New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Thanks! I actually saw those threads right after I posted. My apologies.
    In any case, I would like to solicit input from actual owners who purchased the Grandis an used it in Philippine road conditions. The comments I read from the threads were mostly impressions on the Grandis' appearance and form and from one person who did a road test. You get to appreciate or discover quirks about a car only after you've used it for a few months and on different occasions. If there is an actual Grandis owner out there, I would like to get your opinon. Thanks again.

suggestion lang po, sedona ka na, why not wait sa new sedona? kung 1.5M din yun, crdi+power sliding doors pa! di nagkakalayo sa price ng grandis..

pero grandis a good choice din, gas nga lang, 2.4L MIVEC....and 4-speed invecs2 sports mode

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    the grandis has beaten the previa, odyssey, 5, and a couple of other minivans sa tsukuba. hehehe.

them best motoring drivers are crazy, racing minivans dun.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    yeah wait for the new Sedona... kahit 1.5million pa... I think its price relatively follows the "global price" for the car... parang overpriced yata Grandis sa atin e...

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Actually, we have a Carnival. I bought it in 2001 but this has cost me so much in maintenance and service. Since I purchased the Kia Carnival, I have had so many repairs made on it -- engine overhaul, replaced shocks, cylinder head overhaul 2x, had the front brake discs refaced, radiator, aircon, etc., etc. Just this past month, the Carnival broke down twice, a fuse for the solenoid that activates the fuel pump, a week later the alternator broke down.
    Expert na ako sa Kia repairs. Lahat yata na repair na! Alternator cost me PHP 17K! One benefit is that I now source my Kia parts from a direct importer and do no to go to a Kia casa anymore. Heard too the Columbia is bankrupt and is very stingy on warranty claims from the dealer. Kia is actually looking for a new and more responsible distributor, maybe HMC Philippines (Hyundai Motor Corp).

My Kia Carnival has run 60K Kms., that's about 12K kms/year. Even the Speedometer broke down! All the mechanics I spoke to told me that Kia parts break down easily and parts are quite expensive. I actually thought of trading in the van but just want to make sure it is in good working condition before I sell or trade it in. So far, so good. And all my parts are from Kia, that is why I have spent so much.

Sorry to rant but this van has given me so much pain. I actually thought of the new Sedona but shudder at the thought of the possible maintenance headaches that come with owning one. Since this is my first ever Korean vehicle, I think and hope this will be my last! To be fair though, I have not heard too many problems about the Starex which is also Korean. But for me, I will stay away from Korean cars for the time being. So going Japanese ulit muna ako. I have owned a couple of Mitsubishi Lancers, a Toyotal Corolla and now drive a Nissan Cefiro and this van. Toyota and Nissan are great, Mitsubishi, ok lang.

So if anybody needs access to a Kia/Starex direct importer let me know.
    At least, this one I can share so you need not purchase from the casa.
    Thanks.

sad to heard from that...anywayz, nung nagtest drive ako ng grandis, ok siya. responsive ang 2.4L MIVEC engine. DAMING cup holder... sayang, wala ung walk-tru layout ng jdm models, pero ok na din. i highly recommend get the black color...match na match sa lights and flat black trimmings nya!

pero hidi ko masyado maramdaman, kasi nung tinest-drive ko ng grandis, e kakatest-drive ko lang ng v6 accord and mazda 6....

if the fuel cost is fine by you(unleaded is higher than diesel) its a best alternative... LED brake lights nga pala yun...may option na dvd. alam ko leather..

pero dont expect comfort sa 3rd row...its in the mpv-wagon category..iba parin ang van..starex is a good choice.

but if you want something from mitsu, spacegear is ok... hi-ace, parang hirap ang 2.5L d4d sa kaha nun!

local serena ok din..manual kunin mo, matakaw but powerful ung gas (sr20de, right? mga 5-8km/l ang matic)

dont know if mazda 5 will come.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    I own one since Feb 2005. Ok naman, been satisfied with the power, smooth shifting auto(I use the manual mode during steep hill climbs sa Tagaytay Highlands), space(have 3 kids)and utility from the flat folding 3rd row seats. The ride is exemplary, excellent and smooth. Like the MIVEC engine so much bec of the power delivery and very acceptable gas mileage--ave 6.5 km/l in city driving, 10-11km/l highway(Petron XCS).

Diamond Valle Verde has been helpful in replacing faulty(though minor)parts like the sunglass holder that doesn't automatically open and the door ajar warning light that doesn't light up(on one door only). Climate control aircon is great, really cools down the interior even at 25 C setting.

Been hearing suspicious suspension knocking sounds at the front wheel, but I still am too busy to bring it back. The technical people of the Mitsu plant already know of this problem. Other than this niggle, I recommend it. As a plus, its been reviewed extensively in Europe(both gas and diesel version)and been praised for its ride, handling and utility.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    I feel the Grandis is a very underated minivan because it carries the Mitsubishi name. I've read a lot of good reviews of this baby and I've only seen a few on the streets. If given the chance to purchase this minivan, I will buy this.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Thanks for sharing your experience. This really helps. I have three children too. Have you had any issues with the ground clearance? Any experience of scraping the bottom when passing over humps or when backing out or moving into steep inclines? Parang mababa kasi. My friend also told me about the mileage. For a 2.4 Liter engine, I guess this is reasonable.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    AFAIK, ground clearance rating is at par with sedans. However the body style does give it the illusion of being lower than it really is.

Especially when running side by side with truck-based vans like the Starex.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Mitsubishi Grandis