New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 44 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Frontier owners, kamusta na ang mga rides nyo? Mine is still doing good. 5 years na at wala pang problema.
    Here's a pic of my ride, taken yesterday at Paseo de Sta.Rosa :

I know theres a lot of Frontier owner on this board like quiksie, wildthing & vinj. Hopefully we can share tips, tricks and wallet saving DIY solutions sa mga problems ng rides natin. Also it would be better if you can post pics of your rides din.

Umpisahan ko na :
    Anyone with an open type K&N filter on their Frontier? I've talked to quiksie regarding this(good input pare! Salamat ulit.). Im really interested in changing the stock filter to this one kaya lang medyo nagdadalawang isip ako kasi magiging maingay ang makina. I was quoted around 7-8k for the K&N filter including the Simota tubing. Is this a good investment o I just stick to drop-in type filter?

OT : I was browsing the Top Gear Magazine Oct. issue and I saw an article regarding the Frontier. Im assuming si vinj un Vinci Jayme? Nice article pare. Ganda ng Frontier mo. I ended up buying the magazine because of that article.

Anyway looking forward in your replies.
    Thanks for looking.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hi Lemon

we still have our frontier.
    4x4. manual. 03model.
    still doing good.
    had a problem with the aircon compressor a few months ago.
    brought it to UMC pasong tamo.
    they replaced it with a bnew one, no charge coz of the warranty.
    hehehe.

for me its a good investment. atleast better airflow in the engine.
    i dont mind having a bit noisier engine. have you seen an actual unit with this set up already?

thanks

jappy

dont know how to put the picture like you did.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    swerte mo naman jappy humabol pa sa waranty ang a/c mo....my 03 4x2 Elite didn't make it kasi ang odometer ko exceeded na kilometer reading although it was 1 month short to 2 years old.

Anyway it cost me around P13k for the brandnew compressor and another P2 to 3K to have the A/C system cleaned and installed.

I think pangit na xecel/calsonic compressor lately unlike the original calsonics. (AFAIK Xecel bought calsonic).

Kung nagkataon pa nga I planned to convert the compressor sana to SANDEN which was way cheaper (P6k brandnew).

As for the ride I have no qualms and problem...my odometer is beyond 85,000 km na and barely 2.4years old. It is a black elite 4x2 with an alpha rear shell.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Thanks for the reply Jappy & wildthing.
    Mukhang compressor nga ang nagiging problema sa Frontiers. Pero parang lagi ang case ay dun sa mga models na facelifted na, 2001 & up?
    wildthing, sayang hindi ka pa umabot sa warranty. Mahal ng bagong compressor.
    jappy, nice pic pare! 17's ba yang gamit mo? Bagay na bagay.
    To post pic, kailangan mong mang-upload muna sa host un picture. Try www.tinypic.com. Then pag-na upload na use the link from the IMG box. Then just post the link on your message. Pa-post ulit nung pic mo, para mas malaking pics makita natin.

Regarding the conetype filter, sa pics palang ako nakakakita ng nakakabit sa Frontier, pero sa 3.2 engine nakakabit. Here's the pic courtesy of doclloyd from teamrage.ph :

Any more insights on using it on a TD27 engine? Naka-schedule na kasi akong magpalit ng air filter. Kung bearable naman un added noise, might as well go with the conetype.

Thanks!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Lemon, ganda ng ride mo dude. Very clean and I like those rims... pa-nakaw. Hehehe. Mine is already due for a visit to Big Berts for a much needed detailing… dami nang asphalt marks and small scratches sa paint. I also need to have PDR work because of those parking lot door dings/dimples and some small “na-sabitan” dents.

I noticed your headlamps are already darkening though. Pretty common with the Frontier after some time but some cleaning can cure that. Using UV Block bulbs like Philips will also help keep the headlights from darkening (I have upgraded headlight wirings and use 90/100W Philips all-weather bulb: very good combo sa Frontier IMO).

On the compressor, if you experience any compressor problems, try to have the a/c system tubing checked as what I found out with a friend before (who went through 3-4 compressors in one year on his Exalta) was that the clogged a/c system tubing caused his compressor(s) to self-destruct.

