New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 54 of 100 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hmm... Isn't this more to do with CVT programming if the battery or power is lost? If that is the case then all you need to do is replace the battery while the car is running (as long the battery is not completely dead) and replace it before it dies.

If it does die before you manage to replace it, then we need to bring it back to casa for CVT reset most likely.

Same situation with Honda City i-Dsi CVT so I am expecting the same to happen here.

My two cents.
    Is it really safe to replace a battery while the car is running? Would it not affect the positive terminal as it has electricity to charge the battery? Maybe I will clear this up with Nissan NE on my next pms. Thanks for bringing up the battery issue as this will help a lot.

By the way sphynx, have you tried fuel from Unioil? How does it compare against shell and seaoil?

Hmm... Isn't this more to do with CVT programming if the battery or power is lost? If that is the case then all you need to do is replace the battery while the car is running (as long the battery is not completely dead) and replace it before it dies.

If it does die before you manage to replace it, then we need to bring it back to casa for CVT reset most likely.

Same situation with Honda City i-Dsi CVT so I am expecting the same to happen here.

My two cents.
    Is it really safe to replace a battery while the car is running? Would it not affect the positive terminal as it has electricity to charge the battery? Maybe I will clear this up with Nissan NE on my next pms. Thanks for bringing up the battery issue as this will help a lot.

By the way sphynx, have you tried fuel from Unioil? How does it compare against shell and seaoil?

2. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by krazeyrock View Post

Re the battery being removed, it shouldn't as the alternator should be already running and be the one supplying the car (radio and ac off of course as you are replacing the battery). I mean, I did it with our City CVT and it didn't have issues. But when it did die accidentially (due to the trunk being rammed in and we forgot to pull out the trunk light which drained the battery), the transmission was not behaving properly after replacing with a new battery so we had Honda reset it and its now fine. =)

Right now, I'm guesstimating that the battery in my Sylphy should last me for at least 3years, so maybe until mid to late 2017 as with our other vehicles. So I can't really know for sure. hehe! But if you can ask the SA it would be helpful, for me it would be a bit premature to ask. hehe!

Right now, I'm still on my last tank of shell.

But with regards to current readings of accuracy with computer readout of FC vs manual full tank top-up, Shell Nitro+ (95RON) currently looks better in terms of accuracy rather than Seaoil Xtreme 97. Range for my 1.6CVT in terms of accuracy for Shell is 92.5% to 96% for city drving (fuel stays in the tank between 2-3 weeks), vs Seaoil where the accuracy was 89% to 94% (fuel stays in the tank for 2-3 weeks as well).

My next top up will be with Unioil for 3 to 4 full tanks, after wards Ill go back to Seaoil to retry it again to check whether the discrepancy in accuracy was due to break-in period rather than the fuel mixture.

Will have to keep you guys posted after about 4 months. hehe!

3. Join Date
    May 2014
    Fuel Consumption Record for Sylphy 1.6CVT Using Shell Nitro + (95 RON)

1. Duration of Fuel in Tank - 33 days
    Distance Traveled - 272.2kms
    Average speed readout - 13kmph
    FC Computer Readout - 7.8km/l
    Manual FC Compute - 7.303km/l
    Accuracy - 93.63%

2. Duration of Fuel in Tank - 14 days
    Distance Traveled - 294.2kms
    Average speed readout - 15kmph
    FC Computer Readout - 8.3km/l
    Manual FC Compute - 8.007km/l
    Accuracy - 96.47%

3.Duration of Fuel in Tank - 15 days
    Distance Traveled - 304.3kms
    Average speed readout - 16kmph
    FC Computer Readout - 9.0km/l
    Manual FC Compute - 8.342km/l
    Accuracy - 92.69%

4. Duration of Fuel in Tank - 13 days
    Distance Traveled - 274.3kms
    FC Computer Readout - 8.1km/l
    Manual FC Compute - 7.548km/l
    Accuracy - 93.19%

Now starting run with Unioil Euro 4 95 RON.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007

Accuracy - 93.63%

Accuracy - 96.47%

Accuracy - 92.69%

Accuracy - 93.19%

That is nice! It is safe to say that the average is around 8 km/liter on manual computation.
    Waiting for the review for Unioil.

I am using Petron Super Unleaded right now for my 1.8. I am not sure if it is already the Euro 4 variant base on the press release a few days ago.

Accuracy - 93.63%

Accuracy - 96.47%

Accuracy - 92.69%

Accuracy - 93.19%

That is nice! It is safe to say that the average is around 8 km/liter on manual computation.

