New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 37 of 501 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787137 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 370 of 5002
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,929
    #361
    Driver's side power door lock mechanism broke down already after 6 months. To think I was extra careful with the mechanism. Kar Asia Davao dealer repaired it under warranty. Also complained about rattling steering wheel, all they did was tighten something since there was no replacement on stock.

    Now comes the uneven height issue. Right side is higher than left by about 30 mm. Measured using tape measure from the center rim to fender flare. But according to MMPC, they measure the height using the headlight as reference. There are 4 lines on Strada's headlights, their reference point is the second line from the bottom. Kar Asia used a laser type device to check for height difference, and guess what? Difference is only 10 mm (tolerance is 15 mm). So from the tire level, somehow the uneven height loses 20 mm.

    In fairness, the service advisor and the service department head agreed that there is indeed a substantial height difference even by just looking at the Strada but their hands are tied. So they call the one in charge of warranty claims (don't really know his position) and another discussion and lively argument. In the end, he promised to make a report and follow up.

    But wait, it gets interesting. Was curious as to why when we measure from the tires, the height difference is 30 mm and from the headlight it's only 10 mm. Got concerned whether the headlights or the whole body was skewed the other way by 20 mm by the factory to compensate. When I got home, I re-checked height difference using headlight and also side mirrors as reference. Lo and behold, height difference is still about 30 mm. Their laser method of measuring height using headlight reference is inaccurate.

    Told them that if MMPC will not honor warranty, the least that they can do is teach me how to fix the uneven height and I'll pay for the repair. Their reply was they don't know or can't give me the part number needed to fix the issue since they do not know what it is nor have they ever encountered anyone complaining of uneven height on their Stradas.

    Now, we wait for the report to be made and submitted to MMPC if that guy will really make a report. Again, let me reiterate, the service advisor was helpful and accommodating, they even helped arguie my case with the one in-charge. The problem is probably with MMPC since they also give their dealers a hard time in processing warranty claims.

    A million thanks to Nismo for helping in warranty claim.
    Last edited by Walter; December 20th, 2010 at 11:10 PM.

  2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,957
    #362
    hi sir walter!

    Nismo txted me the issue with the uneven height of your strada...

    actually the strada has a really slight lean on the left side because of the position of the gas tank which is designed for the RHD market....but for me it isn't that noticeable naman....and AFAIK there is no relative safety issue regarding it....

    But there are really some cases that has a faulty leaf spring or a front coil spring which really results to a much noticeable lean on the left...pretty much like what happened to our soon to be wed BOSB Ohmme.... If my memory serves me right....hehe

    But if its really that noticeable...then the warranty we completely cover the replacement of it...and with the help of our congressman nismo over there I'm sure the your claim will surely be in the fast lane...

    but do compare it first to other strada's within your area it really helps to lessen our worries when we know that its really normal...

    but I'm telling you already, we all have gone through the same route as yours, and our strada's still doesn't fail to satisfy us up to this very moment...

    HTH bro...^__^

  3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    2,059
    #363
    Sir Tell the sevice/warranty claims to first interchange the front strut/coil assembly and then measure again, if the lean transfered to the other side then it must be the strut/coil that has a problem. if the lean remains in the same side then it must be the car. if you have time have it done with the rear leafs as well to eliminate the possibilities.

  4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,929
    #364
    Quote Originally Posted by locoroco777 View Post
    actually the strada has a really slight lean on the left side because of the position of the gas tank which is designed for the RHD market....but for me it isn't that noticeable naman....and AFAIK there is no relative safety issue regarding it....

    But there are really some cases that has a faulty leaf spring or a front coil spring which really results to a much noticeable lean on the left...pretty much like what happened to our soon to be wed BOSB Ohmme.... If my memory serves me right....hehe
    Believe me, 1.25" is a really noticeable difference. Our company has about 5 Stradas, most only have 0.5" slight lean.

    The problem sometimes with warranty claim is that some dealers are too lazy to make the paperwork or MMPC makes it difficult for dealers to claim warranty.

