New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 100 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    If it's gonna be over 1M, don't even bother bringing it in.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I think 1,035,000 is pretty reasonable for their top 1.8L variant if it had all the features that the 2-liter TOTL compacts have (leather, push-button, automatic everything, HID, etc).

Bumenta naman yung Civic EXi at 1.074M eh. Japan din naman 'to, "matibay" daw kumpara sa Korean haha.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    I think 1,035,000 is pretty reasonable for their top 1.8L variant if it had all the features that the 2-liter TOTL compacts have (leather, push-button, automatic everything, HID, etc).

Bumenta naman yung Civic EXi at 1.074M eh. Japan din naman 'to, "matibay" daw kumpara sa Korean haha.
    Yup. And since most top line 1.8L car exceeds 1M mark, as long as it has decent specs, I think it will still sell.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post

But they need affordable variants, something that would be around 800k. Something to battle the Altis 1.6E. If they don't do that, they might fail ... badly.

Honda had something to hold on to -- their so called prestige -- that's why their Civics sold a good number of units, as well as their CRV.

Nissan terribly needs a comeback. And if they keep on bringing in cars that aren't good enough for its price, they'll be ignored continuously.

The only thing that's selling among the Nissan lineup are their pick-ups and surprisingly, the Urvan. The Grand Livina's good, but the price it had for its offerings is the deal breaker.

They can't rub on people's faces that it's a CBU from somewhere. Most likely, people would care less about it and rather focus on the price and specs.

I'd like to see a diesel version...

Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    But they need affordable variants, something that would be around 800k. Something to battle the Altis 1.6E. If they don't do that, they might fail ... badly.
    Considering the Silphy seems to be slotted in the same size class as the Korean-made Renault-Samsung SM3, fitted with a 1.6L engine, it wouldn't be so difficult for Nissan to have an Altis-killer version and considering that the only automatic transmission available for the SM3 and its Renault Fluence badge-engineered version is the X-Tronic CVT, it would be a good sales argument against the Altis.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Good thing is that it has 2 engines available. At least for Thailand.

1.6L and 1.8L

Digging deeper, the new Sylphy hits the Thai market with two engines, an improved HR16DE and a new MRA8DE.

The 1.6 litre engine has been fortified with Twin C-VTC (Twin Continuously-Variable Timing Control, intake and exhaust) and a class first dual injector fuel system (better fuel spray, two nozzles per cylinder). This DOHC 16v unit makes 116 PS and 154 Nm of torque at 4,000 rpm. It can be had with either a five-speed manual or Nissan’s latest Xtronic CVT. Paired to the latter, the combo is 15% more frugal than before.

The range-topping Sylphy is powered by a new 1.8 litre engine paired to the CVT. This mill features a longer stroke (90.1, from the MR18DE’s 81.1), Twin C-VTC and a “diamond-like” carbon coating for smoother operation and fuel efficiency. It makes 131 PS and 174 Nm of torque from a low 3,600 rpm. Compared to its 126 PS predecessor, the MRA8DE produces max torque 1,200 rpm earlier and is 12% more fuel efficient.
    Pricing is 746,000-931,000 baht which is not so good. Yet with the miracle Mitsu did with pricing of Mirage which is also sourced from Thailand. NMPI may be able to do something as miraculous as Mitsu with the upcoming Sentra, given that they've decided to bring that here.

more pics here
    Nissan Sylphy launched in Thailand – new model gets improved 1.6, new 1.8, CVT; from 746,000 baht - Image 127917

Based on the pics. Thoughtful features abound: rear AC vents, 510 Ltrs of trunk space, 2-tired glove box and rear center console/armrest, 37.1" of rear leg room (biggest in its class, next best would be the Elantra at 33", no tight rear seat for Sentra anymore), keyless entry/power start/stop button, rear cargo net, LED front DRL and rear combination lights, fine vision gauges and a real analog fuel and temperature gauge (hooray!)

something missing on most cars nowadays.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    bumped*

inquiry lang po mga sir baka meron na tayo ditong current Sylphy owners who can give a review wala kasi masyadong review 'bout this locally - and im really considering it. thank you thankyou

8. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    we got one, 1.8 CVT. it's a nice car, spacious and feels premium. I love it being a passenger but using it as a driver, maybe NOT. the reason we got this is for us to have a car since what we have are Starex and Grand i10. Mabilis lumamig ung loob nya given that its summer. adequate din sa power since we use it from QC to Bulacan via NLEX using it average speed of 90kph.
    Wala pa sa 5k ung Odometer and based from the initial computation (manual) nasa 12kpl sya at highway driving (QC to Guiguinto, Bulacan). Maganda ung CVT, swabe! ang kapalit lang, ang bagal ng acceleration. Overall i'll give it 7/10

9. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by djlightscene View Post
    we got one, 1.8 CVT. it's a nice car, spacious and feels premium. I love it being a passenger but using it as a driver, maybe NOT. the reason we got this is for us to have a car since what we have are Starex and Grand i10. Mabilis lumamig ung loob nya given that its summer. adequate din sa power since we use it from QC to Bulacan via NLEX using it average speed of 90kph.
    Wala pa sa 5k ung Odometer and based from the initial computation (manual) nasa 12kpl sya at highway driving (QC to Guiguinto, Bulacan). Maganda ung CVT, swabe! ang kapalit lang, ang bagal ng acceleration. Overall i'll give it 7/10
    I'm also considering this car. Parang sulit siya for the price compared to the Toyota Corolla Altis. Anyway, curious lang ako why ayaw mo sya gamitin as a driver. Bitin ba ang power for mga overtaking?

10. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    *djlightscene
    thank you for the feedback sir

*karag

yun nga rin ang nagpaisip sa akin, you get the top of the line for less the price against its counterparts

Quote Originally Posted by karag-karag View Post
    I'm also considering this car. Parang sulit siya for the price compared to the Toyota Corolla Altis. Anyway, curious lang ako why ayaw mo sya gamitin as a driver. Bitin ba ang power for mga overtaking?

Page 4 of 100 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
2013 Nissan Sentra aka Sylphy