New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: I believe in...

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Darwin's Theory of Evolution

17 29.82%
  • Creationism (Story found in the book of Genesis)

24 42.11%
  • Both

14 24.56%
  • Neither... I believe in something else

2 3.51%
Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    touchy issue yan...

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Ok here's the FINAL ANSWER:

I don't know!

3. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    konting humor lang:

The chief problem about death, incidentally, is the fear that there may be no afterlife -- a depressing thought, particularly for those who have bothered to shave. Also, there is the fear that there is an afterlife but no one will know where it's being held.
    -- Woody Allen, "The Early Essays," Without Feathers

I do occasionally envy the person who is religious naturally, without being brainwashed into it or suckered into it by all the organized hustles.
    -- Woody Allen, Rolling Stone, 1987

If only God would give me some clear sign! Like making a large deposit in my name at a Swiss bank.
    -- Woody Allen, "Selections from the Allen Notebooks," in New Yorker, Nov. 5, 1973

Not only is there no God, but try getting a plumber on weekends.
    -- Woody Allen, "My Philosophy," The New Yorker (December 27, 1969), Getting Even "My Philosophy" (1971)

How can I believe in God when just last week I got my tongue caught in the roller of an electric typewriter?
    -- Woody Allen, Without Feathers, 1975

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by woulfe27
    BTW, who said Ben Franklin was a devout Christian?
    I stand corrected. B. Franklin was a deist. (Deists believe that knowledge of God comes through reason rather than the revealed will of God as found in the Bible. They also hold that after God created the world, he ceased to be involved in it. Thus they do not believe in a personal God.)

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i always thought psylocke was the ***iest x-man...and that british accent!! :inlove:

6. Heretic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    Errh... and this was in the Bible? I think not. "The Book of Adam and Eve" is a modern document, and if it isn't in the Bible, it isn't true, right? Read through Genesis. There is no mention of any female progeny of Adam and Eve. Just Cain, Abel and Seth.
    Lol, I'm not defending Creationism per se. I was only showing that the Genesis in itself is one of many versions of old myths handed down through traditions and as such, should not be taken as the "one true" proof of our origin. The way I see it, Creationism puts a "finality" in our being human, physical or otherwise.

Sorry for the confusion

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    no prob. :D

Quote Originally Posted by ts1n1ta
    you guys think too much.
    Too true!

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    no prob. :D

Too true!
    yup because we evolved to be thinking beings

another version of the question is: which came first, chicken or egg?

9. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    the cock :D

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo
    evolution but by God's will.

yung bible story of creation e folk tale yun ng mga jews how the world was created, just much like the filipino folk tale story of "malakas at maganda". different peoples have different ways of telling the story of their origins, but the theme is the same - God created us and the universe. in fact kung buhay si darwin nung panahon na sinulat ang book of genesis e di totally different story ang mababasa natin sa bible.
    let me dig up yebo's old post... I believe many Christians (including me) feel the same way.

some of you might be trying to make this an atheist versus Christian thing. let us just stick to the topic.

Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
What do you believe in? Evolution or creationism?