New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    I had the Mitsubishi Grandis for a week’s test drive allowing me to drive it and be driven in it in different weather conditions and in varied traffic and road scenarios.

Our friends from Mitsubishi Motors Philippines from Mel Dizon to Froy Dytianquin and Arlan Reyes made sure that I had enough time with the Grandis so I could really test drive it to the fullest to arm me better in making an assessment of the vehicle.

Its first notable feature is it roominess. Although a given for a van, the Grandis sits seven people comfortably, which is apt for the Pinoy’s penchant of bringing the whole Barangay in any trip, but it can actually still accommodate up to eight or nine especially when there are kids in the trip.

How comfortable is its ride? Its "all-coil" suspension system tells the whole story. Up front it has McPherson Strut while at the rear it has semi-Trailing Arm both with coil spring providing the ease and convenience while traveling.

Now what really surprised me was when I decided to take the wheel myself to find out its maneuverability. Aside from it being very nimble in weaving in and out of traffic and casually taking those curves even at a faster clip than what’s quite normally accepted, the Grandis can hold its own as far as power under its hood is concerned. The Grandis can zoom!

So, looking under the hood we discovered that the Grandis is equipped with what’s dubbed as MIVEC (Mitsubishi Innovative Valve timing and lift Electronic Control. This is a technology that can adjust the valve timing for optimal performance for all driving conditions. This enables it to produce higher torque at low rpm ranges (22.1 kg-m * 4,000 rpm) for quick clean starts and higher outputs in the high ranges for better passing ability (165 ps * 6,000 rpm).

After having the Grandis for enough time to experience it as home-to-office-and-back vehicle and also for within the Metro business chores, I also learned that its entertainment package can make you less harassed when you are running late for an appointment. At the push of a button you can have either visual or audio entertainment to take away the stress while at a standstill during a gridlock.

Check out the Mitsubishi Grandis. It sits silently unbecoming of a winner.
    By Ray Butch Gamboa,

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by BoEinG_747
    Its first notable feature is it roominess. Although a given for a van, the Grandis sits seven people comfortably, which is apt for the Pinoy’s penchant of bringing the whole Barangay in any trip, but it can actually still accommodate up to eight or nine especially when there are kids in the trip.
    baka naman sila Mahal and Mura yung mga pinaupo nila. e ang sikip sikip ng Grandis
    Signature

medyo masikip nga 3rd row seats ng grandis for an adult unless your under 5'1"

Teka kala ko si BoEinG_747 nag test drive... si Butch Gamboa pala hehehe

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ILuvDetailing
    "

Teka kala ko si BoEinG_747 nag test drive... si Butch Gamboa pala hehehe
    OT

Bro.. kya nga nilagay ko sa huli ang name ni butch..hehehe

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sa porma at engine...saludo ako sa grandi...

ang gwapo!!!!may nakita ako nakaporma..ay susko...ang gwapo.nakakabading.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Innova feels roomier than grandis (and probably is) hehe...

7. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    napakagwapo ng grandis na yan! nakakainis tuloy, tulo laway pag nakakakita sa daan.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    i just love the way lolo ray butch writes...like a brochure!

Grandis looks good, if only mitsu released it earlier than the Previa.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ILuvDetailing
    Grandis looks good, if only mitsu released it earlier than the Previa.
    I agree. A real headturner and its price blows the competition like the Previa out of the water. (and not the Innova, since it belongs to another segment).

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Mitsubishi Grandis