New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    Usually, birds of the same feather flock together. I was thinking perhaps, your relatives are rich enough that they only hang out with others like them. By the time many Fil-Ams reach that point, they're old. A lot more Pinoys would be at the lower income brackets, usually in the middle.

When I returned here, my relatives ensured I had a measure of self-sufficiency. The first was being able to drive around on my own. I did that within 5 days. Next was getting a job. Like everyone else, I took odd jobs and minimum wage ones so I can buy stuff.

Home life at my uncle's place meant doing chores: mowing the lawn, washing dishes, even helping my uncle replace shingles at the roof. They're not the doting kind. If I wanted to eat? I simply helped myself. They weren't empty nesters. So, I had my cousins around. They had school on weekdays. But, we had fun on weekends.

It's the same routine for a few relatives who got petitioned and immigrated here. Get em up to speed and get em working.
    My overprotective Aunt and Uncle in IL are middle class. They did make me drive on the first week (I think) but I am not allowed to drive alone. Even my cousin's ex who lives with us is so protective of me, she calls me girly girl and kiddie everything LOL! I told them I want to work at Costco or TJ maxx, but they said no because it's manual labor.

Maybe it's because they are empty nesters and miss taking care of someone. My Aunt just told me to get pregnant already and leave my baby in the US for her to take care of LOL! Oh my Aunt wakes me up at 12 pm and the food is ready

Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    panigurado cathy pag may work kana dyan, di kana masyado bantayan
    Gusto ko na nga mag work talaga. USD15 per hour ang minimum dito, pwede na haha!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    My overprotective Aunt and Uncle in IL are middle class. They did make me drive on the first week (I think) but I am not allowed to drive alone. Even my cousin's ex who lives with us is so protective of me, she calls me girly girl and kiddie everything LOL! I told them I want to work at Costco or TJ maxx, but they said no because it's manual labor.

Maybe it's because they are empty nesters and miss taking care of someone. My Aunt just told me to get pregnant already and leave my baby in the US for her to take care of LOL! Oh my Aunt wakes me up at 12 pm and the food is ready

Gusto ko na nga mag work talaga. USD15 per hour ang minimum dito, pwede na haha!
    Don't be idle too long. Potential employers look at your work history and they don't like to see long gaps of idleness. It's best to work even if it's manual labor. Once you're within an organization, you can always apply and move up to admin or something higher.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    Don't be idle too long. Potential employers look at your work history and they don't like to see long gaps of idleness. It's best to work even if it's manual labor. Once you're within an organization, you can always apply and move up to admin or something higher.
    Yes. Thankfully, I am still technically employed in our company. My boss made sure that I am "areglado"

4. Join Date
    May 2014
    sana pwede narin sa pinas yan statement na yan no LOL

5. Join Date
    Aug 2018
    I saw a video of a dog (golden retriever) having seizures due to distemper. I caaaan't. Why are you sad today?Why are you sad today?Why are you sad today?

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Missy View Post
    I saw a video of a dog (golden retriever) having seizures due to distemper. I caaaan't. Why are you sad today?Why are you sad today?Why are you sad today?

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
    it's worse, were it a human.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    last day in Makati.. will miss the jolli jeeps.. si Kalbo.. si Egay.. si Manong Sisig..

15 years total in Makati.. Legaspi Village.. 8 years sa Perea.. 1 year sa Citibank.. 6 years sa Rada..
    Last edited by _Qwerty_; August 16th, 2019 at 01:50 PM.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    last day in Makati.. will miss the jolli jeeps.. si Kalbo.. si Egay.. si Manong Sisig..

15 years total in Makati.. Legaspi Village.. 8 years sa Perea.. 1 year sa Citibank.. 6 years sa Rada..
    Ganyan din ako nung lumipat kami sa McKinley. 7 years din ako nagwork sa Makati. Bye bye jolly jeep, bye bye spanish bread ng fortune bakeshop sa GB1, bye bye lakad from Ayala FGU to MRT Ayala Station via elevated walkway/Greenbelt/Landmark/Glorietta/SM Makati.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I found out today that my childhood best friend who I have known since I was 6 years old will migrate to the US!!! Why are all my friends leaving this country!!!

2004 my friend who I love like a sister left (we see each other multiple times a week) so I became closer with my resto buddy who I spent the most time with, then she left 2009 for Australia, thankfully, I was starting my new job so I made new friends, then 2018 my office BFF left for Germany.

Now my childhood BFF is leaving 2020!!! Mukhang sabay pa ata sa month ng last day ko sa position ko

I am starting to think that UF is right na i goal ko na sa buhay ang asawa (that's what she did) because friends come and go
    Last edited by _Cathy_; February 19th, 2020 at 02:24 PM.

10. Join Date
    May 2019
    2020 tama na!!!! Quota na!!!

I found out today that my childhood best friend who I have known since I was 6 years old will migrate to the US!!! Why are all my friends leaving this country!!!

2004 my friend who I love like a sister left (we see each other multiple times a week) so I became closer with my resto buddy who I spent the most time with, then she left 2009 for Australia, thankfully, I was starting my new job so I made new friends, then 2018 my office BFF left for Germany.

Now my childhood BFF is leaving 2020!!! Mukhang sabay pa ata sa month ng last day ko sa position ko

I am starting to think that UF is right na i goal ko na sa buhay ang asawa (that's what she did) because friends come and go
    same Ms. Cathy..
    di ko akalain na nakakasawa na din pala maging single.. hahahaha Why are you sad today?
    di ko akalain na darating pala sa point na masarap na din pala mag settle down..
    hirap na nga lang maghanap ng matinong lalaki sa panahon ngayon.. *sigh*
    may mga asawa na ang mga good guys.. hahahahahaha Why are you sad today?

Sent from my CPH1907 using Tapatalk