New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    I'm very satisfied with mine fuel consumption is comparable with a Honda Wave 125cc.

Get a black one.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis Raines View Post
    I'm very satisfied with mine fuel consumption is comparable with a Honda Wave 125cc.

Get a black one.
    i really like the black-colored mio soul. the paint job and the stickers are superb. pare, what can you say about the new honda xrm rs 125 and the kawasaki zx 130? are these motorcycles comparable to to mo soul? thanks!

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    The XRM 125 and Zx130 are entirely different from the Mio since these bikes are not fully automatic.

The Mio is full-auto with a CVT (gearless) tranny. "Twist Throttle n' Go" is what some call it.

The XRM is also partially different from the Zx130 since the XRM is a cross-over bike meaning it is half street-half off-road bike hence the handlebar and suspension layout which is similar to a mini dirt bike. I don't find the XRM comfortable for daily riding since it has very narrow, very hard seats; not really friendly for our jewels between the legs

The Zx130 is purely street. The styling gets a bit getting used to since this bike is actually an attempt to replicate the fairings (body panels) of the ZX600r Sport Bike series of Kawasaki.

I ride my Mio daily despite my 6'2" height handicap. It's a joy even on sharp curves. Believe me you can lean the bike real low. Although I could wish for more storage under the seat similar to the cavernous U-Box of the XRM, Wave 100/125, the compartment space is very much acceptable.

The Mio's front disc brakes has great power for emergency stops but the rear drums don't do much alone. It can slow you down but not stop as quickly as the fronts.

Last edited by Memphis Raines; April 17th, 2009 at 01:55 AM.

Yung posted na specs nung super 8 kanina is for the 50cc model (check the displacement) and the 50cc is a 2 stroke model, not 4. (Kaya mababa ang torque)

The 4 stroke is a 125cc.

Going back to the Mio soul, I like the size coz it ain't too small but ain't too bulky either so madali rin isingit sa traffic. Rant ko lang talaga eh wala halos compartment compared to Super 8, ZX130 or even an XRM/Wave. Regarding acceleration and tops, it's pretty good for overtaking on city driving as the low end acceleration is superb. Top speed is in the 100kph range. Personal best (on a friend's unit) is 104kph.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    hi guys im a biker all my life ... yes worth it ang mio soul ... sa style at sa performance wala ako masabi .....

quezon prov - manila - baguio - mt. province walang palya at walang sakit sa ulo ...

with those heavy loads kayang kaya pa din umahon sa matitirik na kalsada ...

at masasabi ko pwedeng pwede itabi sa mga ganitong bike sa edurance :D

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by beereo View Post
    I'm very saddened to hear your dilemma. However, we all know that before going out of your garage, you must be able to know the rudiments of defensive driving. What do I mean by this? You should learn to anticipate the presence of uneducated drivers who ply along our busy streets within the metropolis. That's the reason why the LTO mandates that all drivers must have working horns, responsive brakes and visible side mirrors and rear view mirrors.

I’ve been driving a car for years and I have never experienced your aforestated account. What I find disturbing are public utility vehicle drivers who bully other road users every second of the day.

Moreover, we, motorcycle riders, pay our registration dues to the Land Transportation Office every year just like any other road user in the Philippines. These include the road user's tax and other taxes which are imposed upon the one who registers his vehicle.

In behalf of all motorcycle riders out there, allow me to state that we are, as a matter of right and privilege, entitled to use our roads responsibly, save, of course, for restricted roads.

I fervently hope that you'll not be offended by my post. It is just an expression of my viewpoint which is also a matter of right and privilege. Good Day and God bless you!
    OT: i have no problems with motorcycles and riders as long as they respect other motorist like the cagers.. moreover how can you do "defensive driving" if the traffic is STOP and yet those pesky riders will still find their way to make it in the front!! and worst while finding their way "eh masabitan ka sa fender or side mirror" tapos titingnan ka lang at lalayo na.. di ba nakakainis yun??

also if may i ask "meron bang brakes" yung mga motor?? if yes, then why is it so hard for other riders to step on the brakes and make a full stop.. there are case when i cross an intersection some riders will still try to go past you eventhough you are already in the midst of crossing the intersection..

nakakatawa pa nga minsan sa laki ng kalsada at liit ng mga motor, minsan may mga nagkakabanggan pa na motorcycle to motorcycle as in HEAD ON collision pa

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    I like the looks ng mio soul. ok yun nasa pic na mio soul, double disc brakes na sa unahan? totoo ba yan? im not sure pero sabi nila mas malaki daw ang compartment ng yamaha nuovo. twist and go din yun parang mio but mas mahaba at malaki compared sa mio. kung fuel economy yamaha x-1 daw ang pinaka matipid pero yun nga lang wala halos UBox ang x-1

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by badsekktor View Post
    I like the looks ng mio soul. ok yun nasa pic na mio soul, double disc brakes na sa unahan? totoo ba yan? im not sure pero sabi nila mas malaki daw ang compartment ng yamaha nuovo. twist and go din yun parang mio but mas mahaba at malaki compared sa mio. kung fuel economy yamaha x-1 daw ang pinaka matipid pero yun nga lang wala halos UBox ang x-1
    yun nga din ang una kong naisip sir, mukhang layout artist ang may gawa and not yamaha tama yung pic ni MR. yun ang labas dito sa pinas.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    ung unang pic eh photoshop na un 2 different motorcycle ......

*badsekktor : sir single disk lang po mio soul .... yes mas malaki ang compartment ng nouvo kasya isang fullface helmet ....

10. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    ung unang pic eh photoshop na un 2 different motorcycle ......

*badsekktor : sir single disk lang po mio soul .... yes mas malaki ang compartment ng nouvo kasya isang fullface helmet ....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Yamaha Mio Soul: Is it worth it?