New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Hi guys,

Curious lang. Before installing my spoiler i can fit well my car cover. But after ng magkaspoiler, wala na. Hanggang hood until half ng body nalang ang kaya haha! Out of nowhere, meron ba na car cover na kaya takpan until spoiler whole body ng car? Honda fc, type r wing.

Thank you 😂

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    What?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    car cover is the surest best way to.....

get swirl marks!

ganda ng brand new car mo tapos lagay ka ng car cover after a few months puno na ng swirl marks yung paint. nakakagasgas ng paint yan lalo na kung mahangin at kumapit na ang alikabok dun sa car cover.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by zurcmit View Post
    Hi guys,

Curious lang. Before installing my spoiler i can fit well my car cover. But after ng magkaspoiler, wala na. Hanggang hood until half ng body nalang ang kaya haha! Out of nowhere, meron ba na car cover na kaya takpan until spoiler whole body ng car? Honda fc, type r wing.

Thank you ��
    ask the spoiler installer, if they have such cover for cars that they install spoilers to.
    but from what i know, wala yata.
    magpa-sadya na po siguro ang solution.
    Last edited by dr. d; January 9th, 2018 at 10:27 AM.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2018
    My neighbor religiously covers his very nice car with a car cover. I had a chance to look at it up close and it was covered with swirl marks. [emoji24]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    personally, i have never used a car cover.
    i have a covered garage.
    my car's paint still looks great, even after 10 years.
    every car owner should spend good money and have his covered garage.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    If I may ask, which is "easier" to remove between swirl marks and cat scratches?

For a covered garage, how do you prevent the cats from sleeping and playing on your car?

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    If I may ask, which is "easier" to remove between swirl marks and cat scratches?

For a covered garage, how do you prevent the cats from sleeping and playing on your car?
    swirls, from what i understand, are very shallow scratches involving the clear coat only. they may be remedied by buffing/polishing, for as long as the clear coat lasts.
    animal scratches, if they go thru the clear coat, might not be buff-able anymore.

"we all have our schemes on how to prevent animals from playing with our cars."
    in our instance, we had a carpenter build us movable wood-or-metal-framed standing screens.
    but we are utterly helpless against bats and birds, when they bomb our cars with their... body metabolites. perhaps, a car cover...!! bwahahaha!!
    Last edited by dr. d; January 9th, 2018 at 11:44 AM.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    In the end, the solution is still a car cover... but wrapping up the car is a hassle.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    ... we had a carpenter build us movable wood-or-metal-framed standing screens.
    but we are utterly helpless against bats and birds, when they bomb our cars with their... body metabolites. perhaps, a car cover...!! bwahahaha!!
    The last part made me smile.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast