New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    [SIZE=3]DEAR TSIKOT PEEPS AND EXPERTS,[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]HELP NAMAN PO AKO, MY CAR IS A HONDA CIVIC VTI ’96 OR ’98. SINCE I DON’T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT MAINTENANCE, I DIDN’T KNOW THAT MY CAR ALREADY NEEDED SOME MAJOR REPAIRS... I WOULD JUST LIKE TO ASK FOR THE PRICES OF THE FOLLOWING UNDERCHASSIS PARTS, SINCE MOST OF THE PROBLEMS IDENTIFIED BY AN AUTOMOTIVE SHOP,(IN WHICH BY THE WAY GAVE ME A FREE ESTIMATE) I’VE CONSULTED ARE MOSTLY LOCATED THERE. THOUGH IM CONVINCED TO WHAT THE DAMAGES THEY HAVE SHOWN THE ONLY THING THAT BOTHERS ME WAS THEIR PRICING. I HAVE GOT A GUT FFELING THAT THESE GUYS ARE TRYING TO TAKE THE OPPORTUNITY JUST BECAUSE I DON’T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT AUTOMOTIVE MAINTENANCE AND THE LIKE… ONE THING CAME TO MY MIND… HOW HONEST ARE THESE GUYS? WHEN IT COMES TO PRICING… ANYWAYS I WOULD JUST LIKE TO ASK YOU FELLOW TSIKOTEERS OF THESE UNDERCHASIS PARTS I WOULD ENUMERATE, [/SIZE]PLEASE ALSO WRITE YOUR ESTIMATED PRICE OF THE IDENTIFIED PART (S) ON THE 3RD COLUMN
    [SIZE=3]PLEASE. AYAW KO LNG KASING MAGOYO AT ‘MATAGA’.. THANKS HOPE YOU COULD HELP ME..[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]PART (S)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]PRICE OF SHOP(IN PESO)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]ESTIMATE OF FELLOW TSIKOTEERS[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]RACK END (PAIR)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]2,350 / 4,700 (PAIR)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]TIE ROD END, PAIR[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]1,950/ 3,900(PAIR)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]STEERING BOOT, PAIR[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]750/1,500 (PAIR)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]PRESS JOB[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]1,000[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]UPPER BALL JOINT, PAIR[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]1,950/ 3900 (PAIR)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]TRAILING ARM BUSHING, PAIR[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]1,350/ 2,700 (PAIR)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]STABILIZER LINK, PAIR[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]1, 250/ 2,500[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]WHEEL ALIGNMENT[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]1, 200/ 2,400[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]FRONT SHOCK ABSORBER , PAIR[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]2,600/5,200[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]REAR SHOCKS, PAIR[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]2,650/5,300[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]ENGINE SUPPORT [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]2,450[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]NOTE: ASK KO N RIN PO KUNG SAAN MAKAKABILI NG GANITONG MURANG PARTS YET WITH QUALITY, BALAK KO KASI AKO N LNG BIBILI TPOS KOKONTRATA NA LANG NG MEKANIKO..[/SIZE]

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sir... avoid using all CAPS po when posting... using it means you are shouting... anyway i hope our fellow tsikoteers can help you with your problem

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    ALL CAPS!!! sakit sa mata ng post mo pre. pero try mo ask my friend gilbert(banaweonline) he might be able to help you.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    pasensya na po... newbie... uhmm mga sirs pwede po bang pakitignan kung overpricing ung shop na pinuntahan ko.. d naman ako nagbanggit ng name eh =) tnx

5. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Ask ko lang mga sirs kung overpricing ba ung pirce (s) mentioned above thanks again....

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    saan ba place ninyo ?
    baka pwedde nyo doon muna pa estimate sa Cruven or Zee
    (dami tsikoteers doon nag papagawa na )
    ang mga dapat gawin sa underchassis ninyo
    http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showt...ghlight=cruven

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Generally mahal ang honda parts kung original at kung bibilhin mo sa repair shop. So yung price mo hindi naman overkill - parang sa casa ka nagpagawa.

Sa nakita ko na list, the best way to a decent comparison is ipa-quote mo muna sa CASA. Get their breakdown of parts (usually with price naman) and labor fee.

Kung hindi mo kaya talaga sa budget, unahin mo ang kaya at importante.

In my opinion, the tie rod end, upper ball joint ang importante kung talagang sira na.

Yung steering boot, protection lang ito...kung hindi pa sira at butas, pedeng hindi palitan.

Yung bushing ng trailing arm (mahal masyado ang estimate yata nito), usually makaldag ang sasakyan so kung tolerable, pedeng mo papalitan next time.

After palitan, alignment is important.

Yung dampers (shocks) kung hindi naman nag-roll-roll sa cornering, pede mo pang pag-tiyagaan yan....as long as wala pang tagas ng langis. Hindi ka naman siguro nagkakarga ng marami? Pero kung parating nag-bobottom out na ang dampers mo kahit kaunti humps o lubak...no choice ka but to replace them.

I was wondering bakit merun engine support....sobra ba ang vibration ng makina ng oto mo? as in nag-sheshake na ba? Kung hindi pa, ipa huli mo na rin yun.

Base sa description ng trabaho sa oto mo - dapat yung oto mo ay maingay, nagsheshake on idling, makalampag when running along edsa, nagbobottom-out (thud sound) sa humps na maliit o lubak na mababaw, pag napahard corner o liko ka pakiramdam mo ay tataob o out of control yung oto mo....o sa simple words para kang sumakay sa isang 10 year old taxi ng hindi properly maintained.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    cruvenize na yan. definitely mas bababa ang cost compared to those you've stated.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Bring it to Cruven. Had my dads expedition fixed there for front suspension problems. Quote from another shop was 30K sa Cruven less than 8k. May warranty pa. Had to bring it back for backjob after a week but they fixed it with no hassels. They said that the cars weight caused it to go out of alignment. They fixed it.

10. FrankDrebin Guest
    Re-post natin.

Dear tsikot peeps and experts,

Help naman po ako, my car is a honda civic vti ’96 or ’98. Since i don’t know anything about maintenance, i didn’t know that my car already needed some major repairs... I would just like to ask for the prices of the following underchassis parts, since most of the problems identified by an automotive shop,(in which by the way gave me a free estimate) i’ve consulted are mostly located there. Though im convinced to what the damages they have shown the only thing that bothers me was their pricing. I have got a gut ffeling that these guys are trying to take the opportunity just because i don’t know anything about automotive maintenance and the like… one thing came to my mind… how honest are these guys? When it comes to pricing… anyways i would just like to ask you fellow tsikoteers of these underchasis parts i would enumerate, please also write your estimated price of the identified part (s) on the 3rd column
    please. Ayaw ko lng kasing magoyo at ‘mataga’.. Thanks hope you could help me..

Part (s)
    price of shop(in peso)
    estimate of fellow tsikoteers
    rack end (pair)
    2,350 / 4,700 (pair)

Tie rod end, pair
    1,950/ 3,900(pair)

Steering boot, pair
    750/1,500 (pair)

Press job

Upper ball joint, pair
    1,950/ 3900 (pair)

Trailing arm bushing, pair
    1,350/ 2,700 (pair)

Stabilizer link, pair
    1, 250/ 2,500

Wheel alignment
    1, 200/ 2,400

Front shock absorber , pair
    2,600/5,200

Rear shocks, pair
    2,650/5,300

Engine support

Note: ask ko n rin po kung saan makakabili ng ganitong murang parts yet with quality, balak ko kasi ako n lng bibili tpos kokontrata na lang ng mekaniko..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
auto shops, how honest are they