If anyone likes to upgrade the intake system and you have a 2.7L m/t model, you can also use the off-the-shelf Simota intake system designed for the ’93-’95 Honda Civic ESi. This will fit in and all you need to make is some custom mounting brackets; it’ll cost only around Php1.5K for the intake. Just make sure the mounting points are still on the engine so the filter will still move with the vibration of the engine (unless you do some tube cutting and install some flexible rubber hosing). I tried this on my Frontier before but I didn’t keep it as I found the noise beyond my taste. The one pictured above on the QD32 engine is the one i'm referring to (this will also fit the TD27 as the manifold locations are similar).

Yup, I contribute for TG (last month and this month so far); I decided to use the Frontier as my debut used car article.

Here's a pic i took at Calaruega before:

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemon
    Thanks for the reply Jappy & wildthing.
    Mukhang compressor nga ang nagiging problema sa Frontiers. Pero parang lagi ang case ay dun sa mga models na facelifted na, 2001 & up?
    wildthing, sayang hindi ka pa umabot sa warranty. Mahal ng bagong compressor.
    jappy, nice pic pare! 17's ba yang gamit mo? Bagay na bagay.
    To post pic, kailangan mong mang-upload muna sa host un picture. Try www.tinypic.com. Then pag-na upload na use the link from the IMG box. Then just post the link on your message. Pa-post ulit nung pic mo, para mas malaking pics makita natin.

Regarding the conetype filter, sa pics palang ako nakakakita ng nakakabit sa Frontier, pero sa 3.2 engine nakakabit. Here's the pic courtesy of doclloyd from teamrage.ph :

Any more insights on using it on a TD27 engine? Naka-schedule na kasi akong magpalit ng air filter. Kung bearable naman un added noise, might as well go with the conetype.

Thanks!

Di maingay pag conetype filter?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Thanks vinj. NIce pic, very dramatic...hehe
    Rota at AMS pinagpilian ko sa mags, pero I ended up with AMS because Auto Options gave me a good price. Tapos binenta ko na lang sa labas un OEM mags ko.

Yup, dark na nga talaga un headlights ko. Im planning to go din sa BigBerts for headlight cleaning and interior/engine detailing. Sa exterior DIY ako para tipid. Sir san po kayo nakabili nun 90/100W Philips all-weather bulb? Nahihinaan ako sa ilaw lalo na pag-gabi. DIY ba un headlight wirings mo? Medyo wala ako alam sa ganyan baka makuryente ako....hehe. Also san ka nakabili ng OEM na foglights? OEM din ba un switch na nabili mo? Im planning to go to Kapalangan to look for the foglights, pero kung konti lang difference ng price, dito sa Manila stores na lang ako bili.

Mukhang mag-stick na lang ako ulit sa drop-in air filter. Baka hindi ko din matagalan un ingay.

Ano nga pala un bagong article mo this month? I haven't checked the new issue yet.

Keep the replies coming.
    Thanks!

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Jappy,
    Nagkaproblema ka rin sa compressor?

Got similar problem for that batch. 3 out of 4 frontier mdl 2003 were already replaced with new compressor by Univelle at no cost. sabi daw ng service advisor sa mga paggamit daw pero ....

Quote Originally Posted by jappy
    hi Lemon

we still have our frontier.
    4x4. manual. 03model.
    still doing good.
    had a problem with the aircon compressor a few months ago.
    brought it to UMC pasong tamo.
    they replaced it with a bnew one, no charge coz of the warranty.
    hehehe.

for me its a good investment. atleast better airflow in the engine.
    i dont mind having a bit noisier engine. have you seen an actual unit with this set up already?

thanks

jappy

dont know how to put the picture like you did.

9. Join Date
    May 2004
    Eto naman yung sa amin. 4x4 manual, 2002 model

10. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    ang mods ko lang sa are ray brig na spot lamp sa driver side na naka mount, backup spot lamp na nakalagay sa fashion bar, shackle mods and crank, carryboy roller up, roof rails.

Frontier model: 4x2 titanium edition

susunod na pics

Page 1 of 44 1234511 ... LastLast
The Nissan Frontier Thread