  5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,929
    #365
    Quote Originally Posted by ARB View Post
    Sir Tell the sevice/warranty claims to first interchange the front strut/coil assembly and then measure again, if the lean transfered to the other side then it must be the strut/coil that has a problem. if the lean remains in the same side then it must be the car. if you have time have it done with the rear leafs as well to eliminate the possibilities.
    Have though about doing this and will wait for Kar Asia to reply regarding warranty claim before attempting this. Kar Asia technicians did find it strange as to why both leaf springs were positive, they said one should be negative. That this should also apply to the coil springs.

  6. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    990
    #366
    Hmm.. My rear driver side is lower by 10mm while my front driver side is lower by 13mm. Pero halata na mas malaki ang wheel well clearance sa passenger side if the tire tread lines up with the fender flare or medyo labas.

  7. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    212
    #367
    sayang... magsisisi ka hehehehehehehe...

    magsisisi ka at ngayon ka lang bumili... hehe... it's a joy to drive... sobra...

    i am from baguio... we frequent pangasinan... pero may mga ilang members din dyan sa pangasinan... antay mo lang silang magmesssage sa iyo...

    magmember na!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by wataru View Post
    di ko na talga napigilan sarili ko... hehehe kumuha na ako ng strada ko kahit d ko pa nabenta jazz ko... :D sana tama decision ko... anyone po in pangasinan na member ng TSCP? pano po sumali?

  8. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    212
    #368
    well said... SIR LR!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by locoroco777 View Post
    hi sir walter!

    Nismo txted me the issue with the uneven height of your strada...

    actually the strada has a really slight lean on the left side because of the position of the gas tank which is designed for the RHD market....but for me it isn't that noticeable naman....and AFAIK there is no relative safety issue regarding it....

    But there are really some cases that has a faulty leaf spring or a front coil spring which really results to a much noticeable lean on the left...pretty much like what happened to our soon to be wed BOSB Ohmme.... If my memory serves me right....hehe

    But if its really that noticeable...then the warranty we completely cover the replacement of it...and with the help of our congressman nismo over there I'm sure the your claim will surely be in the fast lane...

    but do compare it first to other strada's within your area it really helps to lessen our worries when we know that its really normal...

    but I'm telling you already, we all have gone through the same route as yours, and our strada's still doesn't fail to satisfy us up to this very moment...

    HTH bro...^__^

  9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    995
    #369
    Same predicament regardign the uneven height. Casa checked it (that was October) and found out that the leaf and coil spring did have some defects. Ayun i-request "daw" as per the last info I have they got already the coil spring pero ala pa yung leaf spring. Baka yung nagdala ng request naka bangkang de sagwan at yung magdadala ng leaf spring yung bangkang de sagwan pa din pabalik ng Pinas kasi until now ala pa yung parts.

    Anyway, dahil sa wala pa yung parts ikinabit ko ulit yung Mags ko, kasi kung yung OEM.... ay siya, parang babalintong pag nasa kurbada. At least kung itong currentmags compensated naman ng kaunti yung leaning towards the left side (di masyadong pansin) pag pakurbada pa-kanan.

    Kaya tuloy ang ligaya.... yehaaaa!!!! kakabitan ko na lang siya ng chip.... para makalimutan ko saglit yung uneven height... di naman siguro sasabog o masusunog ang clutch nito pag nagkataong dadaan ako sa impassable road?!?
    Last edited by shakatak70; December 21st, 2010 at 01:46 PM.

  10. #370
    Quote Originally Posted by wataru View Post
    di ko na talga napigilan sarili ko... hehehe kumuha na ako ng strada ko kahit d ko pa nabenta jazz ko... :D sana tama decision ko... anyone po in pangasinan na member ng TSCP? pano po sumali?
    ^^^ ***
    *wataru,

    congrats for your new purchase. what variant did u get and from what dealer? thanks also for your interest in joining TSCP. please PM me your contact numbers and email address and let's see on how we can meet up in the coming weeks. the club currently has about 4 members in the province and we are also grooming one of them to a coordinator there... like sir krinkx, i'm also baguio based.

    in the meantime, pls go to the "join us" tab of www.stradaclubph.com to learn more about joining the club.

    looking forward to meet you. thanks and happy holidays!

    ianmitsulancer, tscp NL

2010 Mitsubishi Strada [continued 2]