New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ILuvDetailing
    Grandis looks good, if only mitsu released it earlier than the Previa.
    And if they could just lower that price of Php 1.480, which is very close to a 4x4 Fortuner!

In the looks department, the Grandis is top notch! However if you look at it at certain angles, it might remind you of a hearse just like the way the new Honda Odyssey does.

I don't know why the dash occupies so much space? Maybe they should have trimmed it down a bit, to allow for more usable front space and better frontal visibility.

Looking at the specs, the Grandis has a ground clearance of 155mm. Compared to a typical sedan, say a current Lancer which has 165mm ground clearance, might mean that Grandis might have problems traversing floody streets.

Bottomline, this thing is suitable mostly for highway cruising, but not really ideal for tight city prowling. Low ground clearance means there's a cause for concern when rain starts to pour heavily.

I actually saw a residential unit on my way to work, having both a Grandis and a Previa. Previa is only a few months older than the Grandis (Previa plate is XSS-***, Grandis plate is ZAK-***). Both in Beige color. Best of both worlds for the family that owns the vehicle.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by number001
    I don't know why the dash occupies so much space? Maybe they should have trimmed it down a bit, to allow for more usable front space and better frontal visibility.
    i agree, when i checked one of the units on display, tumatama yung tuhod ko dun sa center dash.
    Signature

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    electronically powered ang door knob sa likod. kahit tulak mo lang ng daliri mo bubukas. ganon rin ba sa innova???

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mbt
    Innova feels roomier than grandis (and probably is) hehe...
    Grandis feels roomier than Innova to me.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyFerrari
    Grandis feels roomier than Innova to me.
    that's true!!!

6. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    he didn't even mention the rear seats can be adjusted like a lay-z-boy. sarap sarap umupo sa likod, parang nasa business class sa airplane.

yup, it is fast, and the suspension is great. we tested the test drive unit going up the hills of the Dole Plantation and it was superb.

andy

andy

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I saw a black one as it was entering rockwell.

Ganda talagang tignan. This car does look amazing in black.

With this, parang dumadami na ang nakikita kong Grandis on our roads.

Especially since Honda doesn't have the JDM Odyssey here, Mitsu doesn't have to worry about competition from the former.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Hello. Have been going through the various forum topics and have found the input and feedback very helpful. Am currently looking to replace my Kia Carnival and considering the Mitsubishi Grandis. Unfortunately, I have not found any first hand owner experience or write up. Would any of you care to post or share your experience? I have looked at the Fortuner, Starex, Venture, Innova, Previa. I saw the posting yesterday of the new Sedona but with my terrible experience with Kia, Wheels and their after sales service, I have no intention of getting any Kia product anymore.

I have visited Diamond Motors twice already and my wife likes the Grandis as she is the one driving the Carnival. Parang kotse, medyo mababa lang ang ground clearance but seems more manageable to drive and park than the bigger Carvnival. I noticed that the spare tire is really designed as a spare. It is half the width of the regular tire and designed to be used only for emergencies.

Appreciate any feedback or thoughts on the Grandis. Thanks.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hello po and welcome...

Please try the Search box on top of the page, or just skim through the "SIMILAR THREADS" box at the bottom of this page for previous discussions of the sharp looking Grandis

10. Join Date
    May 2005

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Mitsubishi Grandis