New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Tama ba intindi ko? K&n drop in filter, power gain is minimal if any, FC is the same but lifetime use provided you clean it with the recharge kit. Filtering capability same?

2. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    ano kaya ung whoosh sound hehehe.. alam nyo ba kung pano pababain ung tunog ng engine? gusto ko lang kasi sana bumagay ung tunog sa muffler.. papalit kasi ako ng muffler eh ang baba ng tunog nung muff tapos ung engine ang taas hehehe

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    scam might be too strong a word. there's definitely a performance advantage to using an intake, especially if you go the CAI route and most often when matched with other proper "breathing" mods. the problem occurs when the riceboys talk about it like it's some kind of turbocharger or something.

re: the 'whoosh' sound...on most intakes the ingestion of air is accompanied by a hissing sound. some people like it or feel it makes their car sound mean...some people find it annoying...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Mamar Speedlab was selling me the the original K&N short ram for P25k and their local stainless version for P10,500. I don't think they know their business making those stainless steel pipes that would soak up the heat. Tutulin mawala pera mo hindi ung tsikot.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Guys i have a question mag papalagay na kasi ako ng cai sa optra ko K&N filter ang gaganitin eh ang pag lalagyan nung filter sa likod ng bumper ay medyo exposed ng onte sa open air! ok lang kaya yun? nde kaya bumilis ang buhay nung filter eh nakakahinayang ang mahal pa naman?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    i think its ok since thats the purpose of open type filters. you just have to clean it every 5000km. just be sure to remove the cai come rainy season.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i had a lot of cone type filters used in my familia. (a number of simota, KNN, and even weapon R) i found the KNN had the best filtration and performance. all of them made the growling sound at mid-high rpm and the noticeable hiss at idle to low rpm. after 5 years of buying and selling, i decided to stick to stock. not because of the lack of performance (better throttle response and breathing) and porma but because i decided to focus more on my audio system more.
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by caloyski5 View Post
    i had a lot of cone type filters used in my familia. (a number of simota, KNN, and even weapon R) i found the KNN had the best filtration and performance. all of them made the growling sound at mid-high rpm and the noticeable hiss at idle to low rpm. after 5 years of buying and selling, i decided to stick to stock. not because of the lack of performance (better throttle response and breathing) and porma but because i decided to focus more on my audio system more.
    how were you able to prove that to yourself???

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    K&N may be the best known brand but it's not really the best because it uses a oiled filter that can damage your MAF sensor in the long run. Most people also over oil the element after they clean it causing the damage. The best ones to use would be the HKS type that doesn't require the element to be oiled.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    With so much traffic goin on in the philippines i think it's a waste of money unless, you want the sound of open filter.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Air Intakes a Scam?