New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    so that means.. yung kabababata ko just bought one... he sprung out around 5M for that car! :O

he's complaining about those advan 18 inch rubbers priced around 22k per piece daw.. wow... and I was complaining that my 17 inch 215 westlake tires cost around 3k each...

magastos talaga ang hilig na to.. ahihihihi!

2. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    5m is used

7m new
    5m used and some mods..

3. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by olidotcom View Post
    so that means.. yung kabababata ko just bought one... he sprung out around 5M for that car! :O

he's complaining about those advan 18 inch rubbers priced around 22k per piece daw.. wow... and I was complaining that my 17 inch 215 westlake tires cost around 3k each...

IIRC, the GT-R has 20" wheels as stock.

22k per piece talaga. Those aren't just normal road tires, he's probably buying w to y rated tires road legal slick tires..

4. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    baka B plate pa yun nakita mo

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by earltheworm View Post
    Yes, I've seen just a couple. In my defense, I may just not be looking hard enough.

I've seen an obsidian black and a gunmetal gray colored version being driven around the pasig and taguig area - both looked really nice.

Looking at prices posted online, ang sabi is that it comes in the range of 5M to 7.5M PHP for used to brand new ones, respectively. Pero, regardless, it's my top pick when it comes to supercars. As for comparison of costs, if you're referring to the new Hyundai sport coupe (Genesis, if I'm not mistaken - used by Rhys Millen in drifting), parang 1 1/2 to 2 full models yata mabibili mo sa presyo ng GTR.

No offense though, why compare it to the new Hyundai? Was there a new concept recently released by Hyundai which will match up to the GTR's AWD and 500-600 HP engine?
    Give and take you can see one or two every two to three weeks. Even more when you drive along BHS and the expressways during the wee hours. Especially the infamous Petron SLEX where supercars usually hang out during Sundays.

Quote Originally Posted by SiRbossR View Post
    Ahihi Ahoho.

Seriously, the GT-R is very cheap for the performance it gives. Very capable in the track and in Everyday driving. But it's main rival, the 911 Turbo will always be a different performer. It may not be 'faster' than the GT-R on the track, but the driver involvement, how it feels to be driven, how fun it is to drive is really really something you will find only in a Porsche.

I agree, i see more GT-Rs than Evo's. Better yet, i see MORE STi's than Evo's. The Evo is just way too overpriced at 3~3.2M. While the STi just retails at ~around 2.3-2.4M. And the STi is much faster too.
    I actually like the EVO 8/9 better than the current X. Dami kasing kamukha nung EVO X, ang dali naman gayahin. Unlike the 8 and 9, it'd take you forever to copy one. And a lot of fiberglass too...

wow.. i didnt thought it will be priced 5M... no comparison naman between the hyundai coupe.. yun lang pumasok sa isip ko when I was posting previously.. i thought the GTR will be priced around 2M pesos already. but I was too far off... 5M pala! isang malaking house and lot na din ang presyo!
    Kung 2M pesos lang yan, magiging parang Vios yan. 6-7M is already cheap for a supercar. Kinda stupid that my friend purchased a brand new BMW Z4 just few days back rather than purchasing a 2012 GTR. Woulda been exciting to drive one around.

Tho di ako pwede mag-salita ng tapos against the Z4. Siguro pag na-drive ko na. for now, I'd let him enjoy his new toy first tapos ako naman.

Quote Originally Posted by SiRbossR View Post
    IIRC, the GT-R has 20" wheels as stock.

22k per piece talaga. Those aren't just normal road tires, he's probably buying w to y rated tires road legal slick tires..
    If you put Chinese tires on a GTR. That's like saying I'm ready to die anytime

Quote Originally Posted by timrev View Post
    baka B plate pa yun nakita mo
    I don't think there are already R35 Port Irene units. Maybe R32s-R34s yes, but R35... doubt it. Possible, but very few.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    IMHO, for a P7M car, I'd probably get the M3 coupe na lang.

Practicality is out of the window na rin naman.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Para practical, C63 AMG nalang. Seats 5 real people in comfort. I know of someone who uses it on a daily basis to go to school. Then there's also this other guy who uses an IS-F as a daily school shuttle.

Both are roughly under 7M.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Para practical, C63 AMG nalang. Seats 5 real people in comfort. I know of someone who uses it on a daily basis to go to school. Then there's also this other guy who uses an IS-F as a daily school shuttle.

Both are roughly under 7M.
    Yes, and it's a hell of a beast too. Ipa-reflash mo lang then you get a car which you can take on formal meetings and at the same time on a track day as well.

But then, if I had 7M on hand, I'd probably spend it on a BMW 1M then the rest on mods... or a Mirage perhaps. :D According to a BMWCCP member, it's freakishly to drive!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    This is how mighty Godzilla is...

Like a Boss...

btw, it did its own version here in the Philippines by ramming into a 6 pile taxi cab (Vios), total wrecking 2 units on the spot.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004

Buy a supercar that costs more than a decent house and complain about 22k tires, that means you didn't do your homework before buying.

There are those of us who spend less on the car upfront and more than that on our tires...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast