New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    2. transmission fluid could be low. check for leaks? im assuming automatic. whats the car?
    Vios1.3E A/T gen 2

Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    3. siezed brakes? could be low power equivalent..

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Aug 2018
    I was hoping it's just bad gas so I still drove it (putting it on N during stops) to empty the tank but I get the heating seat and handbrake.

Thanks for your inputs. With all the items to check I will be looking for a mechanic or a repair shop. Sabi nga ni travajante, we wouldn't want to waste car parts, money and time.

I'm still sad about it though.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    pardon the poorly constructed response..

brakes could be grabby or siezed. when this happens, you feel the engine being weak and not responsive.

another thing to check is the air filter. if its clogged you could be running rich. this causes the engine to run a bit warmer than normal

if the transmission fluid is low. there could be not enough fluid to transfer heat, check for leaks. or if the transmission fluid has changed characteristic. there could be slipping between the plates and this can cause some extra heat. near the right leg.

if there is heat near the seat. thing to check is the heatshield..

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    rough idling. no pulling power. hot driver seat and handbrake.

the first two could be palyadong engine, for a variety of usual and unusual causes.

is it hot driver seat and handbrake, or is it overall hot driver space?
    is the vios's temp gauge the traditional needle that gives the driver a better picture of engine temp, or is it an idiot light that turns on when already overheating, but not when "almost overheating"? my guess is, the latter.

my wild guess is, the engine is "almost overheating"... not enough to cause the idiot light to turn on, but hot enough to "overheat". automotive doubletalk. heh heh.
    this may be the cause of rough idling and poor pull, and driver perception of hot seat and handbrake.

the cause? just the usual causes of overheating... lack of coolant, clogged coolant movement, fan malfunction.

one other thing.
    how's your aircon?
    in some cars kasi, when the engine gets too hot, the compressor shuts down. the aircon will still blow, but it won't be cold.

curious.
    Last edited by dr. d; March 18th, 2019 at 02:06 AM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post

the first two could be palyadong engine, for a variety of usual and unusual causes.

is the vios's temp gauge the traditional needle that gives the driver a better picture of engine temp, or is it an idiot light that turns on when already overheating, but not when "almost overheating"? my guess is, the latter.

my wild guess is, the engine is "almost overheating"... not enough to cause the idiot light to turn on, but hot enough to "overheat". automotive doubletalk. heh heh.
    this may be the cause of rough idling and poor pull, and driver perception of hot seat and handbrake.

the cause? just the usual causes of overheating... lack of coolant, clogged coolant movement, fan malfunction.

one other thing.
    how's your aircon?
    in some cars kasi, when the engine gets too hot, the compressor shuts down. the aircon will still blow, but it won't be cold.

curious.
    curious too if the thermostat is partially opening only. or if the water pump impeller is partially damaged. partially seized water pump? a scanner can see if the temps are beyond limits.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i don't like these engine temp idiot lights.
    the traditional moving electromechanical needle is more useful to the thinking driver.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post

one other thing.
    how's your aircon?

curious.
    Sorry doc, late reply.

The heat is just around the seat and handbrake area, the back of my shirt was warm. But not the manibela, no heat in that area. The vios gen 2 has the "idiot" light. Aircon is fine.

The seller (my sister) said air filter and brake pads are new, August of last year.

Maybe it's bad gas. Will look for an injector cleaner.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hope that it's just the summer weather slowly creeping in.

If nagpa karga ka pang ng fuel before nangyari yan, then sa fuel system lang meron problema.

I'm leaning on bad fuel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Hope that it's just the summer weather slowly creeping in.

If nagpa karga ka pang ng fuel before nangyari yan, then sa fuel system lang meron problema.

I'm leaning on bad fuel.

I swear it's not the summer heat (I can almost smell something...plastic). But it doesn't happen until I get to about 1 hour of driving. I'm guilty of revving it harder because of lack of power. For now, I'm not using it muna until it's fixed.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Missy View Post
    I swear it's not the summer heat (I can almost smell something...plastic). But it doesn't happen until I get to about 1 hour of driving. I'm guilty of revving it harder because of lack of power. For now, I'm not using it muna until it's fixed.

Baka tama si stock, yun preno mo stucked up.