New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    san kayo nag papa replace ng oil? mahal ba nagastos nyo? im planning to have my pajero replaced those oils.. ty!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Gas station. Usually Shell. Just check if they have the correct fluid in stock.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by the_possessed View Post
    san kayo nag papa replace ng oil? mahal ba nagastos nyo? im planning to have my pajero replaced those oils.. ty!
    sa petron ako nagpagawa, total cost 1,100. front and rear diff, transfer case plus yung nipples pinagrease narin. sabi sa manual gl4 dapat sa diff. tapos gl5 sa transfer case, kaso gl4 lang meron sila yun narin pinalagay ko, i'm not sure kung meron bad effects to. hth

4. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    medyo mahal din pala.. but i think i need to replace mine.. 96k na ung mileage.. hehe

5. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    minsan minsan lang yung gear oil palitan. it's much cheaper to maintain the tranny than the engine.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Guys,

For M/T, is the front differential oil shared with the manual transmission oil?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    Guys,

For M/T, is the front differential oil shared with the manual transmission oil?
    The differentials are separate from the transmission and the transfercase (if applicable)

Sometimes, you're even required to use different grades for them (GL4 for the tranny and GL5 for the diffs and t-case)

Check your manual with regards to type and grade just to be sure.

In my case, all of them can use GL5 which simplifies logistics and fluid storage for me.

YMMV.

Hope this helps.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    in a front wheel drive vehicle the gear and diff oil are normally together.

in a 4wd car you have the gearbox and both front and rear diffs or in some cases the front transfer case.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hardcharger & speedyfix,

The reason why am asking if that is because there is no recommended oil for the front differential only in the manual of the Rav4:

Manual Transaxle oil
    Gear oil API GL-4 or GL-5
    SAE 75W-90
    3.4 litres

Transfer oil
    Hypoid gear oil API GL-5
    SAE 90
    0.9 litres

Rear differential oil
    Hypoid gear oil API GL-5
    SAE 90
    0.9 litres

P.S. Speedyfix, do you have lubricants with the specific oil viscosities (as stated) in your shop?

Thanks

10. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    yup,it's probably included na ithe front transmission.

my royal purple gear oil meets gl4 and 5 requirements but is multigrade 75w90.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
4WD Maintenance