New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by TheUninvited View Post
    Well after coating with TD, it got rained on after 14hrs.

Hopefully it has cured already. Nilalagyan naman daw nila ng Reload pag maulan para sacrificial layer.

Been a month now since, and I'm seeing less water beading already. I guess that's normal lang.
    Whoa! A month pa lang after coating and the water sheets already with less water beading? Wow that is a bad sign.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Pag tinapatan mo ng hose, mas mabilis mawala yung water dati compared to now. And yes, I'm seeing more sheeting than beading compared nung freshly coated.

I think ATMT lang ang may Pro and Finest Reserve.
    I had this issue initially. Paghugas ko sa car, it didnt bead and sheet. I contacted TD, tapos sabi niya, it wont talaga if the car is dirty. That time, naulanan yung kotse and nalagyang ng napakaraming dumi from the tree where it was parked.

True enough after removing the dirt, it beaded and sheeted like it was supposed to do.

So my tip is, if dirty talaga, remove the layer of dirt first. Yung dirt covers the coating below and is the one trapping the water.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ironman06 View Post
    I had this issue initially. Paghugas ko sa car, it didnt bead and sheet. I contacted TD, tapos sabi niya, it wont talaga if the car is dirty. That time, naulanan yung kotse and nalagyang ng napakaraming dumi from the tree where it was parked.

True enough after removing the dirt, it beaded and sheeted like it was supposed to do.

So my tip is, if dirty talaga, remove the layer of dirt first. Yung dirt covers the coating below and is the one trapping the water.

beading requires the surface to be clean. kinda weird lng na mawala agad yun beading lol

4. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ironman06 View Post

Yeah, that was my assumption but it happens after hand washing and rinsing the car (not dried yet).

I'll probably try to dry it first then hose it down again and try to check the beading.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Yeah, that was my assumption but it happens after hand washing and rinsing the car (not dried yet).
    There you go. It was already clean but still no beading. Bottom line, the ceramic coating did not adhere properly to the clear coat after it was applied. I would blame that to the incident that the vehicle was exposed to rain even before the 24-hour curing time.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2003

I'll probably try to dry it first then hose it down again and try to check the beading.
    As in no beading kahit na hose lang? Mukhang kailangan ulitin.

Ung akin, one week di ko ginamit ung car after I coated it para fully cured na.

Can you post pictures nung sinasabi mo *theuninvted? As in all panels ganun?

7. Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by zechs View Post

1 week tlga po? any update naman po and kung sino gumawa? TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by zechs View Post

I notice it lang sa mga panels that gets dirtiest the most - most noticeable sa lower part ng driver and passenger doors. Whilst the hood/roof and othe areas are still beading pretty good even if dirty (1 week no wash).

I'll try to dry it then hose it down again. If it sheets, time to take it back to TD, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Maria Salve View Post
    There you go. It was already clean but still no beading. Bottom line, the ceramic coating did not adhere properly to the clear coat after it was applied. I would blame that to the incident that the vehicle was exposed to rain even before the 24-hour curing time.
    Try ko muna to dry by wiping and hose it down again. Tingin ko may car shampoo pa kase. That's probably masking the beading effect.

I'll definitely post an update here.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by JEMANGALINDAN View Post
    1 week tlga po? any update naman po and kung sino gumawa? TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DIY lang ako sir. I bought my own chemicals from US

*theuninvited,
    Cge check mo ulit. Pero sa akin kahit dirty ung lower panels (lower doors and bumpers), nagbe-bead pa din. And to early pa kung mag-decon wash ka ulit.

Cquk 3.0 yan?

Let me know if you want to try out my product hehe it boosts the coating properties bec of Si02 content.

10. Join Date
    May 2007
    Well after coating with TD, it got rained on after 14hrs.

Hopefully it has cured already. Nilalagyan naman daw nila ng Reload pag maulan para sacrificial layer.

Been a month now since, and I'm seeing less water beading already. I guess that's normal lang.
    Personally, I prefer extensive water sheeting than beading. Yes, beading looks cool to watch but the main purpose of coating is to quickly repel water as much as possible to avoid watermarks and facilitate touch less drying. If water sheets quickly then I am assured that the coating is serving its main purpose of repelling water.

Did TD conduct a "before" and "after" paint thickness measurement on random areas of your panels for your reference? If so, you can point out the areas where the coating failed due to significant variance in paint + coating thickness when you bring your car to TD for inspection. I assume TD applied the consumer grade CQuartz UK ver 3.0 to your car.

Ceramic coating