New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by gel_salazar07
    Its hard to maxmize the power of an automatic car coz its being controlled shift. Unless you turn-off the O.D.
    depends... I can control my car's A/T simply by selecting the gear manually 1-2-D.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    wow! astig pala dito ang bilis ng replies! thanks mga bossing!

so, basically, ganito kaya gawin ko: (as suggested by you guys)

* 4-2-1 na headers, hirap ang mga branded e, may mare-refer ba kayo? kung Nodalos? san yun pinapakabit? san meron nun?

* Simota tube, tapos KNN cone filter? ok na kaya yun? or yung KNN adapter and filter? (i asked fusion-racing wala na daw tube pag KNN e..)

as with tuning concerns, yea, maintained to, i use mobil1 engine oil with X1R treatment saka transmission oil ko, X1R treated rin..
    i dont plan on lowering my springs, kase hassle minsan pag mababa e..i have 15" Corsica mags though..

any other tips? like san okay na shop magconsult at magpa-upgrades? (im from fairview)

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    o yea, ano po ang free-flow mufflers? yun ba yung papaputol yung muffler at palitan lang ng 2inch diameter na pipe? may benefit ba pag paputol yung pipe hangang gitna? (mga 3inches after the resonator?) thanks ulit!

sir wag ka gumamit ng X1R, sapat na yung mobil1 na fully synthetic and it already has additives in it, additing more additives might negate that.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    marami branches nodalos pero main branch nila yung sa bangkal. Check this out:
    http://www.nodalos.com/shops.html

kung dun ka papagawa, ask for erick. sabihin mo deo referred you

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by bobo_d_wiseman
    o yea, ano po ang free-flow mufflers? yun ba yung papaputol yung muffler at palitan lang ng 2inch diameter na pipe? may benefit ba pag paputol yung pipe hangang gitna? (mga 3inches after the resonator?) thanks ulit!
    a freeflow muffler still looks like a muffler externally but the design you can look thru it if you look at it from one of the open ends.

Cutting your exhaust pipe after the resonator will just result in a noisy car and loss of backpressure which might result in less lower rpm torque.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002

* Simota tube, tapos KNN cone filter? ok na kaya yun? or yung KNN adapter and filter? (i asked fusion-racing wala na daw tube pag KNN e..)

simota tube and K&N filter would be fine but the engine's intake sensor is attached at the end of the rubber pipe extension leading from the engine. If you have the Sentra series 3, the "simota tube & cone filter" solution would be no problem. The sentra series 2 solution for cone filter is to have a filter adapter installed to the sensor assembly.

K&N filters normally do not come with tubes.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    hmmm...so ok na rin po ba yung stock na intake tube kabitan nalang ng adaptor and then the KNN cone filter?

di ba maganda ang walang backpressure? pag nagpa-muffler ako, di parang nawalan ng silbi yung headers, kasi mare-restrict din yung airflow pagdating sa muffler tama ba? more info please about exhaust..
    salamat sa suporta! may taga north-qc ba dito?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pag nagpa-muffler ako, di parang nawalan ng silbi yung headers, kasi mare-restrict din yung airflow pagdating sa muffler tama ba?
    that's where you feel the difference of free flow mufflers ;)

ang ingay ng scub (yung putol after resonator) and ang lakas ng vibrations dahil yung putol sa ilalim mismo ng cabin ng car.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    o yea, to get others involved sa thread,
    how about sharing here when you started modding your ride, what were the first upgrades you installed, how you installed them/ or learned to install them, where did you have it done, and how much you think you spent...something like that, para newbies like me dami malaman from experiences not from notes alone.. thanks

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Car Modding, pano simulan? pls help