New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    if your planning on upgradin g the whole exhaust system too,go ahead and do the air filter.if not....id say its just a waste of money.even a 10HP gain cant be felt(inwhich i doubt an air filter alone can give).its just a waste of money.if your after the sound difference..go ahead and change it.(tho i have no clue why anyone would spent their money to change an engine sound without any noticable HP gain is beyond me)id rather spend my money on making my ride feel faster than sounding faster.but...its you car so its your call.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    dirt build up inside the intake tube and manifold and my dyno-pwet-o-meter(hehehe). the worst was the weapon-r v2. the inside of my intake tube had 1-2 mm of dirt + i had severe idling problems.

here is a very nice comparo..

http://mkiv.com/techarticles/filters_test/2/
    Last edited by caloyski5; January 1st, 2007 at 11:59 AM. Reason: additional info
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

3. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    mga sir, what is an air passage box? sa may bumper daw ito at pag tinanggal magiimprove ung air flow? your insights will truly be appreciated

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by verm View Post
    mga sir, what is an air passage box? sa may bumper daw ito at pag tinanggal magiimprove ung air flow? your insights will truly be appreciated
    Most people have that custom made... some goes towards the air filter, track guys would rather make the air flow towards behind the brake discs for better cooling...

5. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    do they just remove the box? do you know the shops that can do this?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by verm View Post
    do they just remove the box? do you know the shops that can do this?
    All you have to do is to understand the point, the concept, and you can Do-It-Yourself, if you're not a DIY person then maybe ask help from someone... I know local shops, don't know 'bout your area...

they have different methods of doing it... some take out one of the headlamps, some make a hole on the bumper, some use the bumper grilles, etc... but ask yourself why would you do this? Do you go to the drag strip a lot? do you track? if the answer to both is No, then it's not something you are worth doing.
    Last edited by blink21me; January 10th, 2007 at 02:26 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Air Intakes a Scam?