New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 31 of 393 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181131 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 310 of 3921
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    487
    #301
    May MID na ba ang non-vgt? Showing real time, average fc, etc..?

  2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    358
    #302


    Sa mga glx bros, yung number 16(15a)slot walang fuse nung binuksan ko. Sadya bang wala by default? Ito yung gas tank icon not sure para saan ito. Baka sa fuel filter indicator ito. Nilagyan ko na rin just the same. Pls advise especially to those newly acquired units. Thanks!

  3. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    494
    #303
    Quote Originally Posted by b0y37 View Post
    May MID na ba ang non-vgt? Showing real time, average fc, etc..?
    wala sir. di man lang nilagyan ng mitsu..

  4. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    35
    #304
    Quote Originally Posted by james0024 View Post
    May naka pag EGR blanking po ba sa inyu? Ano po advantage and disadvantage nito? By the way im new owner po nang 2014 glx non-vgt..
    mga sir ito po ang sinasabi ng wikipedia.org tungkol sa egr sa diesel engine

    In diesel engines

    In modern diesel engines, the EGR gas is cooled with a heat exchanger to allow the introduction of a greater mass of recirculated gas. Unlike SI engines, diesels are not limited by the need for a contiguous flamefront; furthermore, since diesels always operate with excess air, they benefit from EGR rates as high as 50% (at idle, when there is otherwise a large excess of air) in controlling NOx emissions.[citation needed] Exhaust recirculated back into the cylinder can increase engine wear as carbon particulate wash past the rings and into the oil.[6].

    Since diesel engines are unthrottled, EGR does not lower throttling losses in the way that it does for SI engines. Exhaust gas—largely carbon dioxide and water vapor—has a higher specific heat than air, so it still serves to lower peak combustion temperatures. However, adding EGR to a diesel reduces the specific heat ratio of the combustion gases in the power stroke. This reduces the amount of power that can be extracted by the piston. EGR also tends to reduce the amount of fuel burned in the power stroke. This is evident by the increase in particulate emissions that corresponds to an increase in EGR.[7]

    [8] Particulate matter (mainly carbon) that is not burned in the power stroke is wasted energy. Stricter regulations on particulate matter(PM) call for further emission controls to be introduced to compensate for the PM emissions introduced by EGR. The most common is a diesel particulate filter in the exhaust system which cleans the exhaust but reduces fuel efficiency. Since EGR increases the amount of PM that must be dealt with and reduces the exhaust gas temperatures and available oxygen these filters need to function properly to burn off soot, automakers have inject fuel and air directly into the exhaust system to keep these filters from plugging up.

    By feeding the lower oxygen exhaust gas into the intake, diesel EGR systems lower combustion temperature, reducing emissions of NOx. This makes combustion less efficient, compromising economy and power. The normally "dry" intake system of a diesel engine is now subject to fouling from soot, unburned fuel and oil in the EGR bleed, which has little effect on airflow, however, when combined with oil vapor from a PCV system, can cause buildup of sticky tar in the intake manifold and valves. It can also cause problems with components such as swirl flaps, where fitted. Diesel EGR also increases soot production, though this was masked in the US by the simultaneous introduction of diesel particulate filters.[9] EGR systems can also add abrasive contaminants and increase engine oil acidity, which in turn can reduce engine longevity.[10]

    Though engine manufacturers have refused to release details of the effect of EGR on fuel economy, the EPA regulations of 2002 that led to the introduction of cooled EGR were associated with a 3% drop in engine efficiency, bucking a trend of a .5% a year increase.[11]

  5. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    494
    #305
    hi mga ka non-vgt. anyone here who does change their radiator grill cover into honey combed grill cover na the same nun OEM na walang sungot or labis. Baka pwede paki-share ng contact nila.

    Tumawag ako sa Casa to inquire kung magkano yun...and eto lang masasabi ko presyong Casa talaga...separate pa yun cost nun left sa right, akala ko nun una e pair n, di pala. and di pa kasama dun sa cost nya yun installation.

