New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    if proper logic will be followed then we will have to paint all the cars with plate numbers on the sides like the taxis plus have the name of the registered owner painted too........ so that all vehicles are properly identified.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by beatles
    sana may fine yng mga wlang helmet para matuto mga yan...
    dami ganyan...

dba dapat pati scooter eh naka helmet ka na?

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    tanong lang po.. required ba, na naka helmet ka everytime while riding?
    o sa main roads lang like edsa, ayala, etc. kasi mainsan di nako nag hehelmet pag malapit lang pupuntahan. ex. kakain ak lang sa Mcdo na 3 blocks away from the house.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    hay iimplement yan sa una(kung maipapasa) pero hindi rin magtatagal..

5. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    afaik required tlga maghelmet ksi yng trabahador namin nagpabili ng helmet dahil may nanghuhuli lng and considering na napakalapit lng ng pinupuntahan nya

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    share ko lang insights ko regarding the proposed bill coz i just had my final exams in law school kanina. i think what i have learned in law school will be tested here in this proposed bill

well, according to numerous Supreme Court decisions, Police Power (power to regulate & restrain the liberty & property of the people for the general people) is primarily vested in the legislative department and Sen. Gordon is just exercising that power. His proposed measure, from what i can interpret, is for the benefit of the General Welfare of the public by requiring proper identification in the helmet to deter crimes...

A valid Police Power should have the following requisites:
    1. Lawful Subjects - the interest of the public generally as distinguished from a particular class
    2. The means employed - reasonably necessary for the accomplishment of the purpose and must not be oppressive

Laws passed by the legislature should be presumed to be valid unless there is a clear violation or is incompatible to the Constitution/Laws....

applying the requisites mentioned above, i think that the proposed measure is a violation of the Equal Protection clause of the Constitution (Section 1 Article 3 1987 Constitution). Equal Protection means that all persons/things similarly situated should be treated alike. Well, Sen. Gordon's bill is to require persons who uses MC to wear helmets with their name and the plate# of the MC to prevent and catch offenders who commit a certain crime. It is a violation coz it unjustly discriminate pople who primarily use MCs as opposed to person who uses vehicles other than MCs. The bill does not apply equally to all members of the same class. Making a distinction of MC vehicles versus vehicles other than MCs for the purpose of preventing crimes which requires an identification on the helmet seems to be unreasonable...

however, assuming that such bill does not violate the equal protection clause, my viewpoint is that the bill is a valid excercise of Police Power. Putting a license plate in a vehicle is considered as regulatory in nature conforming with the Police Power measure of the government just as requiring a person to have a Driver's License before he can drive in public streets. The government needs to account vehicles to promote the safety and public order and improve public service to the society for the general welfare of the people. But, the legislative should see to it that the law is sufficient enough to prevent the proliferation of crimes. If the law is not sufficient, i do not see how requiring an identification in the helmet to prevent crimes can be achieved, considering that offenders need not require to comply the ID on the helmet, much less, a helmet to commit a crime. Certain security measures should therefore be found in the law....

There are many ways how to attack the validity of a bill which i will not dare to discuss kasi medyo mahaba yng discussion na yun eh. Pero one of those ways is to attack the intrinsic validity and the procedural validity. Just to make it short, the intrinsic validity should be fair, reasonable & just; the procedural validity refers to the method or manner by which the law is enforced. Ganun naman talaga dapat lahat ang batas eh. It should be based upon the foundation of fairness, reasonableness, and just. Otherwise, it is arbitrary which would defeat the purpose of a democratic government

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinxx
    o sa main roads lang like edsa, ayala, etc. kasi mainsan di nako nag hehelmet pag malapit lang pupuntahan. ex. kakain ak lang sa Mcdo na 3 blocks away from the house.
    ...regardless of the law, maraming pwede mangyari kahet na 3 blocks away lang ang pupuntahan mo. mag-helmet ka na, buhay mo rin yan.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    a better bill would be enforcing an MC Lane sa mga side & secondary roads and banning scooters and small MC's sa mga major highways.
    our roads are too narrow to accommodate an MC lane, not to mention that the outermost lane is the most dangerous spot for a motorcyclist. Malaysians on the other hand can't fathom the reasoning why would it be necessary to ban motorcycles on the highways...

Quote Originally Posted by beatles View Post
    sana may fine yng mga wlang helmet para matuto mga yan...
    There is, too cheap though, so cheap you won't be scared to commit the offense due to the fine but instead, on the hassles associated with settling your violations.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinxx View Post
    FYI, motorcycle accidents usually take place closer to home, so beware...

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    so pag naipasa pala at maaprobahan e personalize na helmet. hehehe. ayos na din. para di mag amoy pomada buhok ko. kahihiram nila ng helmet. yung sa pasahero pwede naman lagyan ng PASAHERO plus plate number. ok na yun.
    Last edited by LexTer; June 21st, 2007 at 11:17 PM.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Meron na bang ibang country na nagpa-implement ng ganitong law o tayo pa lang ang mauuna? Di kaya tayo pagtawanan ng ibang bansa nyan?

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
MC riders Beware of new law!!!