New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 176 of 393 FirstFirst ... 76126166172173174175176177178179180186226276 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,760 of 3921
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    264
    #1751
    hi guys,
    just want to know who was able to update their GPS SD card for the 2014 montero with the latest from the inav website. got mine from sir louis who i am coordinating with. i just thought of posting as others may have been successful (or unsuccessful too) doing so.
    i tried doing it twice - one by just running the exe file and another using winrar with both indicating successful updates - but the result is inaccurate displays with many lines and wrong directions.

    1) how do i revert to my old setup? do i just copy them back to the SD card without deleting the new files installed by the exe/winrar?
    2) any special techniques that you applied to make a successful install?

  2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2,343
    #1752
    Quote Originally Posted by jrln View Post
    hi guys,
    just want to know who was able to update their GPS SD card for the 2014 montero with the latest from the inav website. got mine from sir louis who i am coordinating with. i just thought of posting as others may have been successful (or unsuccessful too) doing so.
    i tried doing it twice - one by just running the exe file and another using winrar with both indicating successful updates - but the result is inaccurate displays with many lines and wrong directions.

    1) how do i revert to my old setup? do i just copy them back to the SD card without deleting the new files installed by the exe/winrar?
    2) any special techniques that you applied to make a successful install?
    From Sir Louie's SDCard, the last update (June 2014) I performed was successful. I updated it manually. Meaning, what you get from iNav is rar file. On a separate folder in your pc/laptop, extract the contents using winrar. Copy-paste the extracted files/folders to your SDCard overwriting original. That's it.

  3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    264
    #1753
    Quote Originally Posted by leinahtan View Post
    From Sir Louie's SDCard, the last update (June 2014) I performed was successful. I updated it manually. Meaning, what you get from iNav is rar file. On a separate folder in your pc/laptop, extract the contents using winrar. Copy-paste the extracted files/folders to your SDCard overwriting original. That's it.
    Thanks for the reply sir. So, the additional step is to extract to a local folder in my PC before copy-pasting the extracted files/folders to the SD card.
    Do I use the extract icon of winrar or drag/drop to the local folder? Do I need to revert to original files first or it does not matter?
    Thanks thanks!

  4. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    893
    #1754
    Quote Originally Posted by jrln View Post
    Thanks for the reply sir. So, the additional step is to extract to a local folder in my PC before copy-pasting the extracted files/folders to the SD card.
    Do I use the extract icon of winrar or drag/drop to the local folder? Do I need to revert to original files first or it does not matter?
    Thanks thanks!
    I think that the copy that they uploaded to the site has become corrupted. I uploaded my working update copy here, anyone who has similar problems can try downloading from this link:

    https://www.*********.com/?6u540psi3794ju3

  5. Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    264
    #1755
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie Anson Ng View Post
    I think that the copy that they uploaded to the site has become corrupted. I uploaded my working update copy here, anyone who has similar problems can try downloading from this link:

    https://www.*********.com/?6u540psi3794ju3
    Thanks Sir Louie. Will try this also if the suggestion of Sir Leinahtan does'nt work.

  6. Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    191
    #1756
    Q: is it true that there is no more requesting of preferred coding day and instead its random?

  7. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,585
    #1757
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathRow View Post
    Q: is it true that there is no more requesting of preferred coding day and instead its random?
    For now, yes. Looks like the days of choosing plate number ending is gone. At least for the common people. But maybe if you have solid contacts inside LTO, you can still get away with it. Of if you have 15k - 30k to shell out for a special / personalized plate number, where you can choose the combo ABC 123 or ABC 12.

  8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    264
    #1758
    Quote Originally Posted by leonleon View Post
    For now, yes. Looks like the days of choosing plate number ending is gone. At least for the common people. But maybe if you have solid contacts inside LTO, you can still get away with it. Of if you have 15k - 30k to shell out for a special / personalized plate number, where you can choose the combo ABC 123 or ABC 12.
    but the new plate series has 4 numbers, right? does this mean that even after shelling out 15-30k for special plates, the plate ending (the 4th number) will still be ''random'' LTO-assigned?

  9. Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    191
    #1759
    Salamat guys, getting our GLX tomorrow from Alabang.

    Where do dealers get the units from?

  10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2,343
    #1760
    Quote Originally Posted by jrln View Post
    Thanks for the reply sir. So, the additional step is to extract to a local folder in my PC before copy-pasting the extracted files/folders to the SD card.
    Do I use the extract icon of winrar or drag/drop to the local folder? Do I need to revert to original files first or it does not matter?
    Thanks thanks!
    that's what I did. I am used to right clicking on the rar file-extract to-(select destination local drive/folder) method. Back-up your orig sdcard files. although you can make a copy of the orig files to a different sdcard but this different sdcard wont work on your unit because the maps are locked on the original sdcard unique id number. as sir louie mentioned that the uploaded inav updated file is corrupted (I didn't checked it yet, but the one I got latest june '14 is perfectly working), I can send a copy to you by means most comfy.

Montero Sport GLX 2.5 Non-VGT Owners