New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by zurcmit View Post
    Hi guys,

Curious lang. Before installing my spoiler i can fit well my car cover. But after ng magkaspoiler, wala na. Hanggang hood until half ng body nalang ang kaya haha! Out of nowhere, meron ba na car cover na kaya takpan until spoiler whole body ng car? Honda fc, type r wing.

Thank you ��
    Back tot he topic

So I guess saktong sakto yung car cover mo dati then mataas yung spoiler na kinabit mo...

I don't think may "special" car cover available for "cars with spoiler."

(1) So either bumili ka ng mas malaking car cover (pang SUV) or (2) humanap ka ng shop na kaya i-alter car cover mo (for the spoiler)

Sorry for the OT

I also prefer a covered garage, sinira lang dati ng car cover paint ng car ko.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    how tall is your spoiler?

i currently have the one sold on ace hardware (can't remember if its AutoGard or AutoForm)
    anyways, it can cover a sedan with a ducktail or an oem spoiler (it has that much of an allowance)

regarding swirl marks, i'd prefer them over bird poop
    each to his own but imho, unless you just park your car in the garage 24/7, it is bound to get scratches

3. Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Hello to all,

Actually naka covered garage naman ako kaso yung gate is grills type so nakakapasok yung alikabok and sometimes my pusa. So ginagawa ko nag cacar cover pa din ako. Before sa city, my nakikita ko na cat paws sa wingshield pa. Kaya nag ccarcover talaga ko. Hehe! So ang sagot sa tanong ko is either paayos ko yung garage, papasadya ko yung car cover o bibili ng pang SUV hehehe!

Salamat all!!

Swirl marks, pagaralan ko nga yan.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Covered garage din ako pero andyan pa din alikabok Kaya I use car Covers. You just have to be very careful putting on and taking off the car cover. Ocd careful.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Re: Swirl Marks

Even without a car cover, your car will still have swirl marks due to car washing. You can't avoid it and you can't avoid washing your car. Once a microfiber towel wipes your car as you clean and dry it, you'll have swirl marks. Guaranteed with 10 years warranty. LOL! Much worse if you have it washed at your neighborhood carwash as their towels are dirty from washing hundreds of cars. 99.9999999% of all cars on the road have swirl marks. See for yourself when you are stuck in traffic or at the parking lot and count how many cars have swirl marks. The remaining percentage without swirls are those cars newly buffed and detailed. The only way to prevent or minimize swirls is touchless carwash method. Just YouTube it.

Car covers should have a soft cotton lining rather than a bare one. It will be much expensive, but it will minimize swirl marks and scratches. But, before you put on the car cover, make sure your car is clean, free from dust and dirt. When you don't clean your car, dirt will get trapped in between the car cover and the paint which will cause swirl marks as it moves about like sandpaper. Also, make sure your car cover doesn't even touch the ground as it will pick up dirt and scratch your car.

Reference: Experience and former OCD. LOL!

And, NO. Even if you have a covered garage, your car will still get dirty. Try to leave it for 1 week and run your fingers. It will be covered with black dust from blown dirt outside.

Unless your living room is big enough, you can park your car there without any problems. LOL!

6. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Well said.

Sent from my ASUS_X00DDA using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    The last part made me smile.
    Not using car cover in any of our current rides....

Hassle magtanggal at magkabit....

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    You could get one of these:

Then your OCness will only have to worry about the touchless carwash.

But I agree, from a practical standpoint trying to avoid swirlmarks is just about impossible if you use the car.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    cat problem? watusi lang katapat nyan. o kaya ethylene glycol.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    You could get one of these:

Then your OCness will only have to worry about the touchless carwash.

But I agree, from a practical standpoint trying to avoid swirlmarks is just about impossible if you use the car.
    A "mini garage" inside your garage... this should eliminate cat scratches. The next thing to do is the "touchless carwash".

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast