New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2007
    Recently tried Pomponazzi glass coating. Satisfied naman and hopefully magtagal yung coating.

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Actually very reasonable yung kay TD since kasama na yung glass and mags sa coating.

Sa ATMT, which uses the same CQ UK 3.0, almost +9k pag kasama.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Glass coat better than ceramic?
    From akemi car care services. Same rate with technical details located at ortigas.
    Our product is a crystal glasscoat researched and made in Japan. It prevents oxidation, protects your carpaint from all contaminants, preserves the colour of your paint, its deep shine mirror like shine and its scratch resistant.
    Ceramic and Glasscoat are both carpaint protection. Ceramic coating has to baked under an infrared light para kumapit ang coating sa paint kaya some cracks. With our glasscoat during its application it easily dries because the paint absorbs the coating kaya po mas durable ang coating namen. With ceramic it really only lasts for 6months thats why they have to recoat your car every 6months. With our coating it lasts for 5yrs and we only advise to bring the car in for its treatment maintenance para po malinis ang ibabaw ng glasscoat. With the shine and hydrophobic mas deep shine po ang coating namen and ours po is scratch resistant. After the coating no need for wax. Thanks

4. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by chris45 View Post
    Glass coat better than ceramic?
    From akemi car care services. Same rate with technical details located at ortigas.
    Nah, kung sino man nagsabi nyan is not educated.

Glass is a type of ceramic. Ceramic is also harder and stronger than glass. (Mohs scale)

Also IR heating is not needed for a ceramic coating. 100% BS

5. Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by TheUninvited View Post

Glass is a type of ceramic. Ceramic is also harder and stronger than glass. (Mohs scale)

Thanks! Mag TD na mga lang ako 🤣

6. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by TheUninvited View Post

Si ceramic pro ata gumagamit ng IR to cure the coating. Iniisip ko kasi to be truly ceramic, you need to 'bake' it? Or just to facilitate curing time siguro?

7. Join Date
    May 2007
    This is a good read to understand the difference between glass (quartz) and ceramic Quartz and Ceramic Coatings | Concept Chemicals.

Based on my queries ATMT is accredited by CarPro to apply the professional grade CQ UK Professional & CQ Finest, hence, they are required to meet CarPro's standard in order to protect its reputation. Whereas, TD uses the consumer grade CQ ver 3 which is available to consumers/DIYers. However, I am not sure if TD is accredited by CarPro for professional grade products. Based on product specs and from Youtube DIY, consumer grade products does not require IR curing compared to professional grade products. I guess paint protection is getting a significant boost by making it available not only to professional detailers but to consumers/DIYers as well. Which is good, in my opinion.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Echusen View Post
    Guys, san ba magandang magpa ceramic coat ng Honda Brio ung quality ang work and affordable. Dami ko nakikita sa fb offering best ceramic coating blah blah blah. Tingin nyo how much kaya??
    Good day guys, san sa QC magandang magpa ceramic coating?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by airborn65 View Post
    This is a good read to understand the difference between glass (quartz) and ceramic Quartz and Ceramic Coatings | Concept Chemicals.

Based on my queries ATMT is accredited by CarPro to apply the professional grade CQ UK Professional & CQ Finest, hence, they are required to meet CarPro's standard in order to protect its reputation. Whereas, TD uses the consumer grade CQ ver 3 which is available to consumers/DIYers. However, I am not sure if TD is accredited by CarPro for professional grade products. Based on product specs and from Youtube DIY, consumer grade products does not require IR curing compared to professional grade products. I guess paint protection is getting a significant boost by making it available not only to professional detailers but to consumers/DIYers as well. Which is good, in my opinion.

Personally talked to the owner of TD. According to him, CarPro has only one exclusive distributor in the Philippines, which is ATMT, also in Pasig. He tried to get CarPro pero naunahan daw siya.

He also doesnt "bake" the cars after coating. His method of curing is to not use the car for 24-48 hours, which is why he requires the car to be caoted be left in his shop for more than 24 hours, para sure na mag cure.

Again, this is not verbatim, but this is close to the accurate information I got from him.

I got my car coated with TD. I was asked not only by the owner of TD but also a lot people why sa TD and not sa ATMT, eh sila ang distributor ng CarPro. I tell them that customer service and after-sales service will always be a main selling point for me. Sabi nga din ni TD, he does not hard sell, and I told him na that was why I went to him instead sa iba, because i can guarantee na quality over quantity sila.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by ironman06 View Post
    Personally talked to the owner of TD. According to him, CarPro has only one exclusive distributor in the Philippines, which is ATMT, also in Pasig. He tried to get CarPro pero naunahan daw siya.

He also doesnt "bake" the cars after coating. His method of curing is to not use the car for 24-48 hours, which is why he requires the car to be caoted be left in his shop for more than 24 hours, para sure na mag cure.

Again, this is not verbatim, but this is close to the accurate information I got from him.

I got my car coated with TD. I was asked not only by the owner of TD but also a lot people why sa TD and not sa ATMT, eh sila ang distributor ng CarPro. I tell them that customer service and after-sales service will always be a main selling point for me. Sabi nga din ni TD, he does not hard sell, and I told him na that was why I went to him instead sa iba, because i can guarantee na quality over quantity sila.
    Pano mo nasabi sir na mas okay ang customer service and after-sales service ng TD sa ATMT?

Ceramic coating