New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2004
    3 weeks ago, I went to harrison plaza to park my trusty bumblebee scooter. When I got to my spot, I noticed an old school dio (or so I thought...).

Upon closer scrutiny, it was actually a china brand electric scooter that had all the bells and whistles of the 2T dio! Asked the parking attendant who owned it and he said it was his partner for the day. I stupidly asked his if it was the real deal and wasnt a converted unit. His partner answered yes it was the real deal and even showed me the charging plug for it (parang sa rice cooker). Asked him finally how many days does it take before he charges it. He said that since he lives in pasay (cartimar area), approximately 8 days. Charging is done overnight (parang cell phone lang ).

Hope he brings it again so I can take a pic and share it here

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yung thunder na made im china 8hrs charging for 60km run siguro much less kung mabigat ang sakay duda pa din ibili ang erpat ko survey muna ako

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by NightRock View Post
    My dad is keeping pressure on me to buy one for him, since he is already 70 years old natatakot na ako payagan sya mag Ebikes meron naman syang normal na road bike pero ang rereklamo hirap na daw sya pumidal.

Nag send sakin ng picture ng Ebike ang name Thunder ang presyo 34K pesos ok ba tong brand na to. Meron na ba sa inyo naka pag try ng Thunder. Problem baka kasi sobrang init sa mata ng mga buwaya sa daan hanapan ng rehistro at lisensya

it might be safer to buy him the 4-wheeled version just like those used in US walmart....I believe this is also allowed to be brought inside malls with same consideration as wheelchairs....

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    ^Yes. I would be really nervous having a 70 yr old on a bike or scooter. Their bones are fragile na. How about a second hand golf cart if he will just use it going around the village.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    ^Yes. I would be really nervous having a 70 yr old on a bike or scooter. Their bones are fragile na. How about a second hand golf cart if he will just use it going around the village.
    I was also considering that even a small ATV sana para at least 3 wheels.. pero ang problema he will cross a national road from one village to another. Mahirap lang talaga paliwanagan ang matanda hehehehe kahit sabihin ko na its not safe fo his age ayaw pa din kaya pa daw nya hahahaha

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by NightRock View Post
    I was also considering that even a small ATV sana para at least 3 wheels.. pero ang problema he will cross a national road from one village to another. Mahirap lang talaga paliwanagan ang matanda hehehehe kahit sabihin ko na its not safe fo his age ayaw pa din kaya pa daw nya hahahaha
    yup we have to be more understanding to them. mahirap golf cart bawal sa national road yan same with atv, yes atv is illegal to traverse national road... segway? hehehehe, pwede siguro e wheel chair - 3 wheeled -

why wont you try the e bike that looks like a bike not one that looks like a scooter- 18 k ata sa cdr king

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    That was his original request and it was my fault pinatagal ko pa ngayon dami na lumabas na ebikes na scooter type ayaw na tuloy pumayag sa dating request hehehe

8. Join Date
    Feb 2014

here's my solar-charged electric mountain bike project

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post

here's my solar-charged electric mountain bike project
    wow!

kindly pm me naman kung magkano and saan nabili yung e-engine

10. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by victorevolution View Post
    wow!

kindly pm me naman kung magkano and saan nabili yung e-engine
    hand carried it from china. it took out a big chunk from my baggage allowance LOL

btw this is a mid-drive motor, so it goes through your bike's gears i.e. could climb efficiently, but more complex mechanically. if you just want to run errands around town the more common hub motors are locally available

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
Electric Bikes