New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Hi I have a question lang regarding Proton that I can't find elsewhere. I've seen Proton cars in several places and I'm just wondering how people acquired them.

Can you buy a Proton car here in the Philippines? If not, what are the channels or ways of acquiring them for use here? Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    dati di ba may proton dito? ewan ko lang what happened

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Were they brand new or secondhand?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Were they brand new or secondhand?
    I'm just wondering whether brand new or second hand where they were sourced from. THanks!

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    My bad... what I meant was... are they brand new or relatively old.

There used to be an official importer, locally, I believe. They brought in a bunch of Proton Wiras... good for the price, I believe, considering they were built with mostly Lancer parts (later Protons used more Malaysian made parts, and quality suffered).

If the ones you saw were new... they were probably direct imports, or someone is looking at opening up shop here again.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    If I am not mistaken, Proton was here I think some time early 90's, before ex-Pres. Ramos took over the presidential seat. It is a Malaysian car and a former sister company of Mitsubishi (are you wondering now why Proton Wira looks like Mitsubishi Lancer? hehehe).

If you want to see Proton cars or SUVs, you can find it in Malaysia.. it is all over the place and comes in a variety of models. Been there last August. My tsikot pala by the way is a Proton Wira 1997 model.. waaaa. poor lang e. ala pang pampalit ng bago. hehehe. ipon... ipon... ipon muna.

Hahaha.... asa Wikipedia pala o!

7. Join Date
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by radicalric View Post
    My tsikot pala by the way is a Proton Wira 1997 model..
    Hahaha.... asa Wikipedia pala o!
    same here...but 2 years younger...
    mine is a Proton Wira '99 - 1.3 12valves
    do you know of any linkw where i can finds its full specs...

8. Join Date
    May 2007
    I always see those proton cars where I have my beetle serviced sa may Auto Prominence. Its before the Guadalupe bridge, right after the Caltex Station in Boni; southbound, there's a street there going to the CASA of Auto Prominence.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    The Proton dealership closed years ago. The local distributorship here went belly-up due to poor sales. Given the "vanity" of the majority of local car owners and would-be buyers, it was not surpsing the distributorship folded up. Why? Simple: the Wira car feels like a Lancer, looks from the inside like a Lancer and drives like a Lancer but was not a Lancer. I think you know what I'm trying to say. Also, the quality of the parts was not as good (as mentioned by niky).

Whatever Proton car you see out on the steet today, 60% chance I'll say those are old cars.

me likey the wira aeroback.. 1.6L.. may mga turbo p nga,e..wira=lancer itlog

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast