The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    nice!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh0027 View Post
    Sa akin get a 2nd hand big bike. Mga 250-400cc puwede na. Wala pa nga din ako nakikita na big bike na involve sa aksidente.
    You don't know the right people.

As has been said, the difference between big bikes and scooters is that there are relatively more "reckless" owners of scooters, simply because they're cheap, thus, younger and less educated riders can afford them.

I know quite a few people who've died on big bikes. Not only sports bikes, mind you, but cruisers, too.

-----

RE: Safety? Between a scooter and an underbone, I'd prefer an underbone. Bigger tires, more active balance, more body control. Of course, you can go faster and get in more trouble... but then, agility is always a double-edged sword.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankDrebin View Post
    You may want to checkout this bike.

I just heard that its prices start at Php65K.
    Magkano kaya yung 125cc variant nito?

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh0027 View Post
    Sa akin get a 2nd hand big bike. Mga 250-400cc puwede na. Wala pa nga din ako nakikita na big bike na involve sa aksidente.
    ako meron na 'kong nakita, kawasaki ZX-7 yata yun, ang kinis! nakakalat sa gitna ng kalsada sa Las Pinas pero tingin ko kasalanan nu'ng bugok an XRM rider, kinain kasi yata nu'ng XRM yung linya ng ZX-7, kasi nagkabaliktad sila ng linya eh pero nasa tamang linya pa rin yung ZX while yung XRM after counterflowing, dumire-diretso sa tabi ng kalye, bale lampas pa sa linya nu'ng ZX.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    ^what's an example of a starter bike?

i've ridden several scoots and underbone bikes already but i plan to enroll in a riding academy so that i can avoid any unnecessary ill advised or wrong riding practices when and if i decide to push through getting a bike. i read somewhere that there's a riding academy in sucat ( honda ata 'to) and in the fort and they testified thet these riding academies were pretty helpful to newbie riders
    an underbone is already a good starter bike, but for those who haven't started riding yet, riding at least a 50cc scoot will be good enough for them at least they'll be able to learn riding basics like how to assume bike thrust, when to assume balance afterwhich they can progress to underbones, pantra bikes or big bikes, hirap kasi kapag 200cc and up, kahit nga sa 125cc minsan nagugulat pa ang newbie rider pag nag surge forward yung motor at 1st gear eh, so yun lang :D

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrusblutrooper View Post
    are you kidding, i wont ride a bike particularly on a UB or Scoot (maybe on big bikes) but on a smallbike... no way... the thing is when your on a bike driving on major roads, assuming going to work, by the time your arrive on your work youll be stinky or smell like burnt fumes...
    as long as you're wearing a jacket, you won't stink :D,

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    As has been said, the difference between big bikes and scooters is that there are relatively more "reckless" owners of scooters, simply because they're cheap, thus, younger and less educated riders can afford them.
    And they are the ones who have always been better remembered while there are also a lot of professionals who also prefer to have bikes like those, anyway, it only proves that it's not in the bike but in the rider...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
underbone or scooter?