New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Not sure if this is the right place to post this , I guess the Moddys can move it to the right section if not .

How about an electric car forum guys ?

Our Australian company has been working hand in hand with the top Electric car manufacturers in China to produce an exciting range of electric cars for 1011. Philippines is an ideal market due to low cost of transportation and with Solar packs also now available a car can be 100% environmentally friendly . This is an untapped market first in will soon reap the benefits . Its only a matter of time before car parks , Government agencies and Jollibee, Mc Donalds, KFC (One of these will take the lead and be first) etc offer electric car filling stations, its kind of a chicken and egg situation just now , people don't want to invest in filling stations because not enough electric cars, people are scared of electric cars because no filling stations . Only those entrepreneurs that can get this started will win.
    Anyway if anyone is interested we believe the 2011 innovative 3 seater is a super start to 2011 electric car market , we can offer these with air conditioning just ideal as a city car, for executives and mums taking kids to school. 100% safer then a trike or bike for Collage kids and environmentally friendly. We have a dozen models from executive saloons, SUV's and crew cab pick ups that will do 125 klm/ph up to the latest city buses and we also offer full turn key assembly plants for both electric and LPG/ CNG vehicle assembly , just ideal for Philippine as it will create jobs and a good percentage of local part's such as tyres, seats, even glass can be used. If established in Subic or Clark etc can be re-exported to all ASIAN countries duty Free . Just email us sales*asiandragonintl.com

We are seeking exclusive dealerships and importers

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Good luck.

Back in 2008...
    http://www.bigbigcar.com/boards/defa...g=posts&t=1687

The filipino market is not ready for a three wheel car, electric or otherwise. They would rather buy a used car for the same money of a new 3-wheel car.

There might be some "greenies" who might go about this item but I don't see them buying/using electric cars themselves.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    IMHO, electric cars are not feasibly environment-friendly IF USED in The Philippines because majority of power plants here are fueled by coal and fossil fuel. with this, we are just going to burn coals to power an e-car instead of petrol or diesel which is equally destructive to the environment. in the end, nothing has changed.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by guigui View Post
    IMHO, electric cars are not feasibly environment-friendly IF USED in The Philippines because majority of power plants here are fueled by coal and fossil fuel. with this, we are just going to burn coals to power an e-car instead of petrol or diesel which is equally destructive to the environment. in the end, nothing has changed.

Exactly one of my arguments against the e-jeepney.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    i'm all for anything that will make the air cleaner...*but* if you're gonna do something this big, you have to have the supporting infrastructure.

In the first place, do we have enough electricity for e-vehicles? At this point reserve capacity for MM is already at a critical level, and they're expecting a shortfall by next year. i'd expect Meralco/Napocor to prioritize delivering power to households rather than to e-vehicles.

It also takes years to build new power plants...to my knowledge we're doing that just recently. We may just end up in another CNG fiasco.

Also, i worry about how resistant e-vehicles are to floods. you just might end up electrocuting your passengers...although for shuttle service e.g. around the Fort, Ortigas or Makati, it could make sense.

Ewan ko lang ha, my vote still goes for LPG at this point, then hopefully by some miracle we can slowly shift to biofuels. Best case is you use the one fuel/resource that you have a lot of, something you don't need to import -- e.g. Malaysia. Di ko alam sa private cars, but all their PUVs are on CNG ata...since they have a lot of it.
    Last edited by badkuk; December 3rd, 2010 at 09:56 AM.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    asking as a noob: don't e-vehicles usually have some sort of plug that you can plug in to an AC outlet to recharge?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    i'm all for anything that will make the air cleaner...*but* if you're gonna do something this big, you have to have the supporting infrastructure.

In the first place, do we have enough electricity for e-vehicles? At this point reserve capacity for MM is already at a critical level, and they're expecting a shortfall by next year. i'd expect Meralco/Napocor to prioritize delivering power to households rather than to e-vehicles.

It also takes years to build new power plants...to my knowledge we're doing that just recently. This may be another CNG fiasco in the making.
    On this point, we do have enough electrical generation capacity, assuming the electric cars will be recharged at night.

Also, i worry about how resistant e-vehicles are to floods. you just might end up electrocuting your passengers...although for shuttle service e.g. around the Fort, Ortigas or Makati, it could make sense.
    Well, given it's chinese origins, one would be a little concerned on the safety features included in this tin-can of a "car".

Ewan ko lang ha, my vote still goes for LPG at this point, then hopefully by some miracle we can slowly shift to biofuels. Best case is you use the one fuel/resource that you have a lot of, something you don't need to import -- e.g. Malaysia. Di ko alam sa private cars, but all their PUVs are on CNG ata...since they have a lot of it.
    Unfortunately the Philippines does not have much petroleum resource.

Producing bio-fuels from agriculture is the only alternative but the cost of bio-fuels will still be much higher than current petroleum based fuels. So unless oil prices will sky-rocket like a few years ago and stay there, there is not much incentive to go into bio-fuel production on a bigger scale.

Government incentives might push bio-fuels production but that is just like "taking-bread-from-Tom-to-feed-Harry" scenario.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    BTW, just to make sure we are all discussing on the same page, "Sully" is from http://www.trident.us.com/

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    asking as a noob: don't e-vehicles usually have some sort of plug that you can plug in to an AC outlet to recharge?

yes or they have a special plug and cord to reach a special recharging outlet.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Our Australian company has been working hand in hand with the top Electric car manufacturers in China to produce an exciting range of electric cars for 1011. Philippines is an ideal market due to low cost of transportation and with Solar packs also now available a car can be 100% environmentally friendly . This is an untapped market first in will soon reap the benefits . Its only a matter of time before car parks , Government agencies and Jollibee, Mc Donalds, KFC (One of these will take the lead and be first) etc offer electric car filling stations, its kind of a chicken and egg situation just now , people don't want to invest in filling stations because not enough electric cars, people are scared of electric cars because no filling stations . Only those entrepreneurs that can get this started will win.
    only entrepreneurs who are first to invest in electric filling stations will kick themselves in the butt when they CANNOT make ROI

Anyway if anyone is interested we believe the 2011 innovative 3 seater is a super start to 2011 electric car market , we can offer these with air conditioning just ideal as a city car, for executives and mums taking kids to school. 100% safer then a trike or bike for Collage kids and environmentally friendly. We have a dozen models from executive saloons, SUV's and crew cab pick ups that will do 125 klm/ph up to the latest city buses and we also offer full turn key assembly plants for both electric and LPG/ CNG vehicle assembly , just ideal for Philippine as it will create jobs and a good percentage of local part's such as tyres, seats, even glass can be used. If established in Subic or Clark etc can be re-exported to all ASIAN countries duty Free . Just email us sales*asiandragonintl.com

We are seeking exclusive dealerships and importers
    if you're so confident that your products will be sellable here, why dont you (your company) invest in your own dealership/distribution here?

why ask other people to put up capital?

why ask other people to take the risk?

put your own capital at risk

come to the Phils., open a showroom, offer test drives, open some electric refilling stations
    Last edited by uls; December 3rd, 2010 at 11:20 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Excellent opportunity for Electric cars and filling stations