New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    *niky, he has a problem with his idle air control valve. hence the poor mileage. it's a 1.6L. i've gotten as low as 4.5km/L on the 626 (pathological: 4 hours stuck in crawling traffic) although right now i'm getting 7-ish on a daily basis. but that's a manual.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Hehe... Am pulling close to ten in traffic now, but that's with a light foot.

But back to the issue, though electric bikes may not save you much versus gas bikes, that doesn't take into account the electricity you can steal by charging in the company garage... :exclaim:

As an aside... how much are the Luyuan bikes with regenerative braking?

Of course, the best is always a human-powered bicycle. Too bad closed-canopy HPVs (the bullet shaped bikes) never caught on... top speeds of over 100 km/h, cruising speeds of around 60 km/h, and they're weather protected and cool as hell... but then, they're too low to the ground to be safe in traffic, plus imagine what happens when you hit a pothole taller than the vehicle....
    Last edited by niky; August 28th, 2006 at 04:28 PM.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    *niky,
    what's your route? you're getting 10-ish in daily traffic with the same engine? hm. how'd you do that. i only manage 12km/L going to baguio.

i only drive about 25km per day, at an average speed of 15km/h (morning, from home to office is 10km but it takes 40 minutes to an hour). afternoon is 15km (it's asymmetric), takes about 30 minutes.

the luyuan 350-watter is 31,500 according to the article by James Deakin in the star. you can contact the featured seller himself via email, Luis Vargas luckylou*pldtdsl.net

I've seen that same luyuan for sale on e-bay for $500-ish. so the 31,500 local price inclusive of a 2-year warranty is already a good deal.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    OT?? i think the subject is about Electric Bikes.

thanx!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    OT nga hehe

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Hehe... lighter car, variable intake, distributorless engine. There's some life in this old dinosaur yet. Plus, it seems to have gained some efficiency since it was broken in. (at 47000 kms now)

*Cargirl: sorry for the OT, ma'am!

I read that there was a locally made and government approved motorized pedicab for sale here, also. But that's gasoline.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    while on the topic of motorcycles in general...

this article is pretty damn scary
    http://www.engr.colostate.edu/comm/n...n&cat=8&id=117

and i quote
    "In the developed world, nearly all vehicles are powered by cleaner four-stroke engines. However, in developing nations, two-strokes are favored for personal transportation due to their low cost, durability and high power-to-weight ratio," said Lorenz. "Unfortunately, the simple two-stroke engine has so much pollution that one small tricycle may produce the same amount of pollution as 30 to 50 modern automobiles. The 250,000 tricycles in Manila contribute pollution equivalent to 10 million Honda Accords."

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    switch to e-bikes!! hehehe

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Hi guys,I just joined this on line group and I am currently assigned here in China.On your inquiry related to the e bike as this is popularly known here in CHINA,they use it for their everyday means of transport.The good thing here is they have a bike lane so you are not in any danger of being "over run " by our four wheeled vehicles.Reliabilty wise,two years of battery life is Ok since this is almost the same with Our Maintenece Free batteries(Incidentally I am aso a car owner a 1993 HONDA CIVIC which incidentally I drove using the RORO system from Luzon down to your beautiful place in the SOUTH-Cebu)

If ou have some tchnical questions I am more than willing to reply to the best of my ability.

Incidentally,I have an e bike sent to the Phils. and really the problem is the LTO issue that some of you mentioned....

10. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Hello,

I know the Dealer of the Luyuan bikes.. Mr L. Vargas. He is a nice and friendly guy. I bought one of the bikes from him and I am currently using it almost every morning for my errands... plenty of times I am actually using it to go to work as my work is only 4 km away... about 15 to 30 minutes by car...

when I use my e bike... it only takes 15 minutes tops with all the traffic light stops... if only the weather is always good for scootering, I would use it everyday....unfortunately, my wife is paranoid with potential accidents...so what i do, is I use the bike anyway..hehehehe.... I am now saving 3-4 thousand a month as this is my original monthly expense when i use my mazda626 hatchback 2.0 li EFI engine... car runs surprisingly at 8-11 km/li when using Khaos on city and provincial rides...so 8km/l in the city... and usually almost 10km/l for provincial trips... but due to current gas prices, i bought a 1.3 toyota xl and am selling that mazda..... to keep my story short, there are still times that we need cars.... but having an alternative to save money and also empower us to help minimize global warming at our level ...... I LOVE MY E-BIKE!

this is a link if you want to view my scooter
    http://www.visforvoltage.com/forums/...23&t=3894&st=0

other links
    http://www.motorcyclephilippines.com...t=48719&page=3

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Electric Bikes