New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by bobo_d_wiseman
    high tension wires
    platinum spark plugs
    IMO, these almost does nothing unless you upgrade your ignition system.

sa muffler issue, ayoko ng nakalabas ang malaki at makintab na tambutcho, mas ok ang design pag scub, pero mawawalan daw ng torque pag walang muffler?? any other way na maitago ang muffler? pwede kaya iklian ang piping at nasa loob pa konti ang muffler?
    scab? use only that if you are into drag racing... you will lose torque from the low-mid rpm range (which you'll need since you are driving a matic). also, the noise & vibration will drive you nuts after a few days... :bwahaha:

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    alam ko pwede iklian kasi ginawa ng friend ko sa AE101 niya dati. ingat lang pag mashadong dikit sa bumper, mangingitim yung paint.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ssaloon
    alam ko pwede iklian kasi ginawa ng friend ko sa AE101 niya dati. ingat lang pag mashadong dikit sa bumper, mangingitim yung paint.
    may binebenta na bang aftermarket na downward poiting mufflers? parang yung sa Honda ES & Altis... tago yung mga mufflers nila.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    ok i have an idea now for my exhaust setup. headers, then 2" piping, tapos nakatago muffler... pero wala ba ibang opinion jan? options on how do i make my car look "scub" (walang muffler) pero without the noise pag idling at walang torque loss?

sir ghosthunter, mga magkano at where ako makakabili nung brake pads? yung brake discs ok na yun?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    may ginawa yung isang taga mymitsuph, scub siya, pero 2 resonators na tig 24". tahimik at idle, monster pag binirit. turbo nga lang makina niya.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Hmmm.. share ko lang... d ako kagagaling and experienced sa performance tuning tulad ng iba d2... and im still learning... pero before ka mag-mod.. u should think about your budget tska kung ilang HP (200, 400.. 1000 WHP :-p ) target mo... it all depends kc how deep is your pocket tska pano mo gagamitin (daily driven o drag o street racing) un EHI(IHE done reversed) basic syempre.. nabasa ko port and polish ng cylinder head (done to help your engine also breath better along with IHE) may different levels, kung un advance level papagawa mo... better na lang daw n bumili ka ng upgraded cylinder head coz mas tipid (bago pa).. u can also upgrade your camshaft (this helps your engine breath deeper)... ive read sa isang tuning magazine they acheived a 100HP+ increase just doing the abovementioned upgrades...

u can also research further about NA... or you can also resort to forced induction (turbocharger or superchargers or nitro)... and this would mean at least an upgrade on fuel-injection system... tska *forged* internal parts sa engine... again depende talaga kung ano target mong HP at budget...

Tama ata si mazdamazda... kung wala ka plano iupgrade un ignition system mo... ok lang un stock na spark plug wires... unless syempre may tama na.. :-) maganda kc tingnan un ibang kulay na tension wires... IMO heheh..

Somewhere down the line ung tranny mo must go from automatic to manual to really unleash the beast... este un power... and must definitely consider a brake upgrade... remember na test lang un reliability on the defined (plus or minus) stock speed... u could consider a larger disc rotor na drilled or something... depende talaga kung gano kana kabilis... isa pang advice nabasa ko... would be to consider also torque gains not just HP... (HP is how fast u hit the wall, torque is how far u take the wall with you) so you might as well consider it on your basic IHE mod.

Paki-correct na lang po kung may mali ako sa post (im just sharing and not trying to mislead or something)...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by bobo_d_wiseman
    ok i have an idea now for my exhaust setup. headers, then 2" piping, tapos nakatago muffler... pero wala ba ibang opinion jan? options on how do i make my car look "scub" (walang muffler) pero without the noise pag idling at walang torque loss?
    modifying your car always is all about compromises...

you want more HP? then you have to live with the noise that'll come out of a freeflow muffler / no muffler and the torque loss at low rpm.

=======

IMO, don't change your pipings (unless you have already done a number of engine mods like adjustable cam gears, stage 3 p&p, etc). the price isn't worth it.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Just new in this forum, I just got a 2nd hand 1998 Lancer GSR and was browsing the internet for upgrades, accessories, etc to enhance the look and performance of my Lancer. Anybody has any ideas on how to get started? Just wanted some advice and tips and if possible information, location of shops that can assist me. Also as the thread says, paano simulan, its better if I can get info first on the possible areas or internet sites that I can visit to get an idea.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by tazman2073
    Just new in this forum, I just got a 2nd hand 1998 Lancer GSR and was browsing the internet for upgrades, accessories, etc to enhance the look and performance of my Lancer. Anybody has any ideas on how to get started? Just wanted some advice and tips and if possible information, location of shops that can assist me. Also as the thread says, paano simulan, its better if I can get info first on the possible areas or internet sites that I can visit to get an idea.

please do read the previous replies to this topic. ty.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    I have read the previous threads, and it would be helpful if someone can direct me to information or shops around Metro Manila specifically for the 1998 Lancer GSR.

Car Modding, pano simulan? pls help