New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    speedy... sayang... sa Royal Purple website may SAE90 gear oil kc... will just outsource it then sa inyo na lang ang labor.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    no problem... better to get multigrade though imo

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    speedy, yup... pwede yata multi-grade oil... been reading up in rav4world.com

wouldn't it be too thin compared to the single viscosity that the manual is recommending?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    I concur with speedyfix with this one.

I guess that it may have something to do with being a FWD?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    full-time AWD yung Rav4... nagtaka lang ako kasi iniba pa nil yung recommended oil viscosity for the transmission/frontdiff & transfercase/reardiff.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    depende din kasi sa load and metal components ng tranny, diffs and xcase kaya need iba ibang grade of oil for protection and lubrication.

7. Join Date
    May 2004
    m2; sa trooper ko ordinary oil(engine oil) ang nsa transmission at transfer case. front and rear differential is lsd. common na rin talaga magkaiba.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    mazdamazda, nope not really... multigrade just means it flows differently depending on the temp, pero here in manila you don't really get the full benefit of that since we are predominantly hot so your oil will flow mostly like the 2nd number

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    i think due na rin for maintenance ang differential oil ko. 76K reading na sa odometer but will check din sa manual.

sir speedy..
    how much would it cost for a rav4.1 for this maintenance sa shop nyo? labor and materials. including transmission oil. A/T po ung rav.

thanks!

10. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    you can call or text me. or call me in the shop for the estimate just specify the type of fluids you want... kung mineral or our RP full syn ones

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
4WD Maintenance