New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    sige cathy pagkakuha mo ng SSN mo, try mo mag trabaho blue collar. tapos kung kaya mo at di naman mahirap gawin, commute ka narin
    Maglakad nga ng 500m ayaw ako payagan ng Auntie and Uncle ko. They're in their 80s pero sumasama sakin sa lahat. May ilang stores na hinahatid ako pero every hour tumatawag They treat me like a child here, much worse than my family in Manila, I appreciate their love naman
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    in that case,
    do not do anything major, until your vistas widen when you get your SSN.
    Yup

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Because freedom of speech is dead.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Maglakad nga ng 500m ayaw ako payagan ng Auntie and Uncle ko. They're in their 80s pero sumasama sakin sa lahat. May ilang stores na hinahatid ako pero every hour tumatawag They treat me like a child here, much worse than my family in Manila, I appreciate their love naman

Yup

Geez. What kind of neighborhood are you at? Here where I am, we have elementary kids, including kindergarten and 1st-graders who walk home by themselves.....under the hot sun too.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; July 29th, 2019 at 12:14 AM.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    Geez. What kind of neighborhood are you at? Here where I am, we have elementary kids, including kindergarten and 1st-graders who walk home by themselves.....under the hot sun too.
    It's a good neighborhood naman daw. Northside/Northshore IL. I'm babied too much. Even what I wear (wear jeans so insects can't bite or jacket when it's cold)

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    It's a good neighborhood naman daw. Northside/Northshore IL. I'm babied too much. Even what I wear (wear jeans so insects can't bite or jacket when it's cold)

I realize your relatives mean well. But, they're not doing you any favors if they keep sheltering you from the harsh reality of life. They should think about making you self-sufficient while they still have time in this world.

Knowing the habits of Pinoys from all over the world, there is bound to be a Fil-Am association nearby. I'd start with them. They're a great source of help and tips. Plus, the pot lucks and other Pinoy gatherings are always fun and lively.

Filipino Community in Illinois | The Filipino.com
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; July 29th, 2019 at 01:44 AM.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I realize your relatives mean well. But, they're not doing you any favors if they keep sheltering you from the harsh reality of life. They should think about making you self-sufficient while they still have time in this world.

Knowing the habits of Pinoys from all over the world, there is bound to be a Fil-Am association nearby. I'd start with them. They're a great source of help and tips. Plus, the pot lucks and other Pinoy gatherings are always fun and lively.

Filipino Community in Illinois | The Filipino.com
    I've been to one with my Uncle and Aunt but 90% of the attendees are old, nobody from my age range

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I've been to one with my Uncle and Aunt but 90% of the attendees are old, nobody from my age range
    Maybe the income bracket is too high.

Try searching a bracket or two lower. The potlucks we got to have a diverse age group from their 20's to the 60's.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; July 29th, 2019 at 04:12 AM.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Maybe the income bracket is too high.

Try searching a bracket or two lower. The potlucks we got to have a diverse age group from their 20's to the 60's.
    What do you mean about income bracket?

Empty nesters that's why all attention on me. I have another Aunt who is so attentive and would do as much as sprinkle the cheese on my pasta, makes sure my water is refilled agad, adding more food on my plate, sa mass she would turn the pages for me on the misallette. Those little things, but that's how women should be naman talaga

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    What do you mean about income bracket?

Empty nesters that's why all attention on me. I have another Aunt who is so attentive and would do as much as sprinkle the cheese on my pasta, makes sure my water is refilled agad, adding more food on my plate, sa mass she would turn the pages for me on the misallette. Those little things, but that's how women should be naman talaga

Usually, birds of the same feather flock together. I was thinking perhaps, your relatives are rich enough that they only hang out with others like them. By the time many Fil-Ams reach that point, they're old. A lot more Pinoys would be at the lower income brackets, usually in the middle.

When I returned here, my relatives ensured I had a measure of self-sufficiency. The first was being able to drive around on my own. I did that within 5 days. Next was getting a job. Like everyone else, I took odd jobs and minimum wage ones so I can buy stuff.

Home life at my uncle's place meant doing chores: mowing the lawn, washing dishes, even helping my uncle replace shingles at the roof. They're not the doting kind. If I wanted to eat? I simply helped myself. They weren't empty nesters. So, I had my cousins around. They had school on weekdays. But, we had fun on weekends.

It's the same routine for a few relatives who got petitioned and immigrated here. Get em up to speed and get em working.

10. Join Date
    May 2014

Yup

panigurado cathy pag may work kana dyan, di kana masyado bantayan