New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 73 of 501 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783123173 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    * Sir LR777 - Thanks for the quick reply and all the collective tips.

* Sir Big Bonsai - additional info lang po. Some other casa's they pry a bit open the joint that holds the silencer, saw it in one of the older posts.

Sa akin meron din po konti but it comes and goes (doesn't really bother me yet), plus I guess having a canopy give added weight kaya di masyado maingay na? Please do correct me if I'm wrong mga BOSBs.

* Ezrydre - thank you sir for the additional info.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by big_bonsai View Post
    Mga Sir question lang po.. Almost 2.5K palang tinatakbo ng ride ko lakas na ng squeking sound, ganon ba talagang kaaga lumalabas yun..? Never been tried sa rough road plan ko palang sana....

The infamous "ek-ek" sound, as a fellow member said -- narinig ko ito sa rig ko around 700km sa ODO ko. I was cleaning my tires when my 7-year old kid jumped up-and-down sa bed, the "ek-ek" sound was not that strong naman. After the cleaninng I researched here on the forum... may long term solution na a plastic silencer. Kaya when I had my rig subjected to its 1KM PM, I informed Diamond-QAve and presto --- solved "ek-ek".

Sa mga nabasa ko - Diamond-QAve, Diamond-VV, Diamond-Marcos and Citimotors-Alabang; alam nila ang solution sa "ek-ek". Paki dagdagan na lang if may na miss out ako.

------
    Add mo na rin --->> Pa check mo na rin ang stance ng rig mo, para when they put the silencer no turning back ka na. Common minor issue rin sa Strada natin ang hindi pantay na Stance, medyo mababa ang sa Driver side; according to the older thread of this forum, the error should be equal of less than 10cm.

------
    HTH

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dBoss View Post
    according to the older thread of this forum, the error should be equal of less than 10cm.
    Sir dBoss, paki-check and verify naman ito sa owner's manual ng strada. Sa pagkakaalala ko, eh, equal or less 10 mm. Thanks.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dBoss View Post
    The infamous "ek-ek" sound, as a fellow member said -- narinig ko ito sa rig ko around 700km sa ODO ko. I was cleaning my tires when my 7-year old kid jumped up-and-down sa bed, the "ek-ek" sound was not that strong naman. After the cleaninng I researched here on the forum... may long term solution na a plastic silencer. Kaya when I had my rig subjected to its 1KM PM, I informed Diamond-QAve and presto --- solved "ek-ek".

Sa mga nabasa ko - Diamond-QAve, Diamond-VV, Diamond-Marcos and Citimotors-Alabang; alam nila ang solution sa "ek-ek". Paki dagdagan na lang if may na miss out ako.

------
    Add mo na rin --->> Pa check mo na rin ang stance ng rig mo, para when they put the silencer no turning back ka na. Common minor issue rin sa Strada natin ang hindi pantay na Stance, medyo mababa ang sa Driver side; according to the older thread of this forum, the error should be equal of less than 10cm.
    Ok thank you Sir dBoss, try ko sa citimotors alabang sabay na sa 5k PMS.
    ------
    HTH
    Quote Originally Posted by mjlu View Post
    * Sir LR777 - Thanks for the quick reply and all the collective tips.

* Sir Big Bonsai - additional info lang po. Some other casa's they pry a bit open the joint that holds the silencer, saw it in one of the older posts.

Sa akin meron din po konti but it comes and goes (doesn't really bother me yet), plus I guess having a canopy give added weight kaya di masyado maingay na? Please do correct me if I'm wrong mga BOSBs.

* Ezrydre - thank you sir for the additional info.
    Thank you Sir mjlu....

5. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ooba99 View Post
    Sir dBoss, paki-check and verify naman ito sa owner's manual ng strada. Sa pagkakaalala ko, eh, equal or less 10 mm. Thanks.
    Mine is 15cm. My SA said the tolerable difference is 20mm.

So what's the official difference?

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Good evening again to all.. i really need your help and inputs about this. i went to Karasia today, for the said scheduled steering assembly change, but i was confused when i didn't sign any documentations, ganyan po ba talaga ang procedure pag warranty claim? or im being duped by this SA?

but my biggest concern here is this very weird sound. casa told me that they couldn't rule any problems because they might get technical or something when the said part sent to manila,?? instead he told me to just have to observe the vehicle.

the sound is irritating and disturbing especially when im in a quiet environment so i took the liberty to record it and post it in here hoping for an insight. T.T

Engine.mp3

the recording took place while to hood is open, i place my mobile phone first on the front left facing the car moving towards the right then back to the left, if im correct the turbo is located on left facing the car.

Guys, your my only hope, i couldnt ask any of my relatives nor my family for help because im sure that if this is a major problem, they would surely blame me for getting this unit

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    hi sir binzur,

I suggest meet up one of the bosb's there and compare it and also they might be able to help you out with it...

BTW, Did you change you air filter to KNN? because AFAIK it makes a not too loud whistle... if not, then still check it anyway maybe its too clogged up with dust already...and clean the box too BTW.... I'm guessing its the culprit...

HTH
    Last edited by locoroco777; January 27th, 2011 at 10:41 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Idoy View Post

The official difference is written in our owner's manual. Paki-check na lang, sir Idoy. I can't seem to find my owner's manual. Na-misplace ko ata.

15cm?! That's about 6 inches difference in height of your left from the right fender? Sobrang laki ng difference. You can have that fixed at the casa under warranty.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by locoroco777 View Post
    hi sir binzur,

I suggest meet up one of the bosb's there and compare it and also they might be able to help you out with it...

BTW, Did you change you air filter to KNN? because AFAIK it makes a not too loud whistle... if not, then still check it anyway maybe its too clogged up with dust already...and clean the box too BTW.... I'm guessing its the culprit...

HTH
    hello sir locoroco. i haven't change my filters yet. uhm the unit had its 10K PMS last dec 22. and the mechanic did sprayed air into the filter cleaning it.
    btw, the noise showed up after 2 days since we made use of the vehicle to travel flooded streets.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Idoy View Post

The official tolerable difference is +5mm of whatever your measurement is. My difference is 35mm and according to their laser measurement at headlight level, it's "only" 15mm or less. Getting warranty from Mitsubishi dealers is PITA. Makes one ALMOST regret getting a Mitsubishi. Good thing, the Strada is a very good pickup, then there's the upcoming 2011 Montero Sport.

2010 Mitsubishi Strada [continued 2]