New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by zechs View Post
    most probably its the insufficient time of curing
    Katulad nung isang kinausap ko na gumagawa din ng ceramic coating. I was told my car will be at their shop for 2 days minimum or 3 days maximum. They said if I cannot let them have the car for those number of days wag ko muna ipa-ceramic coating sa kanila. Curing time is the reason.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Maria Salve View Post
    Highly possible yan ang ginamit na ceramic coating ng Technical Details na hindi nila pinagtatapat sa customers nila. Dapat ang gamit nila yung professional version dahil installers sila and not DIYers.
    Reread page 20.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    OK - problem solved, same case with someone else here.

Namamask lang ng dirt/soap yung coating so akala ko wala na beading.

So all is good I guess. So having rained on after ~17 hours did not hurt the coating. It wasn't IR cured din.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by TheUninvited View Post

So all is good I guess. So having rained on after ~17 hours did not hurt the coating. It wasn't IR cured din.
    did it bead/sheet again like it's supposed to?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    this proves 2 things!

1. Technical Details is still excellent
    2. Downpayment Issues and Beading issues are not really issues lol.

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by TheUninvited View Post

So what action/explanation did TD offered to solve your issues/concerns?

I was a bit puzzled with your concerns about water beading as you earlier mentioned that it was not beading even after washing and rinsing your car. Does it mean that you were not able to properly wash and rinse your car kaya may naiwan pang dirt & soap residue which caused masking and eventually led to your assumption that it is no longer beading?

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Same sentiments with airborn65. Medyo vague on how dirt/soap masks the coating. Is it only the first wash? Or everytime may dirt/may soap na natira sa surface?

And What brand of soap did you use? Does it rinse well after?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    guess which detailer...

removing texture...

9. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by airborn65 View Post
    So what action/explanation did TD offered to solve your issues/concerns?

I was a bit puzzled with your concerns about water beading as you earlier mentioned that it was not beading even after washing and rinsing your car. Does it mean that you were not able to properly wash and rinse your car kaya may naiwan pang dirt & soap residue which caused masking and eventually led to your assumption that it is no longer beading?

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk
    Same sentiments with airborn65. Medyo vague on how dirt/soap masks the coating. Is it only the first wash? Or everytime may dirt/may soap na natira sa surface?

And What brand of soap did you use? Does it rinse well after?
    did it bead/sheet again like it's supposed to?
    I haven't reached out to him. I figured it out myself.

Did some testing:
    1. Washed the car 2 bucket, rinsed the car using hose only - sheeting on dirt/mud prone areas.
    2. Washed the car 2 bucket, rinsed the car using hose only and dried using waffle weave. - hosed the dirt/mud prone areas, beading was back. Probably may soap na natuyo or hindi totally na rinse by just hosing it down.

In conclusion dirt/soap of masks the coating or kahit wax/sealant.

Albeit beading is still there, it isn't so tight as day 1. Perhaps may contaminants na din and this is 6x a week driven for more than 50kms a day.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Recently had my car coated with TD. Naulanan na kaagad and tuloy tuloy pa hanggang ngayon haha. Lets see for a few days.

Ceramic coating