New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by abort_retry View Post
    on A/T equipped vehicles, ATF rin ang linalagay sa transfer case... so siguro kung M/T equipped vehicles, its manual transmission fluid... to check your transfer case, open the fill plug and dip your finger... if color red or something close to red, then its ATF.... if yellowish or brownish then it is manual transmission fluid... the transfer case kasi is the one that receives power from the transmission and it sends it your rear differential and front differential, whatever is chosen....
    my liteace is a 4wd automatic, ang ATF is good only for the transmission itself. yung t-case, iba, lubricant, independent of the transmission..

pero eto sa full-fledge/traditional 4wds.. ewan lang sa full-time 4wd, lalo na yung mga bago..baka integrated na sa tranny ang t-case na yun..(like most subarus,evos, vr4s, cSUVs)

meron na sa manual yun.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    in 4wd...

if matic replace the atf...

for the transfer case normally 75-80w90 oil

rear diff normally the same

but for honda crv's na gen 1, the rear differential requires atf also. if you put gear oil sira yan for sure.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy View Post
    my liteace is a 4wd automatic, ang ATF is good only for the transmission itself. yung t-case, iba, lubricant, independent of the transmission..

pero eto sa full-fledge/traditional 4wds.. ewan lang sa full-time 4wd, lalo na yung mga bago..baka integrated na sa tranny ang t-case na yun..(like most subarus,evos, vr4s, cSUVs)

meron na sa manual yun.
    on my suv, the transfer case is mated just at the rear of the transmission... both are filled individually.... but it is using ATF din similar to the transmission. and this is according to the owner's manual and haynes manual that i bought... so perhaps different brands have different specifications.....

siguro...traditional 4wd system gamit ng lite ko,e...ganun din ang former delica 4wd a/t ko din...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It's best to check the owner's manual. Some manual transmissions also call for ATF. Wow! hehehe.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    May 2004
    and my M/T isuzu trooper uses motor oil on their transmission and transfer case.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yun sa transfercase ng patrol atf ang ginagamit. same viscosity ng recomended ng manufacturer. smooth shifting on the fyl from 2hi to 4hi unlike before nun ordinary gear oil lang ang gamit. at the most every 2 yrs ang palit ko.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    every kelan po bo nagpapalit ng gear oil kasi meron po kaming strada 7 yrs.na hndi pa po namin napapapalitan ng gear oil kasi hindi naman po siya parating nagagamit and 4wd po siya pinapaandar ko lang po yung4wd pa minsan pero not in the road like atras abante lng po dapat na po bang palitan yun kasi baka masira po yung 4wd namin thanks sir

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Nasa manual ang schedule. Atleast chech the level once in a while. Kung sa casa ka nagpapaayos they check it but kung sa gas station, you have to tell them.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    for trannys that need atf like fluid we have royal purple synchromax... it's excellent gear oil.... noticable yung difference in smoothness on most of the cars we've used it on.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
4WD Maintenance