    Dito ba sa Pilipinas e walang nag che-check or nag mo-monitor ng cost just to check kung over price sya before e release sa market. Para sa protection ng mga consumer. (sensya na po, OT)

  6. Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    142
    #306
    sorry guys but i have to tell you this, first i hope ek2jayvee is just a stone away from me so i can have my homie scanned..siguro bago pa may makareply dito eh natanggal ko na ang blanking plate ko sa n16, i blanked it yesterday ang i noticed talaga na wala na halos usok at lumakas hatak. but this morning when i started the engine, there was this two not so loud tack(metal sound) in engine (i heard it even im inside the car,. still no smoke when im warming up the engine. but when i started to move(note:only 2 tack sound when engine first started,i switch off the engine and re-start>no more tack sound)(i usually start moving backwards from our garage, 10 meters maybe to gate,when im about to exit the gate(still moving backwards)biglang may lumabas na usok(white,smell is close to plastic, i can smell it coz my windows still open)makapal ang usok cos i can see it clearly sa rear window(with medium tint),umusok lang siya for a few seconds then usok is gone, then back to normal..i ask a tambay where the usok came from>its from the tambutso..when we reached our destination, i checked the engine bay then i noticed the constant tick tick tick sound(i can only hear it when hood is open>>wala po yun dati ganung tunog before the blanking..im signing out now,maybe when i get back to computer>ive already removed my blanking plate,may be its not the plate that caused it,but im not taking any chances(im paranoid)..

    after few hours>>

    im back..unfortunately or fortunately, i dont have to much time today to remove the plate, ill be driving around..i think this will give me the chance to check tomorrow morning, pag naulit yung brief incident na yun, i will definitely remove the plate..note that everything is normal after that incident, except sa better acceleration at halos walang usok na.. crossing fingers..

    post ko po yan sa mscp,,copy/paste ko lang ;)

  7. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    240
    #307
    Quote Originally Posted by wyeshua View Post
    i checked the engine bay then i noticed the constant tick tick tick sound(i can only hear it when hood is open>>
    i have this too but only when turning the engine off. Normal ito as explained by sir arsen here : http://tsikot.com/forums/mitsubishi-.../index494.html

  8. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    240
    #308
    Quote Originally Posted by newbiem View Post
    mga sir ito po ang sinasabi ng wikipedia.org tungkol sa egr sa diesel engine



    no wonder, dapat lang talagang i-block ang EGR.

  9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4,090
    #309
    Quote Originally Posted by wyeshua View Post
    sorry guys but i have to tell you this, first i hope ek2jayvee is just a stone away from me so i can have my homie scanned..siguro bago pa may makareply dito eh natanggal ko na ang blanking plate ko sa n16, i blanked it yesterday ang i noticed talaga na wala na halos usok at lumakas hatak. but this morning when i started the engine, there was this two not so loud tack(metal sound) in engine (i heard it even im inside the car,. still no smoke when im warming up the engine. but when i started to move(note:only 2 tack sound when engine first started,i switch off the engine and re-start>no more tack sound)(i usually start moving backwards from our garage, 10 meters maybe to gate,when im about to exit the gate(still moving backwards)biglang may lumabas na usok(white,smell is close to plastic, i can smell it coz my windows still open)makapal ang usok cos i can see it clearly sa rear window(with medium tint),umusok lang siya for a few seconds then usok is gone, then back to normal..i ask a tambay where the usok came from>its from the tambutso..when we reached our destination, i checked the engine bay then i noticed the constant tick tick tick sound(i can only hear it when hood is open>>wala po yun dati ganung tunog before the blanking..im signing out now,maybe when i get back to computer>ive already removed my blanking plate,may be its not the plate that caused it,but im not taking any chances(im paranoid)..

    after few hours>>

    im back..unfortunately or fortunately, i dont have to much time today to remove the plate, ill be driving around..i think this will give me the chance to check tomorrow morning, pag naulit yung brief incident na yun, i will definitely remove the plate..note that everything is normal after that incident, except sa better acceleration at halos walang usok na.. crossing fingers..

    post ko po yan sa mscp,,copy/paste ko lang ;)
    hehe, egr valve yan sir, tick tick tick after engine off

  10. Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    142
    #310
    its really a good morning guys..the incident did not re-occur,,the plate stays..
    new question here ;),,yung radiator fan ba hindi tumitigil sa pag work/spin while the engine is running, mapa-idle,moving,aircon off/on..?

Montero Sport GLX 2.5 Non-VGT Owners