New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Meron ba car cover na hindi nakakaswirl marks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by mykc View Post
    Meron ba car cover na hindi nakakaswirl marks?

Maybe you mean scratches. Swirl marks are circular shapes. Scratches are straight or curved lines. You do not spin the car cover on the car, do you?

Swirl marks are caused by improper washing/drying procedure and dirty wash/dry materials.

Anyway, you need to buy car cover with soft lining layer underneath. Only put cover when your car is clean. Otherwise, scratches again due to dust/dirt on the car being dragged by the car cover when you put it on and then when you remove it.

Sent from my ASUS_X00DDA using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Both your car and car cover need to be free of dirt and dust to avoid scratches. Better if you wax the car too before putting on the cover.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    *red_one *SpinCycle

Thanks for the replies!

How about the moist? May issue ba yun?

Any recommendation for a good soft from the inside car cover?

My car has a huge spoiler sa likod, pag regular sedan cover hindi kasya eh. What if pang AUV/SUV? Hindi kaya masyado naman big/covered baka bahayan na ng cat/mouse?

Thanks again

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pag bago car cover hindi magkaron ng swirl marks. pag nagkadumi na, or may dust ang car, pag hangin kakaskas yan sa kotse mo at magkakaswirl marks.

basta for us who have experienced it sinumpa na namin yang car cover. but other people tell you otherwise and it's your choice who to listen to. tell us after a few months what the results are. then we'll say "we told you so!"

6. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    kung wala kang covered garage use car cover pero kung meron naman no need to buy

7. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by mykc View Post
    *red_one *SpinCycle

Thanks for the replies!

How about the moist? May issue ba yun?

Any recommendation for a good soft from the inside car cover?

My car has a huge spoiler sa likod, pag regular sedan cover hindi kasya eh. What if pang AUV/SUV? Hindi kaya masyado naman big/covered baka bahayan na ng cat/mouse?

Thanks again

I bought mine from Lazada:

Deflector DCCB-S2-SB Car Cover for Sedan (Silver/Blue) | Lazada PH

I've searched the malls and online, but, this is the only one with a soft cotton lining.

As for the size, it's better you get a 1 size bigger to fit your spoiler. Otherwise, you will not be able to cover your rear area. Better if you could measure it lengthwise and compare.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    pag bago car cover hindi magkaron ng swirl marks. pag nagkadumi na, or may dust ang car, pag hangin kakaskas yan sa kotse mo at magkakaswirl marks.

basta for us who have experienced it sinumpa na namin yang car cover. but other people tell you otherwise and it's your choice who to listen to. tell us after a few months what the results are. then we'll say "we told you so!"
    With or without car cover, you'll still get swirl marks from washing your car and dusty winds from dusty construction sites where cement and gravel particles fly like desert sands LOL. You can't really avoid it. It's part of owning a car and you can only "minimize" swirls. Useless din if you get so stressed up about it and lose sleep.

There are folks who don't have a covered garage or the garage is only good for 1 car. Bird poops, tree saps, pollen, UV damage, cat scratch and fruit droppings from birds and can do more damage to your car than swirl marks. Think of acid eating up your paint. Swirls can be remedied, but that, you'll need to either repaint the panel or if the damage is not that deep, you can have it buffed. It's a very expensive option for some of us. Either get a car cover or a tent.

9. Join Date
    May 2017
    Dusty wind can also produce scratches/swirl marks on a car??

Quote Originally Posted by brushless View Post
    With or without car cover, you'll still get swirl marks from washing your car and dusty winds from dusty construction sites where cement and gravel particles fly like desert sands LOL. You can't really avoid it. It's part of owning a car and you can only "minimize" swirls. Useless din if you get so stressed up about it and lose sleep.

There are folks who don't have a covered garage or the garage is only good for 1 car. Bird poops, tree saps, pollen, UV damage, cat scratch and fruit droppings from birds and can do more damage to your car than swirl marks. Think of acid eating up your paint. Swirls can be remedied, but that, you'll need to either repaint the panel or if the damage is not that deep, you can have it buffed. It's a very expensive option for some of us. Either get a car cover or a tent.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Car cover is only useful if you will park your car for weeks or more than a month, but if you will use your car almost daily then its not advisable.
    Better buy a tent sa ACE almost twice the price of a good car cover, but it will keep your car safe from potential swirls and scratches.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast