New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    We're planning to buy another motorcycle in a few weeks time and we've included mio soul to our list. I am not familiar with its performance given that it's full automatic. I just don't know if it can beat other underbones during traffic. I also don't know if it can handle weaving through the busy streets of Metro Manila because my current shogun r can do it without exerting too much power. I really need your advice. This would be a one time deal. I might regret choosing this brand later on.

The following are my main considerations:
    1. power output;
    2. storage capacity; and
    3. fuel efficiency.

Thank you guys!

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    not into mc anymore but a lot here in the office chose the kymco super 8 over the mio soul when it comes to scooters.

Category: Scooter
    Rating: 78.7 out of 100. Show full rating and compare with other bikes
    Engine and transmission
    Displacement: 49.50 ccm (3.02 cubic inches)
    Engine type: Single cylinder
    Stroke: 4
    Torque: 3.50 Nm (0.4 kgf-m or 2.6 ft.lbs) * 7000 RPM
    Cooling system: Air
    Gearbox: Automatic
    Physical measures
    Dry weight: 106.0 kg (233.7 pounds)
    Overall height: 1,230 mm (48.4 inches)
    Overall length: 1,955 mm (77.0 inches)
    Overall width: 710 mm (28.0 inches)
    Chassis and dimensions
    Front tyre dimensions: 100/80-14
    Rear tyre dimensions: 120/80-14
    Front brakes: Single disc
    Rear brakes: Expanding brake (drum brake)

・SPECIFICATIONS
    Dimension&Weight
    Overall length x width x height 1,820mm x 675mm x 1,050mmSeat
    height 745mm
    Wheelbase 1,240mm
    Minimum ground clearance 125mm
    Dry(without oil and fuel) / Wet (with oil and full fuel tank) 92kg / 95kg
    Engine Performance
    Engine type Forced air cooled 4-stroke, SOHC Cylinder
    arrangement Single cylinder
    Displacement 113cm3
    Bore & stroke 50.0mm x 57.9mm
    Compression ratio 8.8 : 1
    Maximum horse power 5.98kW(8000r/min)
    Maximum torque 7.53 N.m(6500r/min)
    Starting system type Electric starter and kickstarter
    Lubrication system Wet sump
    Engine oil capacity 0.9 liters
    Fuel tank capacity 3.7 liters
    Fuel
    Carburetor type NCV24
    Electrical
    Ignition system type DC-C.D.I.
    Transmission
    Primary / Secondary reduction ratio 3.133 / 3.231
    Clutch type Dry, centrifugal automatic
    Gear ratio
    Transmission type V-belt automatic
    Gear ratios 2.399 - 0.829
    Chassis
    Frame type Steel tube underbone
    Caster angle / Trail 26.5°/ 100mm
    Tire size
    (Front / Rear) 70/90-14M/C 34P / 80/90-14M/C 40P
    Brake
    Brake type
    (Front / Rear) Single disc / Drum
    Suspension
    Suspension type
    (Front / Rear) Telescopic fork / Unit swing
    Bulbs(voltage/wattagex quantity)
    Headlight 12V, 32/32W, x 1

http://www.bikez.com/motorcycles/kymco_super_8_2007.php

http://www.yamaha-motor.com.ph/produ...tech-info.html

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005

4. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    I think Mio Soul is good. But I would choose the Kymco Super 8 or Agility as they are more scooter than underbone (e.g. wider tires) in terms of handling and price is almost the same..
    Last edited by ryan; April 7th, 2009 at 10:41 PM.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    type ko yung Kymco

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Mas gusto ko hitsura ng Mio. Mas malakas din yung engine. Mio has 7 N-m of Torque while Kymco only has 3.5 N-m.

Yun nga lang, with more and more deaths on the road sa news parang average of 8 daily (di pa dun kasama yung mga unreported), parang nakakatakot magmotor tuloy.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Would you like to consider Honda BEAT? It is a fully automatic scooter equipped with additional safety features.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Mas gusto ko hitsura ng Mio. Mas malakas din yung engine. Mio has 7 N-m of Torque while Kymco only has 3.5 N-m.

Yun nga lang, with more and more deaths on the road sa news parang average of 8 daily (di pa dun kasama yung mga unreported), parang nakakatakot magmotor tuloy.
    basically, it's not really dangerous riding a motorcycle. what makes it look difficult and dangerous is the presence of uneducated mc drivers whose experience is solely confined to riding a bicycle. if only they have driven a car first, i'm pretty sure that they will not encounter any problem as regards road usage.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by beereo View Post
    I just don't know if it can beat other underbones during traffic. I also don't know if it can handle weaving through the busy streets of Metro Manila because my current shogun r can do it without exerting too much power.
    OT: sir beereo, what do you mean by "weaving through the busy streets of MM?" eto pa yung kapag traffic e naghahanap ng butas na parang ahas? sana naman hindi. kasi medyo nakakainis minsan e. ilang beses na kasi ako nasabitan ng ganito. yung iba titingnan ka lang, ni walang "sorry" and worse, tatakbuhan ka pa nung iba.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by aceshark View Post
    OT: sir beereo, what do you mean by "weaving through the busy streets of MM?" eto pa yung kapag traffic e naghahanap ng butas na parang ahas? sana naman hindi. kasi medyo nakakainis minsan e. ilang beses na kasi ako nasabitan ng ganito. yung iba titingnan ka lang, ni walang "sorry" and worse, tatakbuhan ka pa nung iba.
    I'm very saddened to hear your dilemma. However, we all know that before going out of your garage, you must be able to know the rudiments of defensive driving. What do I mean by this? You should learn to anticipate the presence of uneducated drivers who ply along our busy streets within the metropolis. That's the reason why the LTO mandates that all drivers must have working horns, responsive brakes and visible side mirrors and rear view mirrors.

I’ve been driving a car for years and I have never experienced your aforestated account. What I find disturbing are public utility vehicle drivers who bully other road users every second of the day.

Moreover, we, motorcycle riders, pay our registration dues to the Land Transportation Office every year just like any other road user in the Philippines. These include the road user's tax and other taxes which are imposed upon the one who registers his vehicle.

In behalf of all motorcycle riders out there, allow me to state that we are, as a matter of right and privilege, entitled to use our roads responsibly, save, of course, for restricted roads.

I fervently hope that you'll not be offended by my post. It is just an expression of my viewpoint which is also a matter of right and privilege. Good Day and God bless you!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Yamaha Mio Soul: Is it worth it?