New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    I got it off ebay back in 2002. A couple of years later a UK bimmer forum posted a link for the 2004 system discs ... never bothered to get newer ones after that. But sorry, I just checked and the link's gone. You can get the 2005 discs via ******* downloading. And the other system discs might interest you enough to look for them ...

ETK - Titled "EPC" in English for Electronic Parts Catalog. An online version is accessible at www.realoem.com/bmw .
    EBA - List of all oem accessories with retrofitting instructions.
    WDS - Schematic wiring diagram. The wiring diagram for the E36 and Z3 (called ETM) can be downloaded at http://www.gbnetwork.co.uk/bmw/downloadetm.html

There are other system discs whose titles I know not. These are very useful tools that helped me a lot ... like when I replaced my mechanical seats with motorized/memory ones, after dealers told me that they can't (or won't) do it. It may be because the seat isn't listed as a retrofit kit, hence no instructions, hehe, but the wiring harness needed isn't listed on the parts catalog either. Since I know basic electronics and have a copy of the WDS, the problem was solved thru DIY .

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by manolop10 View Post
    **M54powered - i'll have my suspension checked, but i already had the rear bushings and shock absorbers changed, so that leaves the springs left AFAIK. anymore to add?
    mmm...i missed that in the original post. just so i'm clear, did you already have the suspension professionally aligned, along with replacing the parts, and it didn't work?

i guess it wouldn't hurt to try to replace the springs (except in the wallet). it may solve the problem as long as you're using OEM-spec bushings, shocks and springs.

sayang pinalitan mo na yung bushings and shocks mo, you could have gotten a quality lowering kit with springs, properly valved shocks, and custom rear bushings that are made to counteract the natural negative camber that those bmw suspensions have because of their design (google 'semi trailing rear arm suspension' if you're interested in how it works). since the camber goes naturally negative as the suspension travels downward, you will want to install bushings that provide some offset to balance it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Si 06 View Post
    I used original M sport lowering springs in my 3 before with the same results nakabuka. 1 or 1.5 lang lower set yon not just the rear.
    what are 'original M sport' springs? are these the springs found in the OEM sport suspension package (i think they are also sold in some countries as "M Technic")? or are they springs from the e36 m3?

either way, if your bmw has the so-called semi trailing rear arm suspension, you will get negative camber if all you do is replace the springs, as i explained above. the sport package and the m3 suspension have much more than just springs with lower ride height...
    Last edited by empy; April 19th, 2007 at 06:15 AM.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Hey M54Powered, I'm planning to get H&R Sport Springs, so at least that would sort of fix my problem. One thing about my springs is that they really sagged and lack force na. I didn't realize i could get a quality lowering kit with springs, properly valved shocks, and custom rear bushings that are made to counteract the natural negative camber for my car. I always thought it would be so expensive. Oh well, I'll have to make do with what i have. Hopefully i can just find bushings that would help with my problem. Can you lead me to a place that could help me? Hehe. Thanks for the help buddy.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    better to get eibach imo... it doesn't sag.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    bosing manolo...the guys i talked with about e36 suspensions are both here in the US - Turner motorsport and UUC motorworks. afraid i can't be of more help in the RP.

but H&R sport springs are good in my experience...pero ewan ko lang if they work for your particular problem/application.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    *Speedyfix, i'm getting H&R's cuz i might get a good deal on them and save some cash. You think the H&R's are gonna sag after some time? Cuz i want reliable springs too, and i might just put up with the price if Eibach's would be better.

*M54Powered - Thanks for the help! Hopefully getting new springs would just help with my problem. I'll have it checked as well to be sure.

Thanks everyone for your replies. Appreciate it!

7. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    well some people complain about the sag in the other brands while eibach has a lifetime warranty against sag

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Hey guys, i finally have H&R sport springs on my car, the ride is a bit different but i'm sure its all for the better performance wise. Just one thing i noticed, the back really sits too low. Hence, whenever i would speed up and pass an unever road, the rear bounces and the wheels hit the fender lip. This was the same problem with the sagged stock springs before. What should i do? Would putting 1-inch lifters in the rear do any good? Any help would be highly appreciated, thanks guys!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    either get shocks with a a stiffer rebound/damper rate (research which ones work with H&R Sports), or get your fender lips rolled. optimally, do both.

it's kinda pointless to use lifters and lowering springs at the same time.

good luck!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
BMW lowering question.