is to do a COLD AIR INTAKE. This would require you to install the filter in the front bumper or fender then piping to connect to the stock air sensor.

Brakes - the stock brakes are good enough but upgrading the brake pads is a cheap way to increase braking power. I use bendix metalking metallic brake pads.

Ignition - my old sentra also had ignition upgrades. MSD 6A ignition controller, Torquemaster sparkplugs (http://www.extremespark.com), and hi-tension sparkplug wires.

Wheels & Tires - i got a set of 15 inch Rota alloy wheels... not really the lightest (they were actually pretty heavy) but they were dependable and not easy to dent on bad roads. My choice of tires then was Bridgestone 195/50/15. Today I use Dunlop LM702 sized 195/55/15 as a good compromise between performance and comfort.

Suspension - stock shocks with Eibach Sportline springs. I had these shipped from the US because back then, there wasn't much of an aftermarket for Sentras.

All in all, I got pretty good performance out of my old Sentra. Rated about 123HP (normally aspirated) by my G-Tech Pro performance meter. Thats compared to a stock 110HP from the factory. I could reach 180kph in 4th gear easily and it would be stable too. 0-100kph in 8.8 seconds and 1/4mile in 15.8 seconds. It might not be lightning fast but it can hold its own against the crowd.

Regarding the KHAOS thingie... some recommended reading for you:

Guide to Fuel Saving Gadgets Thread

Miracle Fuel Saving Gadgets Thread

Khaos Fuel Saver Thread

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Car Modding, pano simulan? pls help