I just wanted to share with you how my day started today.

I was on leave yesterday and had my car detailed because I am planning to sell it. I travelled all the way to QC to have my car car detailed especially the insides. They did a good job of shampoing the seats, upholstery, roof and everything. However, when I got my car at 6pm, the insides was still a bit wet because it rained during the day, so they suggested that I leave the windows open during the night to dry off the uphostery.

So when I went to sleep last night, I left the windows half open to let the air in. I thought, the worst thing that could happen is for my car to be infestested with mosquitoes in the morning. Well this was tolerable. I just have to leave the windows open during the first 1/4 part of my trip to the office to drive all (most of) the mosquitoes away.

Initially, I was not planning to use this car today because the insides were still a bit wet but since my other car is banned today because of the number coding, I need to bring this car to the office.

OK, fast forward to this morning: I got up late from bed this morning so I was in a hurry to take a bath and change. I was running late as it was already 9:00 am but since I am semi-retired in the office, I guess my office will not mind if I was a bit late. As I was about to leave the car, I need to put back the floormats which I left in the trunk last night. Did I mention that my car is a wagon? So when I opened the trunk, viola, the resident stray cat which my son keeps as a pet gave birth last night inside the trunk of the car. This cat was proudly looking at me while she was breast feeding 5 newly born kittens.

Luckily for me, the cat gave birth on the floormats and not directly on the rug. Well, at least I thought she did. There were lots of blood scattered all over the floormat but none on the carpet.

So I had to carefully remove the kittens and the mother cat from the trunk and put them in a cardboard box. I wasn't sure if the cat would scratch me for stealing her kittens but it was a good thing that she did not.

I thought the ordeal was over. I said that I could still go to work despite this. I could live with the blood stench smell inside the car which was not too much though. I plan to leave the windows open when I drive to the office even though the rain was already drizzling.

I got my old floor mats and put them over the wet carpet on the driver side while I asked our househelp to clean the soiled floormats later. So backed out the wagon to bring in the other car into the garage. As I did this, I smelled something unpleasant. I thought that I might have smelled some cat or dog poo somewhere near as the smell went away. I checked the soles of my shoes and there was no unpleasant objects there. So I finished switching the cars and as I was about to leave, I got the plastic bag where I put the contents of the car before I had it detailed yesterday. And again, I smelled the fould odor again. I asked our househelp if she smelled it too but she said that she did not. I even checked the contents of the plastic bag but there were none.

So I went back to the car ready to leave for work. The weather was now drizzling harder so I thought there goes the newly shined paint of my car. As I was about to sit down on the driver's seat, I finally noticed that there was cat poo on the driver's seat! It was already flat which meant that I sat on it earlier. I checked my pants and true enough, there was cat poo splattered on it.

I then check the driver's seat of the other car and there was also cat poo on it. Luckily this car had seat covers so I only need to wash the seat cover.

As for the newly detailed / shampooed car, it was a mess. Unfortunately for me, I removed the seatcovers previously because I was planning to have this detailed. So the cat poo mess was directly on the uphostery of the driver's seat. OK, so this was already the cue that I was not going to work today. With rain drizzling over me, I decided that this was definitely not my day. This was a sign from God that I should just stay home surf the net and readup on my unread threads in Tsikot.

But before doing that, I had to scrub the plastered cat poo from the driver's seat. I did my best to clean and shampoo the seat. I did not have the patience of removing the car seat so I just shampooed it inside the car.

I just hope that I don't need to have my car detailed again otherwise it's P2700 down the drain.

So for this morning, I had to contend with mosquitoes in my car, a cat which gave birth inside the car and the same cat pooing on the driver seat which spread to my pants and the seat cover of the other car.

I hope you guys had a better morning that I did.

Have a nice day!!