New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 14 of 100 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    ahh ganun po ba., sa US kasi may dedicated button para sa eco mode at sport mode. salamat

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

2. Join Date
    May 2014
    Re Sport buttom, its on the left side of the shift lever.

On another note, I saw that may ECO indicator sa dash. Pero no matter how I drove the car, never naman siya nag light up, kahit sa FC reading (during coasting or downhill) umabot na about 30km/l for that duration, di pa din umiilaw? Is this because wala tayong ecomode/button to enable eco ECU and transmission points?

Just took it around town. Drove a total of 68kms all city driving. Average speed throughout the trip was just 14kmh (based on car's onboard information on MID in the dash). According to computer, I had 8.3km/l for the trip today but from full tank I saw my fuel gauge drop 1/3 capacity to about 2/5. I know it's not an accurate representation of the exact fuel volume. Just was surprised it dropped that quickly for me. But it's still in break in period so I do hope I can get more accurate reading on topup.

The trip took about a total 3.5 hours to complete. The first hour was getting into Ongpin/168 area from QC at 9am. The second hour was leaving around 11am to get to Pasig City Hall area.

Started the whole thing with the computer registering 6km/l FC with 4km/hr average speed.

Overall still happy =) Love the way it drives. I still feel bumps on the road, but not as much compared to when I test drove the Altis and Mazda 3.

I did however managed to get a shuddering of the transmission as I ended up feathering the gas pedal on a slight upward incline =P. My mistake on that, so I corrected my driving style a bit there. But the engine braking does bite quite hard when you are trying to coat at a max of 20kph, you will decelerate very quickly as if you are really braking. So I can't coast at those speeds. Higher though and I can coast already without issues. =)

EDIT 1: Texted my SA. Sabi niya may ECO button daw sa may AC buttons. Ill look for them tomorrow. Haha! Hindi ko talaga napansin yun kanina ko pa hinahanap. For info.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    It's called graphite blue. Had to use a US postal code just to get into the Build your Nissan Option. =)
    sylphy-blue.jpg

Is this the one? I found this on the nissan philippines website but this color is not available locally. Their website is quite misleading, the speakers for 1.8 is not bose. The picture on their website with the bose logo is no where to be found on my 1.8 when I took it home this afternoon. My agent told me that it is only available in the altima.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    congrats on your new ride! pictures please! hehehe

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    dsc_0541.jpg

My sylphy 1.8 during preparation for tinting. ( Due to my excitement taking it home, I noticed that they did not remove the DENR sticker on my windshield when they applied the full windshield tint)

dsc_0542.jpg

At the gas station.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    0544.jpg

And here she is at home.

I find the sylphy quite a great deal and good value for your money if you compare it to the honda city vx, considering that it is already near it's price range. Just like sphynx said before, the 1.8 recommended gas is 91RON so I loaded it up with unioil euro 4 unleaded. I guess nissan recommends the 95RON for the 1.6 for performance purposes since they both share the same body but with an engine 200cc lower.

I will post some reviews during the weekend on a long drive this Saturday.

Happy driving guys! All I can say for the sylphy is "ANG SARAP I-DRIVE!!!"

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Just a quick question guys, I forgot to ask my agent. My remote button for the trunk compartment is not working. Does your remote on 1.6 has that trunk button too?

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    It was only last Sat when I realized how big Sylphy really is. At Rockwell, I parked beside a BMW 3-series (E90?) and I was surprised to find that it's lower, shorter and slimmer. Not sure about the F30 though.

I bought Mother's car shampoo and 3M hand polish (?) and some 3M mitts. Have you guys found a trunk (cargo) tray that'll closely fit our B17s?

Browsing Nissan US site, there's an Intelligent Key upgrade for Pathfinder with button for Remote Engine Start. I wonder if it'll also work with our B17 (sounds like a WW2 Bomber, no?). Still doing some research. If our dealers can program it for free, it'll be cool. Key is around $300 (before discounts) for a pair.

Have you guys (and girls) been able to activate the 10kmh autolock? I have had no luck, despite following the stated procedure (or maybe I wasn't doing it correctly). North EDSA said they can activate it via Consult (some kind of car computer) but I wasn't able to go back yet.

Currently at 610kms. SPORT mode is addicting! I know it's the CVT delaying the shift which makes the car a whole lot livelier and faster (like a tiger on a leash!) but man, it's like a turbo button. hehe. At a press of a button, the car goes wild. Of course, at the cost of fuel efficiency, I am sure but hey, it's break-in period so we have a valid excuse.

Being a cheapskate, I normally load it with 91 RON (the cheapest fuel available) but seeing the note of 17Sphinx on the manual, which I have only skimmed, i will try more expensive fuels. What are your impressions with different "special" fuels?

Whenever the fuel empty alerts (or when the Distance to empty is "----", I normally have the tank full and I only get up to 40 Liters. Does that mean we have a reserve of about 12 Liters (since apparently, according to the brochure, the car has a 52L tank?
    Autolock? Is it the door lock? Well, mine is not locking too. I forgot to lock the door after filling up fuel and after a few kilometers I noticed that it is still open so I just manually lock it using the central lock button. I thought it will be activated by using the brake pedals. I think I will read the manual during my free time on Sunday. I just quickly browsed it while my car was being prepared.

9. Join Date
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by krazeyrock View Post
    Just a quick question guys, I forgot to ask my agent. My remote button for the trunk compartment is not working. Does your remote on 1.6 has that trunk button too?
    Mine has, and its working.. Manual 1.6

10. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by krazeyrock View Post
    A quick press doesn't usually work for me,

So for now, I really hold the button down and wait 1 to 2 seconds then the trunk suddenly pops open =)

Just a simple press seems not to work. I guess it's also okay to avoid suddenly opening when you accidnetally just graze/press it when you are putting it in your pocket as you walk away from parking =)

About sa tinting, sa sobrang excited ko nalimutan ko pa full tint front windshield. Eh naputul na nila. Entirely my fault. papagawa ko na lang full tint sa 1k pms check. Alam na SA ko =)

Congrats on your new ride. =)

And yes, that blue =)

EDIT 1: As far as I know, wala tayong speed sensing locks na built in like Toyotas. Ang autolock lang natin is pag engaged yung alarm/lock sa keyless and you press unlock. Wait ka 30 seconds, dapat may autolock siya ulit magisa.

2013 Nissan Sentra aka Sylphy