I am using Petron Super Unleaded right now for my 1.8. I am not sure if it is already the Euro 4 variant base on the press release a few days ago.

5. Join Date
    May 2014

Yup. At least it still gets around 8km/l for what is essentially heavy traffic, though not yet extreme traffic (less than 13kmph average speed which I wager you usually get if you really just really on EDSA or C5 as your route during rush hour to and fro office)

Re Unioil, yes. For SCIENCE! haha! Then I am still waiting for the Stations of Petron to put up actual signages that say there fuel is Euro 4 across the board for petrol. Right now, all stations I've passed only show Blaze as Euro 4 still. So maybe the article published is that they have started production and the current Euro 2 in their Metro Manila stations are just being used up to replace with new Euro 4 stock.

So Unioil, then maybe back to Seaoil to recheck/validate, then lastly maybe Petron. I am still not sure whether I want to try Caltex as I hated my experience with their Diesel on CRDi engines even when they had the Diesel Techron. Well, my testing with the remaining 3 stations should take til the 4th quarter anyway so maybe I'll change my mind by then. hehe!

Yup. At least it still gets around 8km/l for what is essentially heavy traffic, though not yet extreme traffic (less than 13kmph average speed which I wager you usually get if you really just really on EDSA or C5 as your route during rush hour to and fro office)

Re Unioil, yes. For SCIENCE! haha! Then I am still waiting for the Stations of Petron to put up actual signages that say there fuel is Euro 4 across the board for petrol. Right now, all stations I've passed only show Blaze as Euro 4 still. So maybe the article published is that they have started production and the current Euro 2 in their Metro Manila stations are just being used up to replace with new Euro 4 stock.

So Unioil, then maybe back to Seaoil to recheck/validate, then lastly maybe Petron. I am still not sure whether I want to try Caltex as I hated my experience with their Diesel on CRDi engines even when they had the Diesel Techron. Well, my testing with the remaining 3 stations should take til the 4th quarter anyway so maybe I'll change my mind by then. hehe!

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    My stock horns went kaput (high tone). I don't really horn that much. Had it warrantied and the part arrived a week later. Now I get noticed again. When it was monotone, people don't really pay attention or take you seriously. LOL.

I have changed my mind, I will wait til the warranty is over before I replace my stock horns. Too many people are using Bosch EC series anyway.

I wonder though, could the stock 12V 15A relay insufficient that is why one of the horns died? can I upgrade it to a higher capacity bosch? Is it just plug and play?
    Last edited by Horsepower; June 11th, 2015 at 05:58 AM.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyFlakes88 View Post
    Attachment 26858

Pure hiway drive along slex just this morning at 70kph to 80 kph. [emoji4]
    wooooooow! nakaka inggit naman yan! saken 13km/l on a 1.8 pero hindi Nissan.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by veyron_27 View Post
    wooooooow! nakaka inggit naman yan! saken 13km/l on a 1.8 pero hindi Nissan.
    Thank you sir veyron_27 drove from carmona to calamba exit. It's a 1.6 m/t nissan sylphy sir. Just be light footed no abrupt acceleration i think you can do better on your car sir. [emoji106]

9. Join Date
    May 2014
    Thank you sir veyron_27 drove from carmona to calamba exit. It's a 1.6 m/t nissan sylphy sir. Just be light footed no abrupt acceleration i think you can do better on your car sir. [emoji106]
    Laking bagay ng HUD ng fuel consumption ano? Lalo na pag conciously mong ginagawa. Isip ko nga sanayin ng ganyan driving ko eh. Hanggang sa maging natural nalang yun tipid driving skillz.
    Nice numbers bro skyflakes (puch*, naghahanap tuloy ako skyflakes dito sa bahay) :D:D

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Attachment 26858

Pure hiway drive along slex just this morning at 70kph to 80 kph. [emoji4]
    What about your full tank method FC computation?

Carmona to Calamba is less than 20 km away, at that short of a distance, MID readings aren't really accurate. If your 23 km/L is real then you used up less than 1L of fuel which is too little of a delta to get an accurate consumption figure.

Sphynx's methodology of several fillups over several hundred km gives more accurate and reliable numbers.

Not saying the Sylphy can't break 20 km/L, but MID readings over short distances aren't conclusive proof.
    Last edited by jut703; June 14th, 2015 at 10:22 AM.

2013 Nissan Sentra aka Sylphy